Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: With the 5 pick in the 1 round raiders select Johnny football

jep2323 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

With the 5 pick in the 1 round raiders select Johnny football

I'm Sold on him after watching all these potential QB's Johnny is better and more electrifying he would bring back the raiders back to being a good team and as far as business would sell tickets

Starter
    Before I believed u build a team with defense first but the way the NFL is going, offense is the way to go. Clowney is good but how many DL,DE have carried a team to a Super Bowl??? U need a QB to start a franchise

Starter
    Look at the texans they one of the best defense and also DPOY in watt and they are drafting first why?? They don't have a franchise QB . Loll at the teams in the playoffs franchise QB's except for the chiefs they have all around great defense

Hall of Famer
    Trent Edwards and Manziel in the same day? Sweet!
    – “We accomplished nothing in any aspect of football". Pete Carroll

-"Do not post **** like that and disrespect me." Terrelle Pryor

Starter
    Trent is just a camp arm I don't get why all raider fans get mad SMH

draftnut22 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    If he is there at #5, it would only be because multiple teams found something terribly wrong with him. There are three teams ahead of us that have a desperate need for QB.

This team is not getting a QB at 5. If there are QB's worthy of a pick that high, they will go before Oakland gets to pick. Gonna have to trade up if you want a QB.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by draftnut22 View Post
    If he is there at #5, it would only be because multiple teams found something terribly wrong with him. There are three teams ahead of us that have a desperate need for QB.

This team is not getting a QB at 5. If there are QB's worthy of a pick that high, they will go before Oakland gets to pick. Gonna have to trade up if you want a QB.
    I'm actually leaning the other way, trade back and get another 2nd or 3rd that you can take possibly Boyd, McCarron, Murray, Mettenberg, or best of all 2 of them. I mean I'm with you I'm not sure any of the top 3 fall to us at 5 unless something is very wrong. I'm ok with Clowney but trading down would give us a chance to give a couple decent prospects a look maybe find a gem. It's just frustrating because we so desperately need a good QB and we just aren't in solid spot to get one unless we reach on someone. Murray might still go in the first if he actually does make it back for his pro days.

Play Hard is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Blog Entries
    I'm with ya on the Boyd or Mettenberger camp. They have cannons for arms. They throw with zip and can make all the throws. Not sold on AJ at all or a qb in the 1st rd either.
    Sledgehammer likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    I'm actually leaning the other way, trade back and get another 2nd or 3rd that you can take possibly Boyd, McCarron, Murray, Mettenberg, or best of all 2 of them. I mean I'm with you I'm not sure any of the top 3 fall to us at 5 unless something is very wrong. I'm ok with Clowney but trading down would give us a chance to give a couple decent prospects a look maybe find a gem. It's just frustrating because we so desperately need a good QB and we just aren't in solid spot to get one unless we reach on someone. Murray might still go in the first if he actually does make it back for his pro days.
    IMO, the ONLY way someone trades up with us is if one of the three are still available at no. 5:

Bridgewater
    Clowney
    Manziel

Unless something really weird happens I wonder if any of those guys will be there after the third pick.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer

Lightbulb als_next_generation predicts Manziel and Clowney slip down. I shocked the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
    IMO, the ONLY way someone trades up with us is if one of the three are still available at no. 5:

Bridgewater
    Clowney
    Manziel

Unless something really weird happens I wonder if any of those guys will be there after the third pick.
    Look up Manziel's family background. I found several good articles, but I couldn't get a link.

I would not be surprised if Johnny football slides well into the 2nd round. He has personal issues. He is a spoiled rotten rich kid with a bad temper. Any team that drafts him will have to deal with his wealthy family and their bizarre demands. You want your team to be a circus? Then draft Manziel in the top 5 of this year's draft!

I am going out on a limb and being the first person on this site to predict that both Manziel AND Clowney will slip past our pick and that we will draft neither of them.

As a Raider HC Dennis Allen gets an * -- he never had an NFL caliber roster to coach. Sparano is the next designated loser HC. Although Sparano > NFL worst ever HC Tom Cable FWIW.

Everything I post is my opinion.

Pro Bowler

edgur1995 is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Biggest mistake would Be drafting Manziel.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by als_next_generation View Post
    Look up Manziel's family background. I found several good articles, but I couldn't get a link.

I would not be surprised if Johnny football slides well into the 2nd round. He has personal issues. He is a spoiled rotten rich kid with a bad temper. Any team that drafts him will have to deal with his wealthy family and their bizarre demands. You want your team to be a circus? Then draft Manziel in the top 5 of this year's draft!

I am going out on a limb and being the first person on this site to predict that both Manziel AND Clowney will slip past our pick and that we will draft neither of them.

Bring in the elephants and the bearded lady, I just care about how he moves the chains.

dcraider34 is online now Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Bridgewater
    Clowney
    Manziel

You can add Matthews to that list.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Bring in the elephants and the bearded lady, I just care about how he moves the chains.
    I also think people over look Manziel's passion on the field and on the side line. Kid has been making his team mates and himself accountable for what they do or don't do on the field. He has been maturing since the first game where he was flagged for taunting Rice players. I think people comparing him to Tebow or Pryor is only really looking at the offensive style he comes from. Manziel doesn't shot put the ball like Tebow and has a way quicker release than of Pryor. Johnny has a pretty decent arm. It isn't a cannon but he can make all the throws. He might not be the most accurate QB but his percentage is pretty damn good and could have been better if his WRs didn't drop so many passes. Aggies' offense is more than a one read option to run offense.

Also, he calls a lot of his own plays... and even without a wrist band with plays written on them. He doesn't really even look to the side line for plays, he calls them as he sees fit. Yes, the kid does come with baggage, but he isn't the only player in the NFL that came with them. I will be happy to see him in a Raiders uniform. We haven't had a real leader in the QB position since Gannon and kid has the potential to be that guy.

As for Clowney why aren't people saying the same type of red flag on him? His off the field and ON THE FILED issues are bigger than of Manziel. Kid takes PLAYS OFF. That's a bigger concern to me than Manziel signing some autographs. Clowney is an amazing athlete.. probably the best one since Julius Peppers.. but Julius never had issues with taking plays off and telling coaches he doesn't feel up to playing a game.

Personally, I rather have Barr. If we are going to stick to playing multiple fronts, i think he will be a more versatile DE/OLB.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information