Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suh may be available

At $8-10 million a year it raises the question.....

Bruce Irvin or Donkey Kong? Salaries would cancel each other out.

I like Bruce more, but how does he fit in this system? I think Bruce is more of a 3-4 rush OLB

(This is if Suh doesn't want more than that)
    Last edited by raiderintheco; 03-12-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    You said the Raiders had an off year last year.
    I was pointing out that is not true. It wasn't a good year, but fairly average/normal for the Raiders.
    And I've probably been a Raider fan longer than you've been alive so don't pull that "jump ship" crap with me.
    maybe you have, i'm 57 and was friends with Mike Madden when i was in 7th grade living in Pleasanton. I've been a Raider fan for a long time. I was at the Sea of hands game as a kid, and as an adult living in New England now i was in attendance for the Tuck game.

I bleed silver and black, as do my sons, i raised them right they were close to being patriots fans.

Did i once say this year was a good year? Meshawn F'd that up, and hopefully we get rid of the cancer.

Last year was a good year, did i say that it was a great year?

I said that we were better than a 6 and 10 team and were not a 12 and 4 team the year before, somewhere inbetween.

This team is going to be very good, too much talent for it not to be. When they add some veterans to the mix they will have arrived.

You make it sound like this team is not ready to contend, i differ, this team will be a contender next year barring any unforeseen injury.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderintheco View Post
    At $8-10 million a year it raises the question.....

Bruce Irvin or Donkey Kong? Salaries would cancel each other out.

I like Bruce more, but how does he fit in this system? I think Bruce is more of a 3-4 rush OLB

(This is if Suh doesn't want more than that)
    if the question is do we keep Irvin vs. spending the money on Suh, there is no discussion that needs to take place, you either find a way to make the numbers work or you cut Irvin, Suh is a game changer, that is something that Irvin is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    if the question is do we keep Irvin vs. spending the money on Suh, there is no discussion that needs to take place, you either find a way to make the numbers work or you cut Irvin, Suh is a game changer, that is something that Irvin is not.
    Exactly what I am thinking...

I will be stoked if we get Suh... we finally will have that monster in the middle that we havent had forever. Can totally change our D. Makes everyone around him better. How do you possibly stop Suh and Mack next to each other? Feel bad for the O line... this is exactly what we need and Suh was born a Raider. Although if he thought he got a lot of bad penalties in Detroit and Miami, he aint seen nothing yet til he dons the silver and black.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    Did i once say this year was a good year?

You make it sound like this team is not ready to contend, i differ, this team will be a contender next year barring any unforeseen injury.
    No you didn't say it was a good year. You said it was an off year. My point was 6-10 normal for the Raiders. Not off at all if you look at the past 15 years. Off years are when teams don't play up to their potential or play past their potential. I also think this team will be a contender this year.
    This is not directed to you, but honestly I don't give a shit about the excuses the Raiders come up with by having multiple losing seasons. I'm not in charge of the team but I see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    I will be stoked if we get Suh... we finally will have that monster in the middle that we havent had forever. Can totally change our D. Makes everyone around him better. How do you possibly stop Suh and Mack next to each other? Feel bad for the O line... this is exactly what we need and Suh was born a Raider. Although if he thought he got a lot of bad penalties in Detroit and Miami, he aint seen nothing yet til he dons the silver and black.
    ^^^^^This
    That bout sums it up..I will sh#t a chicken of happiness if this happens..

If we get Suh, Id cut Irvin and Draft Davenport at 10 and a Corner in the 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    If we get Suh, I’d cut Irvin and Draft Davenport at 10 and a Corner in the 2nd round
    yep,thinking the samething,a line with davenport,ellis-mej,suh and mack would be monster for us

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    yep,thinking the samething,a line with davenport,ellis-mej,suh and mack would be monster for us
    We'll need something like that since we have only one CB with 2 part time games under his belt. And safties only slightly better because we at least have 2. No MLB. On paper the Raiders right now have probably the worst defense in the league. If only because they don't have players at most positions.