Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Jimi18
  • 2 Post By sa_dick_steele
  • 1 Post By MadBomber24
  • 1 Post By DARK ANGEL
  • 1 Post By briz

Thread: 2013 really don't matter at this point... record wise... or does it?

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board

2013 really don't matter at this point... record wise... or does it?

even if we win out, we will still be in the basement of the AFC west at 6-10

I really hate the games we seem to be able to crawl back into, then 5 mins later we are down by 17 again.

last Sunday was like reliving Superbowl 37 ... looks like we may get close to a tie score, then pick six and down by 14 again, with little or no time to mount a comeback

I watch each and every week with anticipation of a good game, and hopefully a win,
    as i will the next two weeks, but the losses shouldn't hurt so bad knowing we are already in the tank, unless we get totally embarrassed then that just down right sucks.

So.. guess If Chargers win, they can feel happy cause they will not make much noise "IF" they make it to the playoffs,
    Denver is darn near the AFC SB contender but all we can hope for is a NFC team winning... WHY?? because Raiders don't need anyone tied with 3 SB rings in the AFC west!

K.C. would be a good little story but... nah! lol

Up until Monday I was thinking about keeping Dennis Allen for the 2014 season, and seeing what he can do with some depth at quality players, but after watching his Monday PC, he is nervous as hell, (he adjusted the 2 papers on his right side 6 times) and seems to have lost the team, or already caught wind of his job being on the line.

Not really liking switching things up, but..... maybe.... it is best to do in now, since 45% or more of this team will be gone next year most likely
    and a new HC would fit in better when they can pick the right guys, not DA pick them for our new HC in a year or 2.

anyways...

haven't been on much due to work, and helping my daughter out, she just had a baby girl last week, so I am now a Grandpa, so my time has been limited
    But I wanted to throw in my 2 cents and hope we can have a good ending to this season, or a fresh start to a 2014 offseason/season

GO RAIDERS!!
    Rainman56 and Metallica0688 like this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

sa_dick_steele is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Congrats Grandpa Jimi! I bet it suits you well!

I'm on the fence with DA myself. I can see reasons for him to stay, but I can also see reasons to make a change. I'm just gonna let the next two games play out and see what happens. Gut check time for the coaches and players!
    MadBomber24 and Metallica0688 like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Congrats Grampa Jimi (that should be your new screen name)

I still want DA back. I get what you are saying about a new coach coming in now to use the resources we finally have but I still think DA has done a good job with little talent and that the team has largely played better than their talent says they should have. We have let quite a few games slip away from us but all of them have been from player errors and not bad coaching decisions IMO.

I just cannot get on board with firing a coach who has not had a full team to work with yet. One who has been handcuffed by a horrible cap situation and very little talent to work with. I think its wrong to hire a guy for two years while you tear down the team and give him no chance at all of winning and then fire him because he couldnt make the pile of sht you handed him look better than a pile of sht.

I dont care if a coach can put pretty flowers on the pile of sht and make it seem better, I want to see what he can do with a real team to work with. Only then can I see evaluating DA.

Hall of Famer
    I'm not really convinced of DA either but I believe he deserves a chance to coach some players that aren't bargain basement scrubs. His first year he had to contend with all the overpaid idiots and scrubs, his second is just filled with 3rd stringers and scrubs. This upcoming year would be his first year he actually gets to have some talented players come in and possibly win

My biggest problem with him is that he doesn't seem to know how to use his personnel or bring out of the best in who he has. Now if he gets some talented vets and young guys in here and still can't seem to win, we'll know the deficiency isn't about the talent.

