Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders need to re-sign Narorro Bowman as soon as take care of Khalil Mack

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Raiders need to re-sign Narorro Bowman as soon as take care of Khalil Mack

Let's get Mack first. Camp is right around the corner. So important for him to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Possibilities:

1 - Bowman wants too much money.
    2 - McKenzie told Bowman he wants him, but is waiting for Mack to sign first.
    3 - Bowman will retire

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Possibilities:

1 - Bowman wants too much money.
    2 - McKenzie told Bowman he wants him, but is waiting for Mack to sign first.
    3 - Bowman will retire
    #3 is out,bowman will play for the money with his family in frisco and its skyhigh cost of living

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    #3 is out,bowman will play for the money with his family in frisco and its skyhigh cost of living
    I don't know. His' last contract with the 49ers included $20 million in guaranteed money. He should have enough to retire if he didn't spend it all, which I doubt. He also would be crazy to stay in the Bay Area if he retired. He would move to a state with low taxes.

It's interesting that there are no teams linked to Bowman. I'm sure he would improve the rosters of a lot of teams. I can see McKenzie not signing him until he knows how much money is left after Mack's deal.

How much has bowman made over the years? I'm pretty sure he's set for life. Bay area or not he may want another year of decent money but I doubt he's in great need of it. The latest signings suggest his worth is probably in the 2.5-3.5m range and he may just not understand that. Who knows. Like its pointed out maybe its just a wait on Mack.

Where Top Remaining NFL Free Agents will sign.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ll-sign#slide9

It's now July, and Bowman remains unemployed. If he's stuck in "take what you can get" territory, as he appears to be, it makes sense for him to stay in the Bay Area. He'll likely do just that—right before camp opens.
    Last edited by Johnkr; 07-10-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Bigger question: Its 7-10 and Mack isn't signed. WTF is going on? Carr signed last year a full 18 days ahead of this. How effective is he going to be if in a forced to play under his terms mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I don't know. His' last contract with the 49ers included $20 million in guaranteed money. He should have enough to retire if he didn't spend it all, which I doubt. He also would be crazy to stay in the Bay Area if he retired. He would move to a state with low taxes.

It's interesting that there are no teams linked to Bowman. I'm sure he would improve the rosters of a lot of teams. I can see McKenzie not signing him until he knows how much money is left after Mack's deal.
    even with the 20 million guaranteed when you take out fed and state its more like 11 million add in teh cost of living of san fran and that money doesn't last too long

even with the 20 million guaranteed when you take out fed and state its more like 11 million add in teh cost of living of san fran and that money doesn't last too long
    He's played in the league 8 years - he's made a tad more than 20m - that was just his guarantee on the last contract wasn't it? And actually after taxes in CA he probably netted 9m not 11m on that 20. Yes there are players that party, spend and buy like crazy but he has a family and a home in the SF area. He doesn't strike me as one of the typical wasteful players. I'd bet he's set for life.