Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Players Say Allen Will Be Back

Hall of Famer

Players Say Allen Will Be Back

Allen proceeding as coach for 2014 Raiders - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Allen proceeding as coach for 2014 Raiders

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
    Monday, December 30th, 2013 at 12:32 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Dennis Allen met with players as a group and individually Monday and was conducting himself as a man who would be the head coach in 2014.

Six coaches had been fired while Allen was talking with players _ Gary Kubiak (Texans), Greg Schiano (Buccaneers), Leslie Frazier (Vikings), Jim Schwartz (Lions), Mike Shanahan (Redskins) and Rob Chudzinski (Browns).

Allen is 8-24 in two seasons with the Raiders. Owner Mark Davis was scheduled to meet with general manager Reggie McKenzie, then at some point brief Allen and the staff on how the club will proceed.

Running back Rashad Jennings said his meeting with Allen reviewed his performance over the season with a message of how the organization would go forward.

“I expect him to be here,’’ running back Rashad Jennings said. “Those are decisions that are not in our hands, but he’s definitey the guy for the job.

Left tackle Jared Veldheer, asked if Allen said he would be back, said, “Yes.’’

Long-snapper Jon Condo

I met with him individually and we met with him as a team and he said, `Hey, I’m going to be here,’’ Condo said. “Hue Jackson once said he was going to be here a lot longer than people in this room and he got canned a week after that.’’

Allen is schedule meet with the media at 1 p.m. for his season-ending press conference.
    Hahaha, Condo.
    – “We accomplished nothing in any aspect of football". Pete Carroll

-"Do not post **** like that and disrespect me." Terrelle Pryor

Chairman of the Board
    Pure Speculation! Until it's official nothing is 100% accurate.

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    With the way the other teams proceeded in announcing their firings, it would seem that Allen is here for another year.

I'm sorry Virginia, but there is no Santa Clause.

The only consolation to all this is with what, 6 head coaches being fired, we might be scrambling to find a guy worthy of starting all over with. OTOH, it's McKenzie's job to sell head coaches on just why the Oakland Raiders are the best place for them to be. Not that that's an easy job, but the GM's job isn't supposed to be a cake walk.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    Pure Speculation! Until it's official nothing is 100% accurate.
    Official? Dennis Allen is still here. Don't expect a presser from Reggie McKenzie saying he has not fired Dennis Allen.

Dennis Allen will be the HC of the Raiders in 2014. This was known before the Broncos game and was never going to change.
    KEVIN WYNNE likes this.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

Hall of Famer
    Players probably did alot of ass kissing this year and want to see a return on their investment.
    POKE, Moriarty and Mytruckhercar like this.

Chairman of the Board
    On the bright side only 365 days until Allen is fired.....
    guydon, NWTF, ottomatic1 and 3 others like this.
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......
    “We’re not very good … We suck. I am embarrassed.” Charles Woodson....
    Counting the days until this regime is gone....

Hall of Famer
    well in keeping with the whole "Screw Ourselves" motto why wouldn't we keep him around for a meaningless coming year lol.
    "I drink hot cocoa outta Mean Mugs"

Hall of Famer
    Well the players performance on the field yesterday said they can give 2 Shytes whether or not DA comes back, there was practically zero effort most of the game.
    guydon likes this.
    "I drink hot cocoa outta Mean Mugs"

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordAlDavis View Post
    On the bright side only 365 days until Allen is fired.....
    Or 730 until his contract is up and the Raiders have to re-sign him (if they do not extend him after the 2014 season).
    heavyD and KEVIN WYNNE like this.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Starter
    I don't want Allen back. I felt a shot at continuity was earned by both Cable and Jackson but there hasn't been tangible progress at all under Allen.
    POKE and Rich72 like this.

Hall of Famer
    I met with him individually and we met with him as a team and he said, `Hey, I’m going to be here,’’ Condo said. “Hue Jackson once said he was going to be here a lot longer than people in this room and he got canned a week after that.’’
    LOL Condo taking a shot at Hue. Just goes to show the difference between Allen and Hue in how they dealt with players. You don't tell the locker room that you will be around longer than the players and expect to gain their respect.

