Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: THE LATEST on the return of Chucky: Merged

AG8A is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

THE LATEST on the return of Chucky: Merged

<a href="http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/03/stafford-suffers-from-shotgun-overload">Source</a>

Jon Gruden has been out of the NFL since his abrupt firing by the Buccaneers in 2008, when inside sources said the players turned against his hard coaching style. Known for his admiration of John Madden, many executives around the league believed Gruden was destined for a prime-time role in the broadcast booth and would seek to spend the rest of his career there, capitalizing on the naming rights involved with the video gaming world that reportedly have generated more than $100 million for Madden. While spending the past three seasons working for ESPN on Monday nights, Gruden also has not stopped spending extensive time grilling and getting to know the next batch of quarterbacks to come through the NFL in his annual "Gruden's QB Camp" series, logic would indicate, in preparation for the next coaching opportunity. The latest scuttlebutt in the league has Gruden, on the brink of turning age 50, in line to rejoin the Raiders' organization in a prominent role. The franchise’s downturn can be traced directly back to his departure a decade ago, he has a relationship with GM Reggie McKenzie from their time together in Green Bay and he has an even better understanding of the infrastructure in Oakland and the Al Davis brand of football than anyone in football. With more autonomy to run the organization how he sees fit, adapting a model that Davis taught him, Gruden is very well-positioned to resurrect a faitering franchise that went 0-for-November and has yet to win a game since owner Mark Davis put everyone on notice and said he was not pleased with the direction of the team.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ag8a View Post
    <a href="http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/03/stafford-suffers-from-shotgun-overload">source</a>
    Believe!
    DarkLordAlDavis likes this.

Pro Bowler
    IS THIS REAL? I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS I'M CLICKING OVER TO PREMIUM, TO SEE IF ANYTHING BEING REPORTED. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM/ADD TO THIS THREAD????
    Maybe my prayers are going to be answered......
    DarkLordAlDavis likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I think our GM and Mark are finally seeing the light!

Hall of Famer
    This sounds like pure speculation, plus I wasn't able to find it on the website either. However, there is nothing wrong with this speculation and Gruden has shown a deeper connection with the Raiders organization than any other. From that stand point everything is possible.

Hall of Famer
    I know many are in the camp of giving DA more time - but if Gruden would come back as the HC... I am all for that!

Wonder what the prominent role could be outside of HC?

PFW is a decent source, let's hope it is true.

Raider_D is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Jon Gruden returning?

Jon Gruden has been out of the NFL since his abrupt firing by the Buccaneers in 2008, when inside sources said the players turned against his hard coaching style. Known for his admiration of John Madden, many executives around the league believed Gruden was destined for a prime-time role in the broadcast booth and would seek to spend the rest of his career there, capitalizing on the naming rights involved with the video gaming world that reportedly have generated more than $100 million for Madden.

While spending the past three seasons working for ESPN on Monday nights, Gruden also has not stopped spending extensive time grilling and getting to know the next batch of quarterbacks to come through the NFL in his annual "Gruden's QB Camp" series, logic would indicate, in preparation for the next coaching opportunity.

The latest scuttlebutt in the league has Gruden, on the brink of turning age 50, in line to rejoin the Raiders' organization in a prominent role. The franchise’s downturn can be traced directly back to his departure a decade ago, he has a relationship with GM Reggie McKenzie from their time together in Green Bay and he has an even better understanding of the infrastructure in Oakland and the Al Davis brand of football than anyone in football. With more autonomy to run the organization how he sees fit, adapting a model that Davis taught him, Gruden is very well-positioned to resurrect a faitering franchise that went 0-for-November and has yet to win a game since owner Mark Davis put everyone on notice and said he was not pleased with the direction of the team.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Stafford suffers from shotgun overload

Pro Bowler
    Anyone with confirmation? Additional information? Is this a sick joke? WHATS GOING ON??????!!!!!!!!!!
    Thedude17 and raidernationbmw like this.

Hall of Famer

Pro football Weekly: Jon Gruden in line to rejoin the Raiders in a "prominent" role

Chairman of the Board
    I have neither confirmation or denial from my sources...
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    This would be utterly shocking if true. Why would he give up his gig to not be a GM or a HC with the Raiders? VERY strange to say the least!!!
    coRaider likes this.

BLKEEN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I wish this didn't get out if true now Gruden will deny it and espn will give him another raise to stay
    RaiderFunk likes this.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Hmmm...this is interesting.
    Rainman56 likes this.

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

Hall of Famer
    Well I know what I want for xmas now...LOL

If i was rebuilding a franchise I think it wise to maybe hire someone that has some experience as HC instead of a rookie. It's one thing to hire a rookie HC when you have a structure already in place and an identity, it's a totally different thing when you hire a rookie as HC when you have no structure, no identity and rebuilding a franchise that is in cap trouble and draft trouble. Common sense not so common nowadays.

If there's any shred of truth to us being able to land gruden then I say full steam ahead!
    raidernationbmw likes this.

Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_D View Post
    Jon Gruden has been out of the NFL since his abrupt firing by the Buccaneers in 2008, when inside sources said the players turned against his hard coaching style. Known for his admiration of John Madden, many executives around the league believed Gruden was destined for a prime-time role in the broadcast booth and would seek to spend the rest of his career there, capitalizing on the naming rights involved with the video gaming world that reportedly have generated more than $100 million for Madden.

While spending the past three seasons working for ESPN on Monday nights, Gruden also has not stopped spending extensive time grilling and getting to know the next batch of quarterbacks to come through the NFL in his annual "Gruden's QB Camp" series, logic would indicate, in preparation for the next coaching opportunity.

The latest scuttlebutt in the league has Gruden, on the brink of turning age 50, in line to rejoin the Raiders' organization in a prominent role. The franchise’s downturn can be traced directly back to his departure a decade ago, he has a relationship with GM Reggie McKenzie from their time together in Green Bay and he has an even better understanding of the infrastructure in Oakland and the Al Davis brand of football than anyone in football. With more autonomy to run the organization how he sees fit, adapting a model that Davis taught him, Gruden is very well-positioned to resurrect a faitering franchise that went 0-for-November and has yet to win a game since owner Mark Davis put everyone on notice and said he was not pleased with the direction of the team.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Stafford suffers from shotgun overload
    Yeah, the downfall can be linked to Gruden all right. He made the team the oldest in the NFL with no young guys to replace them!!! How come no one talks about this??

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information