Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pff grades on our free agents

Hall of Famer

Pff grades on our free agents

2014 Free Agents: Oakland Raiders

:............................ ...PFF...............2013.....
    NAME..........AGE...RATING.........SNAPS

Pat Sims.....28.........14.7.............694

Lamarr........27.........11.4.............1049
    Houston

Rashad...... 29...........6.0............... 567
    Jennings

Vance.........27...........4.0................ 791
    Walker

Usama........29...........2.5.................208
    Young

Charles.......37...........1.8 .................109
    Woodson

Tony............34..........-0.5 ................735
    Pashos

Jeron...........26......... -1.7................. 555
    Mastrud

Mike.............29..........-2.6..................931
    Jenkins

Daniel...........30 .........-3.2.......:..........21
    Muir

Jacoby.........27...........-3.3...........:.....283
    Ford

Jared............27.........-5.5............... 335
    Veldheer

Andre...........35......... -8.8............... 284
    Gurode

Darren.........27..........-9.8................ 350
    McFadden

Tracy...........28 ........-12.4...............1016
    Porter

Phillip...........26.......-13.5.................348
    Adams

Khalif..........32.......-17.................... 1068

Jason.........31.......-22.4................633
    Hunter

And whats concerning is we are going to give an average player like veldheer 8mil per year to be average, get beat 2 or 3 times a game
    And a couple penalties per game at crucial drive killing moments.... I really hope reggie doesnt give him elite money.

BoJacksonRules is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Those ratings are crap, Veldheer is an excellent OT and he defintely deserves his pay day.
    pointi and mwdbadguy like this.

Ghost 2 Post is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Who is PFF? Does it stand for Pure F’n F’heads? If our Oline was made up of 5 JV’s, we would dominate everyone. Plus, they rated McFadden way to high. Pure nonsense.
    speedkills, guydon and pointi like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost 2 Post View Post
    Who is PFF? Does it stand for Pure F’n F’heads? If our Oline was made up of 5 JV’s, we would dominate everyone. Plus, they rated McFadden way to high. Pure nonsense.
    i hate those sites,

i dont nee dsome nerd to tell me with some math bs if a guy is a good player
    EORaider and Ghost 2 Post like this.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJacksonRules View Post
    Those ratings are crap, Veldheer is an excellent OT and he defintely deserves his pay day.
    He has played excellent in a few games in his years with the Raiders, but he certainly has never consistently shown anything more than slightly above average in his time in the league.
    He has shown flashes, and he has many "ASSUMING" he is a franchise left tackle, but nobody has seen it with there eyes yet.

He deserves $5 million per year, but in his time in the NFL so far, he certainly hasnt "EARNED" $8 million/per year elite money yet.

Is it smart to give him that contract in hopes that some day he does play elite? NO !!!!!!!!!!
    He's had 4 years in the league, why hasnt he proven to us he's Elite ?

Remember just a few weeks ago, he was beat a few times, and had 2 or 3 penalties that stalled our drives and made us punt.
    Now if he dominated in the time he was on the field in 2013 then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for the previous 3 years, BUT HE DIDNT..........................

And he never has to date.

His a$$ better sign for no more than $5.5 - 6 mil /per year.
    Be_St and KEVIN WYNNE like this.

OWShaddock is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Those ratings seem fair to me.
    JV wasn't great last year. He had a very valid excuse, but let's be honest, he was far from on the top of his game.
    heavyD and KEVIN WYNNE like this.

Hall of Famer
    Didn't I see a list from these guys recently that had Bruce Campbell ranked higher than JV?

Does anyone have a link for most holding penalties for o-linemen? Seems to me JV would be pretty high on that list. He seems to get a couple every game. Maybe just my imagination.

I hate when people start talking about switching a players position, and tell me if I'm wrong here. But doesn't JV seem like a better right tackle? And if Watson can pan out, with his athletcism, doesn't he seem like a better left tackle?
    KEVIN WYNNE likes this.

