Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: THE LATEST on the return of Chucky: Merged

TinandEbony is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by the greatness View Post
    **BREAKING NEWS**

Raiders send out press release denying any contact with Gruden.

Ric Bucher then kicked it up a notch went into great detail on what his source says the talks were about.
    Care to elaborate?

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    of course theyre going to deny it, they have to. the fact is that the talks are happening per multiple sources. the raiders have denied everything. they cant say yes we are talking or have talked when allen is still here, the passing of his father , etc etc.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TinandEbony View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Here is the press release. Makes John Herrera's "vehemently denied" release in the look pretty tame.

Members of the media: There are two people on this planet that have the ability to make talks happen between Jon Gruden and the Raiders, with regard to him allegedly taking over the football operations, and/or the position of head coach. Each of those individuals, owner Mark Davis and general manager Reggie McKenzie, wanted me to communicate that this rumor has no validity whatsoever. And for the record, Iím personally disgusted that Hub Arkush would spread such an untruth on the day our head coach, Dennis Allen, had to determine with his mom, his brother and sister, whether to take his dad off life support or wait and hope that he would regain consciousness. Dennis didnít have an opportunity to say goodbye to his dad, but he did have an opportunity to take a phone call regarding Hubís story.

Starter
    I don't expect the Raiders to admit to any talks with Grudens camp. I dont expect Gruden to admit to any either (however Gruden himself has been silent on the matter). I expect Davis will can Allen at the end of the year for the lack of progress and Gruden will slide right in. We'll hear all about how that was the plan all along and DA will be quickly forgotten. This is a business! There is no room for emotion, or loyalty for a first year HC. Hiring Gruden would be a very sound business decision period. RM has to know that people wont think him "foolish" for changing his mind on this first major hire when he sees how welcome a reception Gruden would get.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    Name ONE thing that Dennis Allen has done this year to show that he will be a good coach in the future?

Just ONE?
    He benched McClain didn't he?
    Chewy316 and raiderLUVjen like this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Well I guess if an NBA analyst from ESPN says it's true then it must be huh? SMf'nH!

Forget what all the Oakland beat writers, former players, and THE RAIDERS THEMSELVES had to say.

This rumor has the worst sources, yet people still thinks it's true?!?!

Starter
    The guy from profootballweekly just interviewed on the game. RECAP: He says so far its just been conversation, and they know Gruden wants back in the NFL. He says RM would stay. Gruden to HC most likely or maybe some kind of operations position. Sounds like most of the interest in Gruden is from the Davis family (Mark and his Mom). Thinks the Davis family would give Gruden a good amount of "power" to get him to sign. Blames all the teams woes on Al Davis and Hue Jackson. Palmer trade set the organization back two years. Confirms conversations have taken place but no speculation on how close each party is.

EDIT - Bucher's "sources" paint an almost identical picture

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    Well I guess if an NBA analyst from ESPN says it's true then it must be huh? SMf'nH!

Forget what all the Oakland beat writers, former players, and THE RAIDERS THEMSELVES had to say.

This rumor has the worst sources, yet people still thinks it's true?!?!
    Yeah dude. A national journalist from ESPN with Football/Basketball background versus local beat guys = no contest when it comes to resources. What Raiders players have reacted so far? None that I know.

Bucher is a Pro's Pro. Doubt he would put his rep on shaky ground.

Hall of Famer
    Yeah dude. A national journalist from ESPN with Football/Basketball background versus local beat guys = no contest when it comes to resources. What Raiders players have reacted so far? None that I know.

Bucher is a Pro's Pro. Doubt he would put his rep on shaky ground.
    Of course he is the "Pro's pro" when he tells you want you want to hear. Gutierrez, Jerry McD, and Cork have all shot this down really quick and basically saying that this is a rumor that doesn't even justify a response. Napolean Kaufman was the former player that shot it down as well. But hey Bucher works for ESPN and since they are the be all end all in sports news and information he would know right? C'mon the sources that we are hearing this all from is ridiculous. Scouts Scuttlebutt article in paragraph eleven, a Chicago Bears beat writer, and Bucher = WORST. SOURCES. EVER.

Veteran
    so you guys are going to beliee local beat writer scrubs over the national guys? what a joke. its no coincidence that every time big news or something happens, it comes from espn, nfl network, pft, pfw, etc. our local beat writers are a joke and are always last to know everything. they always shoot things down so quickly because they didn;t hear it. national media is so far above and beyond these scrubs we have

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    Of course he is the "Pro's pro" when he tells you want you want to hear. Gutierrez, Jerry McD, and Cork have all shot this down really quick and basically saying that this is a rumor that doesn't even justify a response. Napolean Kaufman was the former player that shot it down as well. But hey Bucher works for ESPN and since they are the be all end all in sports news and information he would know right? C'mon the sources that we are hearing this all from is ridiculous. Scouts Scuttlebutt article in paragraph eleven, a Chicago Bears beat writer, and Bucher = WORST. SOURCES. EVER.
    Agree to disagree. Yeah ... forgot about Nap. Saw his tweets yesterday and today. Seemed like he did no research and just "off the cuffed" it. Just doesn't make sense that Bucher's source would be making it up. Until Gruden himself puts this to rest I will continue to believe this has legit legs to it.

Hall of Famer
    Agree to disagree. Yeah ... forgot about Nap. Saw his tweets yesterday and today. Seemed like he did no research and just "off the cuffed" it. Just doesn't make sense that Bucher's source would be making it up. Until Gruden himself puts this to rest I will continue to believe this has legit legs to it.
    Nap is the team chaplin so with his current and past ties to the organization I personally don't see it as "off the cuff". Bucher's source is the same source as the other two, if there was smoke I don't believe that at least one of the beat writers would be saying something, it is thier job. I'm with you though dude, agree to disagree, it's cool.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersx127 View Post
    so you guys are going to beliee local beat writer scrubs over the national guys? what a joke. its no coincidence that every time big news or something happens, it comes from espn, nfl network, pft, pfw, etc. our local beat writers are a joke and are always last to know everything. they always shoot things down so quickly because they didn;t hear it. national media is so far above and beyond these scrubs we have
    It's thier job to know before the national media, and these guysare flat out denying the reports, if there was smoke they would be saying so. I will believe them before I would believe a National Basketball Association ESPN analyst, or a Chicago Bears beat writer, or the 11th paragraph where the main point of the article is Matt Stafford being in the shotgun formation too much.

People really don't question these supposed "sources"? Really?

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by TinandEbony View Post
    I don't expect the Raiders to admit to any talks with Grudens camp. I dont expect Gruden to admit to any either (however Gruden himself has been silent on the matter). I expect Davis will can Allen at the end of the year for the lack of progress and Gruden will slide right in. We'll hear all about how that was the plan all along and DA will be quickly forgotten. This is a business! There is no room for emotion, or loyalty for a first year HC. Hiring Gruden would be a very sound business decision period. RM has to know that people wont think him "foolish" for changing his mind on this first major hire when he sees how welcome a reception Gruden would get.
    That would be like Bronco fans getting mad about replacing Tebow with Manning. We won't think less of you, Reggie! Get er done for the sake of my mental health!!

Veteran

THE LATEST on the return of Chucky: Merged

Local beat writers are denying it because they were oblivious to the whole thing. They are always last to find out. National guys have more of a network and find out stuff alot easier than a small group of local guys. Of course this is more than a rumor. This is something that has happened or is happening. Will gruden be here next year, who knows. But to disregard it and say its not true after different sources confirmed it but local guys denied it is rediculous. This will not end and we'll find out the real story after the season when decisions are made

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread Information