Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mack wants $22M/Yr.

He will play for his 13.8 million this year. He won't tank it or play half ass because that will hurt is contract value. Mack could have had his agent ask for Von Millers deal plus a little and I think 90% of us would be all over Mark and the team for not doing that. He decided to ask for the moon so its fair to question his desire to be a Raider long term. He opened that door, and we have the 3 year option to use it.

Should the Raiders have a banner year and go deep in the playoffs and win great; but should we suck wind and are playing for a draft pick again and a team offers something silly stupid fun at trade deadline - let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I dunno, I can see going to $20m/year but even that is going a bit higher than you'd want. That isn't too far off though if he's willing to come down a little and they can hammer out guarantees and stuff. It's better than the $25m some have put out there.
    Agreed, this is all negotiable, a few more guarantees, bring him down to average 20 million....I'm just hoping it's a cash thing. If I recollect, signing a contract includes a mandatory setup of an escrow account where we have to dump the guaranteed portion of the contract into this account.....if we're talking 50-60 million in guarantees......I can see that the Raiders would be hard press to come up with this until TV revenues are sent to the teams. Plus who knows how much of the early stadium expenses are coming direct from the Raiders coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Yup, the strategy for the Raiders is pretty transparent. They won't (or shouldn't) trade him at this point.
    Agree.

What MIGHT happen? A GM will see Mack completely take over a 4th Qtr game on defense. The GM falls in love with the thought of Mack on HIS team. He wants Mack at ANY price! So he ups the offer!
    Massive blockbuster trade happens with a treasure of picks like the Herschel Walker trade. (Though we would never get THAT much)

Speaking of the Walker trade. ******Fun Raiders Note****** Four games into the 1989 season, Jimmy Johnson came up with the idea to trade Walker while on a morning jog with his staff. Johnson felt the Cowboys were so terrible that only a blockbuster trade could help them. He briefly considered trading wide receiver Michael Irvin to the Los Angeles Raiders, but Al Davis essentially talked Johnson out of the trade by saying, "You sure you want to do that? Who is going to catch passes for you?" Johnson felt that Walker was the only remaining bargaining chip they had.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Right now, I think the odds favor the Raiders not signing Mack this season. He wants too much and they stopped talking to his agent.
    He still under contract, he has one more year, now they should start fining him game checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Agree.

What MIGHT happen? A GM will see Mack completely take over a 4th Qtr game on defense. The GM falls in love with the thought of Mack on HIS team. He wants Mack at ANY price! So he ups the offer!
    Massive blockbuster trade happens with a treasure of picks like the Herschel Walker trade. (Though we would never get THAT much)

Speaking of the Walker trade. ******Fun Raiders Note****** Four games into the 1989 season, Jimmy Johnson came up with the idea to trade Walker while on a morning jog with his staff. Johnson felt the Cowboys were so terrible that only a blockbuster trade could help them. He briefly considered trading wide receiver Michael Irvin to the Los Angeles Raiders, but Al Davis essentially talked Johnson out of the trade by saying, "You sure you want to do that? Who is going to catch passes for you?" Johnson felt that Walker was the only remaining bargaining chip they had.
    I know the Raiders have yet to play a preseason game, but I have a good feeling about the defensive line this year. Hurst, Hall, and Key could take some of the double teams off of Mack and improve his sacks.

Lombardi doesn't have any Raider sources. He's just adding a couple mill to what Von Miller is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Not a fact, but likely true.

Michael [email protected]
    With K Mack wanting more than 20 million per year (sources tell me he actually wants 22) a deal with the trading team must happen first--going to be costly on both ends, trade and contract.
    fuck mack and his greedy ass. QB money ? go fvck yourself.... Tom brady the best QB of all time arguably, only gets 15 million per year.

how's it going to feel mack when you lose over $800 K for missing todays game. Thats a lot of money dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    He still under contract, he has one more year, now they should start fining him game checks.
    Mack loses over $800 K for todays game. And the Raiders have no choice, he loses game checks regardless of what the team wants. They can't waive it for games like they can waive the fines for missing practices / training camp. $800K, (ill check to see if the other 3 season games are equal or more than the $800K), but at minimum thats $3.4 million he loses just for the preseason games, plus whatever missing practices will cost him (if raiders don't waive the fines). So likely he will make about $10 million of his $13.4 million for 2018 season. Please set the example Reggie, no more letting players fuck you over by holding out. First penn now mack, if you let it happen for mack, now everyone will hold out moving forward. Cooper next year, etc.

Fine his arse! This shit is getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Mack loses over $800 K for todays game. And the Raiders have no choice, he loses game checks regardless of what the team wants. They can't waive it for games like they can waive the fines for missing practices / training camp. $800K, (ill check to see if the other 3 season games are equal or more than the $800K), but at minimum thats $3.4 million he loses just for the preseason games, plus whatever missing practices will cost him (if raiders don't waive the fines). So likely he will make about $10 million of his $13.4 million for 2018 season. Please set the example Reggie, no more letting players fuck you over by holding out. First penn now mack, if you let it happen for mack, now everyone will hold out moving forward. Cooper next year, etc.
    Dont mean to doubt you, but they discussed this on Sirius NFL radio the other day with Pat Kirwin stating that its basically up to the team to levy the fines and make the fines stick. He said the money (if enforced by the team) tends to go to the players favorite charity. He was referring to both missing training camp and preseason games.
    I dont know if this is a fact or not but Kirwin sounded pretty convincing. They were asking him when he was a GM if he enforced the fines, as well as if the current GMs enforce the fines. He said he did and most current GMs do.
    Edit: Kirwin was not a GM but rather the Director of Player Administration where he negotiated contracts and managed the teams salary cap. He was involved directly with the enforcement of fines to players checks..
    Last edited by ThePantyRaider; 08-10-2018 at 01:19 PM.