Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obi Out medical evaluation

Obi Out medical evaluation

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-body-injury/

Man I had such high hopes for him and Joseph anchoring the secondary

He has to be on the bubble for making the team roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    He has to be on the bubble for making the team roster.
    I would think he's outside the bubble hoping to get back in at this point. I don't see him making it with the other talent we have there. Obi was drafted to be our version of Kam Chancellor with Joseph playing Earl Thomas. We aren't trying to be the Seahawks anymore so I'm not sure he's really someone they are worried about. Problem with Joseph is we had him playing that in the box Kam role more than what he's meant for. I still have hopes Joseph can be what we thought he could be. Obi constantly injuried won't fly and I see him as a roster cut soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I would think he's outside the bubble hoping to get back in at this point. I don't see him making it with the other talent we have there. Obi was drafted to be our version of Kam Chancellor with Joseph playing Earl Thomas. We aren't trying to be the Seahawks anymore so I'm not sure he's really someone they are worried about. Problem with Joseph is we had him playing that in the box Kam role more than what he's meant for. I still have hopes Joseph can be what we thought he could be. Obi constantly injuried won't fly and I see him as a roster cut soon.
    i dont see obi on teh bubble,dudes skillset and high draft position should protect him for another yr

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i dont see obi on teh bubble,dudes skillset and high draft position should protect him for another yr
    RM has a hard time coming to the reality some of his picks don't work out - I beat on RM for his picks a lot but this was one I thought would be great. If he can't beat out the 3rd string guy he doesn't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    RM has a hard time coming to the reality some of his picks don't work out
    Some??........

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    I normally agree with this, but combine the depth chart that has him as our 5th safety right now and the injuries so far this off-season....I dunno he may not be as safe as he normally would be. Ranking 5th also puts him above Luani....

How many safeties does a team normally keep? A team normally keeps 8-9 DB's in total.

Melvin
    Conley
    Worley
    Hall
    N.Nelson

Joseph
    Gilchrist
    Harris
    R.Nelson

--------

Obi
    Luani
    Wright
    McDonald

He will have to beat out a guy like Reggie Nelson to make the team I think.

This guy is entering bum territory. What a waiste. I dont think he wants it bad enough. You have 4 dudes in front of you and when its your chance to shine you have a flair up... give me a brake man. Erik Harris practiced with a broken finger because he wants it badly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    This guy is entering bum territory. What a waiste. I dont think he wants it bad enough. You have 4 dudes in front of you and when its your chance to shine you have a flair up... give me a brake man. Erik Harris practiced with a broken finger because he wants it badly enough.
    That's exactly what I'm seeing here. Look at the roster, Obi is on the outside looking in right now, he needs to be on the field winning a job - 2nd round pick or not.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I normally agree with this, but combine the depth chart that has him as our 5th safety right now and the injuries so far this off-season....I dunno he may not be as safe as he normally would be. Ranking 5th also puts him above Luani....

How many safeties does a team normally keep? A team normally keeps 8-9 DB's in total.

Melvin
    Conley
    Worley
    Hall
    N.Nelson

Joseph
    Gilchrist
    Harris
    R.Nelson

--------

Obi
    Luani
    Wright
    McDonald

He will have to beat out a guy like Reggie Nelson to make the team I think.
    For the Raiders, I have seen 6 corners and 4 safeties.....so he might be on the outside looking in....then again, given he's hurt, they shelve him for the seasons.