Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week #2. 2019 Draft draft position

Week #2. 2019 Draft draft position

Week #2 of the NFL season.
    Where will we draft?

If we end up having #16 and #5, it feels like the #16 pick will come from Chicago.

After a solid showing @ GB they feel like a .500 team. Ballpark of 7-9,8-8,9-7. A legit top 6 NFL D but a below average O.
    They play in their HOME opener on MNF vs 0-1 Seattle. The Seahawks also feel like a .500 team.
    Chicago has some cupcakes coming up so another loss to start 0-2 would be HUGE. But that home crowd will be going nuts on Monday. Tough tough game for Sea.

Raiders play @ Mile High.
    We saw what Carr did with pressure in his face (and at his feet) last week. Quick dump offs to avoid pressure might be the norm again. Denver sacked Wilson 6 times last week!!
    Look for Cooper to get more looks downfield Sunday. You know Gruden is hammering that home this week. Shit up, take the hit, and throw it to Coop! His happy feet remind me of his brother losing confidence with scary pressure every week in Houston.

We are big underdogs this week, lose this game, it could spiral. We follow Sunday with a east coast game at improved Miami, and back home vs MUCH improved and talented Clev Browns. Then back in LA vs arguably the most talented team in the NFL in the Chargers. If Bosa is healthy, thatís another death D-Line Carr has to deal with.

How Carr deals with this Bronco D-Line could give a forecast how this season will progress.

Chicago win = they finish 9-7 about pick #18
    Chicago loss = they finish 7-9 about pick #12

Raider win = we finish 8-8 about pick #16
    Raider loss = we finish 5-11 about pick #6

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Week #2 of the NFL season.
    Where will we draft?

If we end up having #16 and #5, it feels like the #16 pick will come from Chicago.

After a solid showing @ GB they feel like a .500 team. Ballpark of 7-9,8-8,9-7. A legit top 6 NFL D but a below average O.
    They play in their HOME opener on MNF vs 0-1 Seattle. The Seahawks also feel like a .500 team.
    Chicago has some cupcakes coming up so another loss to start 0-2 would be HUGE. But that home crowd will be going nuts on Monday. Tough tough game for Sea.

Raiders play @ Mile High.
    We saw what Carr did with pressure in his face (and at his feet) last week. Quick dump offs to avoid pressure might be the norm again. Denver sacked Wilson 6 times last week!!
    Look for Cooper to get more looks downfield Sunday. You know Gruden is hammering that home this week. Shit up, take the hit, and throw it to Coop! His happy feet remind me of his brother losing confidence with scary pressure every week in Houston.

We are big underdogs this week, lose this game, it could spiral. We follow Sunday with a east coast game at improved Miami, and back home vs MUCH improved and talented Clev Browns. Then back in LA vs arguably the most talented team in the NFL in the Chargers. If Bosa is healthy, that’s another death D-Line Carr has to deal with.

How Carr deals with this Bronco D-Line could give a forecast how this season will progress.

Chicago win = they finish 9-7 about pick #18
    Chicago loss = they finish 7-9 about pick #12

Raider win = we finish 8-8 about pick #16
    Raider loss = we finish 5-11 about pick #6
    either way we got great picks in a draft full of studs on defense and who knows we may pivot and trade down for more picks plus being 85 million under the cap will allow us to go hard after major talent to upgrade our defense,we could also drade picks like the rams did to obtain elite talent on the last yrs too,they added cook,talib and peters via trade and used their 70 million in cap to add suh

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    either way we got great picks in a draft full of studs on defense and who knows we may pivot and trade down for more picks plus being 85 million under the cap will allow us to go hard after major talent to upgrade our defense,we could also drade picks like the rams did to obtain elite talent on the last yrs too,they added cook,talib and peters via trade and used their 70 million in cap to add suh
    The season will determine if the Raiders need to turn over a massive amount of players, or add some elite play makers. The Raiders need some big name talent to sell jerseys in Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The season will determine if the Raiders need to turn over a massive amount of players, or add some elite play makers. The Raiders need some big name talent to sell jerseys in Las Vegas.
    i think karl joseph gets traded or cut,i think bruce irvin gets cut next yr along with penn if amari cooper doesn't play like a wr1 i can see us declining his option yr and moving on too,derrick,reggie and otehr old players jettisoned as well,leaving us with over 100 million in cap space to revamp the talent on this team plus draft picks

i think karl joseph gets traded or cut,i think bruce irvin gets cut next yr along with penn if amari cooper doesn't play like a wr1 i can see us declining his option yr and moving on too,derrick,reggie and otehr old players jettisoned as well,leaving us with over 100 million in cap space to revamp the talent on this team plus draft picks
    The roster already seen a big turnover under Gruden. There probably won't be many pre-Gruden players left in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The roster already seen a big turnover under Gruden. There probably won't be many pre-Gruden players left in 2019.
    2019 would be the time to do it with 100 million in cap and 2 1st rd picks

If the Raiders need big name talent to sell tickets in Vegas, then maybe it wasn't a good idea to move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    If the Raiders need big name talent to sell tickets in Vegas, then maybe it wasn't a good idea to move there.
    with 100 million in cap we could add 5 all pros no problem but it would be smart to add maybe 3 all pros and 5 or 6 good players to the roster then draft well with 2 1st rd picks,2nd rd pick 3rd rd pick and add to our 2018 draft picks

The Raiders better get this ship right cause @Denver is gonna be tough. Miami isn't great but we never play well on the east coast. Cleveland is much improved, however if they start 0-2-1 they might start Baker. And the Chargers will be really tough to beat. If this spirals out of control we could be 0-5 out of the gate

Carr needs to take some chances. Not check down for the sure thing. If he doesn't do it against Denver, put McCarron in. Or McGlion if he's available.