Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: DA on Job Status

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by POKE View Post
    Losing for a better draft pick don't mean sh-t. Look at Reggie's draft record so far. Ain't that impressive at all.
    To be fair, I give QB, DT and CB time to grow into the NFL.

Those transitions are tough. Joe Haden sucked his rookie year.
    Chewy316 likes this.
    --------------------------------

"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip outĒ

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Towner13 View Post

You have it wrong Towner. Everybody but the raiders turn all their draft picks into pro bowlers immediately. Just look at the Niners when they drafted Lupati and Davis......they were immediate pro bolwers.........oops, wait. No they were "busts" their first 2 years and THEN turned into Pro Bowlers..most niner fans wanted them both cut early.....lol ;)
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Towner13 View Post

Having said all that Reggie's picks so far still have way more questionable than productive. We can't afford to waste no picks at all with the sorry talent we have. For example last year Reggie just threw away the 4th round pick (Wilson) pick. We can't do that. That Matt Flynn trade for picks. We can't do that. Reggie was suppose to a good evaluator of talent. Besides Rivera and Moore...Reggie's picks have stunk!
    Ro_34 likes this.

POKE IN RICHMOND

HBD
    Hall of Famer
    I'm big supporter of Continuity ...
    BUT if you are going to flush more then half your roster for the 3rd year in row ....
    AND your HC looks lost on the sideline as his game management defies logic, I could see him gone before seasons end.

The Only thing that might be keeping him here is a handshake promise he got from Mark Davis when Reggie laid out his 4 year plan to turn around the organization.
    Ro_34, POKE and Dark Gable like this.
    ################################################## ####################################

• Get yer bets in Early boys ... the Odds will never again, be this high.

Hall of Famer
    DA will stay, next year is do or die. We need some consistancy at HC.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by XRamfan View Post
    Wasn't there a thread before the season started where most of us predicted the raiders getting a top 3 pick in next years draft? Most here were only hoping we might be competitive in some games? But now all of a sudden we want DA fired.....even though every one of us knew this was going to be a horrid year......OK....got it
    So did Jax but tell me this...who seems to be on an upswing at the end of the season? You finish strong no matter the talent or record! If the players pack it in 4 weeks before the end of the season then that is on the coach.
    Ro_34 and Moriarty like this.

Hall of Famer
    Everybody but the raiders turn all their draft picks into pro bowlers immediately.
    This is an exaggeration. It's more like:

Teams that win draft some or many impact players.
    Teams that lose draft few or no impact players.
    Teams that are historically bad draft players that either shouldn't be on or can't get on the field with other starting NFL players.

I think anyone that's being honest with themselves can see we're hovering around that third one right now. Hope it changes, either with better picks or players developing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    So did Jax but tell me this...who seems to be on an upswing at the end of the season? You finish strong no matter the talent or record! If the players pack it in 4 weeks before the end of the season then that is on the coach.
    Where is this "packing it in" coming from? Personal perception or from the players themselves? If it is personal perception maybe you should see what it really looks like when players quit, check out Washington, Houston and Atlanta. Those teams were expected to make it to at least the playoffs, even the Super Bowl.

If you are talking about CWood's comments he was saying that with these young guys they think about home, it's inexperience. It's up to him as the veteran leader to get them pointed in the right direction. If they did in fact quit, which I'm not completely sold on, don't put it all on the coaches, players deserve just as much criticism.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    Where is this "packing it in" coming from? Personal perception or from the players themselves? If it is personal perception maybe you should see what it really looks like when players quit, check out Washington, Houston and Atlanta. Those teams were expected to make it to at least the playoffs, even the Super Bowl.

