Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another week, another loss

Another week, another loss

You can't pin this loss on Derek Carr, who played a superb two halves of football. Take away a questionable personal foul against Bruce Irvin for talking to a referee and "offsetting" pass interference calls (one against offense and one against defense - in 50 years of watching football I don't think I've ever seen calls made against both offense and defense for pass interference, negating a play) and the Raiders easily win.

All we needed was one more first down. One more first down. One more first down.

To be honest, I thought Jared Cook was set for a full second before the snap. How do you make a questionable call like that at the end of the game unless it was clear?

And even after all of those miscues or questionable officiating, we still had a chance to win at the end by stopping the Broncos. But Arden Key and Bruce Irvin both decided to take off a couple of plays at the end of the game, because they were gassed.

Why were they gassed? Because we had used all of our timeouts. While Derek Carr got off a play in time, Coach Jon Gruden didn't want to take a chance and used our final timeout. Imagine what one long timeout could have done for our defense at the end. Just one timeout to give our defensive line a breather and bring in fresh players. But we couldn't.

The will to win wasn't there.

It wasn't in the offensive line when we need a couple of yards. It wasn't in our defensive line when they needed to suck it up and rush the passer. It wasn't even in our coaching, as we used our last timeout needlessly when we could have used it at the end of the game to get our defensive players a breather.

Our defense is better. Our offense is better but not as productive as in 2016. Why? The players just aren't playing together yet. The team is still coming together.

With games coming up against the Dolphins and Browns, we have a chance to right this ship. We have to win two in a row, and then take on the Seahawks and beat them, too. That will get us going in the right direction and give us momentum.

It can be done. I've seen it done before. The 1980 Raiders started out playing worse than this team but won the Super Bowl.

We gotta believe. This team has got to believe. It takes a little time. But time is starting to run out -- unless we can win three in a row.

They just don't know how to win. All on Gruden and his horrible play calling/coaching.

We're close man, they'll turn the page soon...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

All the Gruden bashers better learn to like it. He’s going to be around for quite some time

Its funny because this 0 and 2 team looks better than last years 2 and 0 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Raideriam View Post
    Its funny because this 0 and 2 team looks better than last years 2 and 0 team.
    Very true. Which is why I said they don't know how to win. First two games looked way better in losses than most games of recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    All the Gruden bashers better learn to like it. He’s going to be around for quite some time
    10 million down, 90 million to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Thatís a fact

They just don't know how to win. All on Gruden and his horrible play calling/coaching.
    With Carr and the receivers being red hot, I wish they would have come out throwing on that last drive. Forget about killing the clock, win the game.

Gruden is also still making money on television commercials. Seen him telling a flat tire that it wasn't hurt and to get backup.