Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Papa joins Whiners

The Raiders are the ones leaving the Bay Area. Being sour at Papa for not picking up and following is beyond stupid. Good luck to him. He was a true joy to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I agree, it's not like he wanted to leave the Raiders for the '9ers.
    Exactly, he's gotta eat. But TOOOOUUUUCCCCHHHHDOOWN NINERS tho? LOL
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    After all these years, I wonder if he will accidentally yell RAIDERS instead of NINERS a few times.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    He not doing radio, but there pre and post game show.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    We will never really know what really happened. Brent Musburger is a good play by play guy plus nationally he is better known than Papa. Let's not be like other team fans - Let's wish well to Papa for services rendered & welcome Brent.
    Its been pretty well documented why he got canned.

Quote Originally Posted by jermely View Post
    The Raiders are the ones leaving the Bay Area. Being sour at Papa for not picking up and following is beyond stupid. Good luck to him. He was a true joy to hear.
    "Joy to hear"? LOL.....I`m guessing you have been fortunate to not have to listen to too many Raider games on the radio over the years like I have.......but "joy to hear" would never cross my mind. Other than "Touchdown Raiders!!!!"...Papa was/is a less than stellar radio announcer. Painted a horrible picture of what was going on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    "Joy to hear"? LOL.....I`m guessing you have been fortunate to not have to listen to too many Raider games on the radio over the years like I have.......but "joy to hear" would never cross my mind. Other than "Touchdown Raiders!!!!"...Papa was/is a less than stellar radio announcer. Painted a horrible picture of what was going on the field.
    I only caught him when Gamepass showed preseason games with Raiders broadcast and on 95.7. He always seemed to know a lot, not just on the Raiders. And I think he has a pleasant voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackattack5287 View Post
    Yeah we all knew this was coming.

What a loser.
    Its amazing how ignorance always speaks the loudest. Its a constant in this society, what ashame .

Papa should have kept his Piehole shut and he would still be employed by the Raiders.

I loved listening to Papa on the broadcast. Most Sundays I would mute the tv and synch it up to the Raiders broadcast via internet. I understand Papas loyalty to Al, and I understand the criticism of bringing in Shanahan for an interview. FUCK that guy. Al HATED him! Marky got butthurt when Papa said as much. Musberger does a great job, but I’ll miss Papa.