Hall of Famer
    I was one of the biggest posters for DA being let go. I think he is a dreadful HC... but, there are some merits for keeping him. Cle fans and media are freaking out about chud being let go. If the Raiders had fired DA, it would be all about that. Secondly, I really want to see if I'm wrong on this. I had a gut feeling that DA is a loser since he was hired... I have been proven right thus far. I hope I'm wrong and he is the best coach we have ever had, though even if he wins he has the personality of a wet sock. I hope he learns and becomes a great HC for us... some one whom other teams fear facing like Belichick, Payton, Carroll because he knows your team better that you know them.... Yeah... DA is THAT guy ....jeez

Many of us here know he is not the guy to lead this football team. No matter how much talent he will have this coming year he will under achieve. The people who don't want to be wrong will say Reggie didn't bring in the right players when we are 5-11 next season. Within the first 3 weeks of next season we will know what a big mistake it was to bring him back. We have been hot garbage for over a decade, so I guess one more season won't matter.

I really want to just blindly throw my support at him but I can't... I KNOW he is not a good head coach. He has NONE of the qualities of a good HC. At his season ending presser he didn't even mention Raider Nation selling out our crappy stadium every game for a garbage 4-12 team. Nothing about the fans... what an a$$. I will wrestle with this support for the sake of support thing all off-season I'm sure. This fool is about to have more cap room than ANY coach in NFL history...gakkkk this is going to be a disaster.

In a week or two I will try to be more positive, but in my heart I know this is a big mistake.
    Rich72 likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by guydon View Post
    I was one of the biggest posters for DA being let go. I think he is a dreadful HC... but, there are some merits for keeping him. Cle fans and media are freaking out about chud being let go. If the Raiders had fired DA, it would be all about that. Secondly, I really want to see if I'm wrong on this. I had a gut feeling that DA is a loser since he was hired... I have been proven right thus far. I hope I'm wrong and he is the best coach we have ever had, though even if he wins he has the personality of a wet sock. I hope he learns and becomes a great HC for us... some one whom other teams fear facing like Belichick, Payton, Carroll because he knows your team better that you know them.... Yeah... DA is THAT guy ....jeez

Many of us here know he is not the guy to lead this football team. No matter how much talent he will have this coming year he will under achieve. The people who don't want to be wrong will say Reggie didn't bring in the right players when we are 5-11 next season. Within the first 3 weeks of next season we will know what a big mistake it was to bring him back. We have been hot garbage for over a decade, so I guess one more season won't matter.

I really want to just blindly throw my support at him but I can't... I KNOW he is not a good head coach. He has NONE of the qualities of a good HC. At his season ending presser he didn't even mention Raider Nation selling out our crappy stadium every game for a garbage 4-12 team. Nothing about the fans... what an a$$. I will wrestle with this support for the sake of support thing all off-season I'm sure. This fool is about to have more cap room than ANY coach in NFL history...gakkkk this is going to be a disaster.

In a week or two I will try to be more positive, but in my heart I know this is a big mistake.
    I look at it like this, the team stinks with or without Allen so if we get the talent this offseason and Allen struggles they fire him. However you have a team that has talent so coaching prospects like Bill O'Brien who want to be an NFL head coach will consider Oakland. I'm of the mindset we will never land a Cowher or Gruden because we are a small market team with an owner who doesn't have a ton of cash. So if we want to land a good up and coming coach we need to have pieces in place because they won't go to a place where they'd be destined to fail. Maybe Allen turns it around or maybe he doesn't but next year is key to the long term future of the raiders. Another big factor is if RM does contracts correctly we can be in great cap shape for several years so after next season the job becomes a lot more attractive in case we need a new GM too.

mexicanraider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Many of us here know he is not the guy to lead this football team. No matter how much talent he will have this coming year he will under achieve. The people who don't want to be wrong willsay Reggie didn't bring in the right players when we are 5-11 next season. Within the first 3 weeks of next season we will know what a big mistake it was to bring him back. We have been hot garbage for over a decade, so I guess one more season won't matter.

Post of the year. Couldn't agree more.

Commit2Excel is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

I agree with you. Allen reeks of mediocrity. He displays no qualities that would cause you to believe he is a great leader....no passion, no innovation, no motivating qualities. I love the folks that want continuity as if that is somehow a guarantee of future success. News Flash: Continuity only works when you have the right leadership in place. It can be a continuation of success or failure. In the case of DA, I believe it is the latter....and if he stays, I hope that I am proven very wrong!!
    guydon likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information