Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amari cooper option

amari cooper option

Raiders discussing Cooper's 5th-year option

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie said the team has been in touch with Amari Cooper's agent about "possibly" exercising his fifth-year option.
    "I donít want to put anything out there, donít want to put the cart before the horse so to speak," said McKenzie. "But we like Amari." A year ago, picking up Cooper's option would have been a no-brainer, but he damaged his stock by committing 10 drops last season, third-most in the NFL behind only Keenan Allen and Dez Bryant. The Raiders claim Cooper wasn't fully healthy, which may explain why the 23-year-old finished with career-lows in both catches (48) and receiving yards (680). The Raiders have until May 3 to decide on Cooper's option

In other words, Reggie said he's discussing the option --- and the writer is trying to spin it as though it's not a done deal because of drops and health issues. Slow day in football.

He may be a person we can all like but if we offered him what he plays too in worth he’d be pretty pissed....rookie deal is better than his worth right now,

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    He may be a person we can all like but if we offered him what he plays too in worth he’d be pretty pissed....rookie deal is better than his worth right now,
    He can't afford to be pissed. Mack can. He has to at least prove himself as more than a one season wonder. I'm confident he will.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    He can't afford to be pissed. Mack can. He has to at least prove himself as more than a one season wonder. I'm confident he will.
    i agree amari cooper has not broken thru as a legit wr1 and last yr was a mere wr3 type of wr,picking up his option would pay him 13.9 million in 2019 which is way way too much imo

Let's see how Cooper does under Gruden before discussing contract extensions.

It might have made sense, if you believed in him, to offer him a 3 year deal that is in between what the top guys make and what his worth is at current performance. Offer him some bonuses to pick it up so if he delivers he's paid accordingly. It made no sense to give him 13.9m

Tim Brown jr. Maybe faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Let's see how Cooper does under Gruden before discussing contract extensions.
    This......................