Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Like rats deserting a sinking ship

Hold on people....The Rams are EXPECTED to be a Super Bowl team...we confused them for a half. We had a QB lose his mind and other than that we were in it in the 4th Quarter against a LOADED team with a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense. Calm down. Its not how you start the season its where you are going into the playoffs and we can get right back into the mix of things by beating Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    Hold on people....The Rams are EXPECTED to be a Super Bowl team...we confused them for a half. We had a QB lose his mind and other than that we were in it in the 4th Quarter against a LOADED team with a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense. Calm down. Its not how you start the season its where you are going into the playoffs and we can get right back into the mix of things by beating Denver.
    Doesn't matter to me. It was the lack of adjustment, bad play calling, bad execution. By the entire offense and coaching staff. I would have rather them lost 45 -10 at least trying to make plays rather than going the easy route which didn't work out either.

Usually takes half a season for the team to start clicking when a new system is installed. Last night's shit show was definitely a clear indication that Carr is no where near ready to run this offense and the front four is a joke. Miller played well as did most of the offensive line, given what they were up against. WR were open but carr kept dumping short. The whole team was put in a meat grinder. Good teams respond, bad teams don't. Next week is against one of most hated rivals who still have a decent defense. Let's see what Carr can do next week

the raiders are going in the right direction our coaching staff baffled wade philips and sean mcvay for half the game a couple of mistake costed us a 20-7 lead going into half time,phillip and mcvay adjusted to our game plan we simply didn't have the fire power to re-adjust to their adjustments,we lack good recievers whom can beat tough coverages,we simply lack the stud rb whom could command respect and keep the defense honest,im glad we traded mack and got the xtra picks 2 1st a 3rd a 6th plus massive amounts of cap space,next yr we make our move thru the draft and free agency,we will add stud piece and young stud talent and re-emerge stronger then ever,2020 with more massive cap space and mutilple 1's and 3rd's we will be stacked for vegas

Think we need to see how they do against an average team; I mean Wade Phillps is a great DC....

I am waiting and see, this was the first game new players the new coaching staff Gruden will fix it.

Carr was jumpy and looked unsure in the second half. To me, thatís coaching and scheme because of his performance in the first. I watched Carr take command in the first half making all kinds of changes at the line of scrimmage based on what he was seeing from the defense. The guy was successfully running the hurry up, or trying due to slow ref ball placement, the whole game.
    The Rams defense confused him in the second half and that is COACHING. He under three Cook and threw a duck also, it I put his performance in second half on Gruden and his halftime adjustments: COACHING.
    Gruden got out coached and they had no recovery plan.
    I donít buy this jump ship on Carr dogsh$t. Gruden talks in the media like an enigma, complimenting and trashing players in the same commentary. Heís trying to motivate them.
    Carr is the best QB weíve had since Gannon and has talent to become better than Gannon. Iím ridin this Carr out.

Let the rats drown!

For me i want to see the adjustment Gruden/Carr make vs Denver..See how they both adjust after that clown show in the 2nd half...This isnt a 2nd year QB and a young coach..No excuses for Chuckie if we stink it up in Denver..

Itís as simple as this.... Carr needs to be in the shotgun. He needs to run an up tempo style where HE calls plays and adjustments at the line. Musgrave understood this, might have been later in games, but he understood this. Gruden wants to be in charge of the play calling, which is fine, but he needs to utilize what DC is not only good at, but he is actually GREAT at. Bellichick adjusts his style of offense to the strengths of his personnel. Either Gruden needs to understand this, or, he needs to get the type of qb to execute HIS system. I think basically this team is rebuilding. Gruden has jettisoned a ton of Saint Reggie guys. Maybe Marky insists on keeping Carr, since Saint Reggie really didnít select him. Iíve been screaming NO HUDDLE for two straight years now....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Think we need to see how they do against an average team; I mean Wade Phillips is a great DC....
    All Phillips did was put his best CBs on Cook to shut him down. That should have allowed the Raider WRs to get open and as Gruden pointed out,they did. Cooper was wide open several times. Carr just didn't throw to him.