Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Palmer completely shut out Knapp in the 4th qtr and called his own plays.

nakolo61 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Palmer completely shut out Knapp in the 4th qtr and called his own plays.

**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Carson Palmer & Off Cord Knapp not getting along. Rumors are Palmer starting calling his own plays 4thQ vs Jags

Is anyone able to verify this? This started swirling around twitter this morning.

nakolo61 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Sorry Mods. Didn't know this was an old topic. You can delete.
    -Nakolo61

Chairman of the Board
    Yet to be verified by anyone within the organization, so ... .

Otherwise, it's a concept that I've always subscribed too - let the QB call the plays. They've got the best sense of what will work or not.

Meanwhile, people here are complaining that we run the ball too much on 2nd and 3rd when the yards to gain are plenty. Knapp was catching the heat. If the tweet is true, Carson was doing the same thing.
    "Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

Hall of Famer
    Palmer and the coaches have already confirmed that it was Knapp's decision at halftime to go no huddle in the 2nd half. What happens is Knapp calls multiple play options and Palmer picks or audibles the plays accordingly for the defensive formation he sees. This story is simply born of a Knapp hater so desperate to find any nugget of trash to try and discredit the man. Truth is there's nothing to see here.

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Raider View Post
    Yet to be verified by anyone within the organization, so ... . .
    which even if true, it would not be. In house problems stay in house. I saw Carson get the entire offense together on the sideline before the last drive... without knapp. So everything will be speculation.

FLORIDARAYDAH is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Palmer and the coaches have already confirmed that it was Knapp's decision at halftime to go no huddle in the 2nd half. What happens is Knapp calls multiple play options and Palmer picks or audibles the plays accordingly for the defensive formation he sees. This story is simply born of a Knapp hater so desperate to find any nugget of trash to try and discredit the man. Truth is there's nothing to see here.
    Hey you quit stating facts it ruins all their fun.People hear crap like this enough they begin to believe it

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Palmer completely shut out Knapp in the 4th qtr and called his own plays.

Uh oh! lmao!

Hall of Famer
    I would love for this to be true. I would love for it to be so easy that you just have somebody else call the plays and suddenly the offense is a juggernaut. That would be much better than what I think is reality: the players on the field just aren't consistently executing plays.
    Ratbitw and cheapshotartist like this.

Hall of Famer
    [QUOTE=nakolo61;3776574]**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Carson Palmer & Off Cord Knapp not getting along.

Palmer and Knapp not getting along ? Pic below was allegedly taken in the Lockeroom after Sundays game vs Jax !

ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I won't believe it until its in premium.
    UptownXguy3 and Sardonicus like this.

Sardonicus is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ismail86 View Post
    i won't believe it until its in premium.
    lmao!

BlackBlood is offline Banned
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Multiple play options..Meaning Carson picks the play he believes is best for the situation on the field. So in essence, Carson is calling his own plays, because instead of just going with Knapp's strategy Carson can improvise into what he believes is best. Sounds like something that should done more often, as it allows more freedom.

I understand what you're saying though, Carson isn't drawing plays in the sand while Knapp is tied to a chair in the locker-room.
    gil03 and UptownXguy3 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Someone asked Vic Tafur about it and his response was a flat "bogus" to whether it was true or not. Can't copy the exact post since I'm at work. I'll trust that over the anonymous reports until confirmed otherwise.

Plus, as stated above the coaches and players were all on the same page about where the no-huddle came from.

TonyHighRoller is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Will never know the truth.

Hall of Famer
    We know one thing... Knapp...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information