We know Denver is the fav to win the AFC Champ game but I think if a defense plays Manning like SD and Indy did and the offense keeps him off the field, it's a done deal. That Denver defense is weak, they give up a lot of yards and points. If they end up making it to the SB and they face Seattle, who I think is gonna be the fav to win, they're done. Seattle has the offense to keep Manning off the field and the defense to keep up with their WRs

KC is getting better but for some reason I just don't see them making it past the 1st round in the playoffs

SD, I don't see making it to the playoffs. Too many things have to go their way and they aren't in the driver's seat

Harmer <Canada> is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Maybe im wrong but somehow I feel that Dennis Allen wasnt hired to be coach long term unless he showed something in the first 2 years. When Reggie was hired I am sure his plan was to gut this team to the raw components then rebuild using the core as a building blocks. With this in mind he set out to hire a coach who could change the mental struggles this team was deeply rooted with.

Knowing that this team is going to struggle due to lack of talent there was no way he could hire an experienced coach. No way a coach would come here during this transition. So hiring DA made sense. Now if DA was able to perform extraordinary under these circumstances then he would be good selection but if he performed underwhelming he could be let go without recourse. I firmly believe DA has not done enough to retain his coaching status. By that I mean another coach coming in here would not hurt the remaining players because of the turnover. You keep consistency if you have a large number of players returning. In our case how many players returning will be with us for over 2 years.

DARK ANGEL is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Just win baby. I'm tired of being the team with the worst 'winning' percentage
    MadBomber24 likes this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    not really convinced of DA either but I believe he deserves a chance to coach some players that aren't bargain basement scrubs. His first year he had to contend with all the overpaid idiots and scrubs, his second is just filled with 3rd stringers and scrubs. This upcoming year would be his first year he actually gets to have some talented players come in and possibly win

My biggest problem with him is that he doesn't seem to know how to use his personnel or bring out of the best in who he has. Now if he gets some talented vets and young guys in here and still can't seem to win, we'll know the deficiency isn't about the talent.

We know Denver is the fav to win the AFC Champ game but I think if a defense plays Manning like SD and Indy did and the offense keeps him off the field, it's a done deal. That Denver defense is weak, they give up a lot of yards and points. If they end up making it to the SB and they face Seattle, who I think is gonna be the fav to win, they're done. Seattle has the offense to keep Manning off the field and the defense to keep up with their WRs

KC is getting better but for some reason I just don't see them making it past the 1st round in the playoffs

SD, I don't see making it to the playoffs. Too many things have to go their way and they aren't in the driver's seat
    Good post
    I'm not sure... Honestly I feel he deserves the chance, but I also think the same he may had been brought in the be the goat since an unattractive team / salary cap hit would cost more for a really good coach like your cowhers
    Mooch, and grudens
    Now they can be more affordable to a somewhat attractive situation
    Guess we see how next two weeks go ?

Seattle and Denver seem to be the SB
    But who knows?

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Congrats on the grandchild Jimi .

I was thinking the samething on maybe Dennis is a scapegoat all along for him . But just too much opportunity for him to pass up not to take the job for the experience factor alone sorta worth it in the end . IMO if I'm DA not many people get to say they are a NFL head coach and the bump in pay sets up his family for the rest of their life .

Hall of Famer
    Congrats Gramps.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman56 View Post
    Congrats Gramps.

Thanks...
    and thanks to all u who congratulated me on the granddaughter
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Bright side.....

Looks like we will play Jags in Jacksonville 2014

Party at my crib!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    Bright side.....

Party at my crib!
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but the Raiders won't be in Jacksonville next year. Jags finished 3rd in the South so the Raiders get Houston at home.

We can all stop by anyway!!

Pryor’s season ending way it began - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

– The Raiders now know all 13 of their opponents for next season.
    Their eight home games are: Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins (in England), Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals and 49ers.
    Their eight away games are: Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams, New York Jets and New England Patriots.
    Chewy316 likes this.

Chewy316 is online now Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    Bright side.....

Party at my crib!
    No Jimi, we play the AFC South (Which has Jacksonville in it) except, as we are 4th in the west, we will be playing the Texans. The AFC south game is going to be played in Oakland as well.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Damn
    I forgot Houston sucks

Damn

Oh well
    Guess I go to London