KEVIN WYNNE is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    He has played excellent in a few games in his years with the Raiders, but he certainly has never consistently shown anything more than slightly above average in his time in the league.
    He has shown flashes, and he has many "ASSUMING" he is a franchise left tackle, but nobody has seen it with there eyes yet.

He deserves $5 million per year, but in his time in the NFL so far, he certainly hasnt "EARNED" $8 million/per year elite money yet.

Is it smart to give him that contract in hopes that some day he does play elite? NO !!!!!!!!!!
    He's had 4 years in the league, why hasnt he proven to us he's Elite ?

Remember just a few weeks ago, he was beat a few times, and had 2 or 3 penalties that stalled our drives and made us punt.
    Now if he dominated in the time he was on the field in 2013 then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for the previous 3 years, BUT HE DIDNT..........................

And he never has to date.

His a$$ better sign for no more than $5.5 - 6 mil /per year.
    Very well said. He is above average but has not earned Pro Bowl LT money yet. If that is what he wants then we can just draft one of the top tow OT's in the draft.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    Didn't I see a list from these guys recently that had Bruce Campbell ranked higher than JV?

Does anyone have a link for most holding penalties for o-linemen? Seems to me JV would be pretty high on that list. He seems to get a couple every game. Maybe just my imagination.

I hate when people start talking about switching a players position, and tell me if I'm wrong here. But doesn't JV seem like a better right tackle? And if Watson can pan out, with his athletcism, doesn't he seem like a better left tackle?
    Damn, JV at RT, he would be an F-ing Roadgrader on the right side, I'd say it would better suit his skillset and his size on body type.
    He would obviously have less penalties and get beat less on the right side, but I dont think there is a chance i hell that Watson would be able to take over LT next year.

But at pick #5 in the draft i think only Mathews, Clowney, and Bridgwater are value in the top 5, and if mathews is the only one of those 3 available Id take him and put him on the left side,
    move veldheer to Right side.

ErMonnezza is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Damn, JV at RT, he would be an F-ing Roadgrader on the right side, I'd say it would better suit his skillset and his size on body type.
    He would obviously have less penalties and get beat less on the right side, but I dont think there is a chance i hell that Watson would be able to take over LT next year.

But at pick #5 in the draft i think only Mathews, Clowney, and Bridgwater are value in the top 5, and if mathews is the only one of those 3 available Id take him and put him on the left side,
    move veldheer to Right side.
    to be fair veldheer was injured early and when he came back he wasn't at his 100%, maybe 60-70% , anyway I feel you are right when you say he could be a better RT than LT, and I think also that watson could be a better LT than RT.

DmacMVP is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    The thing with Veldheer is we know what he is, a very good LT that has a decent chance of reaching that elite level. The Raiders probably aren't going to find a "sure" LT to step in and play as well as he has, just look at Eric Fisher from the Chiefs who has struggled so far. Veldheer was coming off a major injury this season after playing extremely well last season. And if I recall correctly, when he first came back, he almost completely shut out Demarcus Ware on Thanksgiving Day

OWShaddock is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    Campbell didn't play at all this year, so you probably didn't see that.

Hall of Famer
    Charles Woodson 109 snaps? More like 1,109.

While I do give these ratings some credence there are un-statistical things that players bring to the table as well. Work ethic, lockerroom, presence, leadership, coaching on the field just to name a few. These things do not get included in any ratings and probably more important.
    speedkills likes this.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    Campbell didn't play at all this year, so you probably didn't see that.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    Charles Woodson 109 snaps? More like 1,109.

While I do give these ratings some credence there are un-statistical things that players bring to the table as well. Work ethic, lockerroom, presence, leadership, coaching on the field just to name a few. These things do not get included in any ratings and probably more important.
    woodson played 7 snaps a game SURE!!!!!! and Mcfadden ran for 1500 yards
    djh_raider likes this.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information