Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mack wants $22M/Yr.

Mack wants $22M/Yr.

Not a fact, but likely true.

Michael [email protected]
    With K Mack wanting more than 20 million per year (sources tell me he actually wants 22) a deal with the trading team must happen first--going to be costly on both ends, trade and contract.

He plays out his 13mil contract and then Franchise tag him the next 2 years at 17 million & 19 million...

The Raiders save 8+ million using the Tags....then its Bye Bye Mack. Arden Key will be his replacement

I dunno, I can see going to $20m/year but even that is going a bit higher than you'd want. That isn't too far off though if he's willing to come down a little and they can hammer out guarantees and stuff. It's better than the $25m some have put out there.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I dunno, I can see going to $20m/year but even that is going a bit higher than you'd want. That isn't too far off though if he's willing to come down a little and they can hammer out guarantees and stuff. It's better than the $25m some have put out there.
    Von Miller is the highest paid DE in the NFL at 17 million a year. Theres No way you pay 5 million more a year, that's a 30% markup. You especially dont pay it when you can save 5 million next year and just use the franchise tag at 17 million.

2 players taking up 1/4 of your salary cap is not a great idea... What does Cooper get? 3 players at 1/3 the cap?

22 Million, I say TRADE HIM.

McKenzie has said the Ram's contract with Donald has nothing to do with Mack. We also heard that the Raiders have not contacted Mack's agent for months. It might all be true. In this poker game the Raiders are holding a contracted year and two tags. I think they will absolutely go the tag route rather than pay $22/year. Mack is holding out, but he knows he will not get any money if he misses the season. He either reduces the price, or plays under the current contract. I don't see anything happening until the season starts.

So he is asking for 22m. I can see RM / Mark saying no we will pay Von Miller plus but not plus 5 million. We will just pay him 13.8m in 2018 and reboot this with 8 million dollars saved next year.

Quote Originally Posted by IERaiderFan View Post
    22 Million, I say TRADE HIM.
    As the Lombardi tweet I posted says, a trade is going to be costly. The team would have to pay a ransom to the Raiders and also sign Mack to a new contract at $22/Year. Aaron Rodgers is currently making $22/Year and many say he is the most valuable player in the league. An idiot GM would have to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    As the Lombardi tweet I posted says, a trade is going to be costly. The team would have to pay a ransom to the Raiders and also sign Mack to a new contract at $22/Year. Aaron Rodgers is currently making $22/Year and many say he is the most valuable player in the league. An idiot GM would have to be involved.
    I dont want Mack traded but when you said idiot GM I immediately thought of the Browns

Lol