If you are talking about CWood's comments he was saying that with these young guys they think about home, it's inexperience. It's up to him as the veteran leader to get them pointed in the right direction. If they did in fact quit, which I'm not completely sold on, don't put it all on the coaches, players deserve just as much criticism.
    I just think the titans game took away the mo on D. I look at them more as broken than quitting. It will be up to Tarver and DA to get them back in their groove before the season ends. They let us down against tenn after keeping us in tough games for most of the season the O came through when it counted and the D got picked apart. We hold on that final drive and you see a different look to that unit. Lets hope we see more assertive play to finish the year.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosttothepost View Post
    I just think the titans game took away the mo on D. I look at them more as broken than quitting. It will be up to Tarver and DA to get them back in their groove before the season ends. They let us down against tenn after keeping us in tough games for most of the season the O came through when it counted and the D got picked apart. We hold on that final drive and you see a different look to that unit. Lets hope we see more assertive play to finish the year.
    Being broken makes more sense than quitting. Quitting implies that they just don't care, I disagree with that wholeheartedly.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    Our resident complainer (I won't say his name but chances are he'll chime in again soon) started saying the defense quit and called them 'pussies'.

THAT'S where it started.
    A person over there, impersonating a former Rf.net poster who might have been Terrell Pryor, is lobbying hard for Sparano to become HC and change the offense into a 'wildcat' presumably with Pryor back as a Raider QB. If Pryor wants Sparano - then Sparano should be fired!!!

Everything I post is my opinion.

Hall of Famer
    Wasn't there a thread before the season started where most of us predicted the raiders getting a top 3 pick in next years draft? Most here were only hoping we might be competitive in some games? But now all of a sudden we want DA fired.....even though every one of us knew this was going to be a horrid year......OK....got it
    Speaking for myself, I am not a big fan of giving DA the boot. However, I would not be surprised if the powers above him think otherwise. Yes, I am with most people who saw 3-5 wins... but I also thought it was possible to get even one or two more after seeing that the defense played better than I anticipated. I can only hope the guys can get back to playing hard and that players heal.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hector234 View Post
    DA will stay, next year is do or die. We need some consistancy at HC.

I agree...I think he will be back, and maybe DA and Reggie deserve the 3rd year with some financial freedom.

I just hope DA stops using the term "compete'. Im just tired of hearing it, and I actually like DA.

we only got blown out twice all season, so that means for the other 11 games, we did just that and "competed". But what does that get you? NOTHING...it got us 4 wins, 2 of which were against the 2 worst teams in the league, and the other 2 wins were against teams under .500 who are going nowhere.

How about he substitutes the term "win" for "compete". Because we "competed", against Indy, NYG, NYJ, KC, TENN, etc so basically we accomplished the goal?

The goal should not be to compete, it should be to WIN and to kick the other teams ass. Maybe with him constantly saying compete compete compete, the players feel that as long as they hang around, then they listened to the coach.

I know Im going off here, but Im just sick of losing, like all of you...im just sick of it.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by als_next_generation View Post
    Our resident complainer (I won't say his name but chances are he'll chime in again soon) started saying the defense quit and called them 'pussies'.

THAT'S where it started.
    Either you are referring to me or Charles Woodson. We both said they quit. Oh, I guess you are talking about me, I called them pussies, Woodson said they pissed themselves. Guess you know better though.

Hall of Famer
    Woodson still good at telling the truth - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

On what he wants out of the last three games: I want to win. At this point itís about winning. I donít care about how it looks or what the record is. Winning is winning to me and Iíd love to win the next three games.

On if heís surprised at the quality of defense being played at this point of the season: I was very surprised at today. I think weíre better than what we displayed out there today. But what we did today is what it is. I really canít explain why it just went as bad as it did today. One of those games you donít really have an answer for. Hey man, weíve got to take it on the chin _ again _ like we have a few other games. All we can do now is move forward and make sure we end on a positive note.

The secret of making sure the team doesnít finish poorly: Ainít no secrets. Itís all focus and working hard, which is what you need when youíve got a winning record. Youíve just got to focus in on your responsibilities and what youíre supposed to do. Thereís really no guard against guys thinking about the offseason and getting home and that sort of thing, but once you step on the field, youíve got to do your job, bottom line.

There you go, it's all about focus. Losing focus is not quitting on your team. Twist what he says all you want, but these are his words. He as a veteran leader should be in these guys' ear about changing their focus and attacking KC. Here's more!

Charles Woodson: Raiders are only

ďI see a team scratching the surface, man,Ē Woodson said. ďYour record is what it is, but Iím standing there and I think our record would be much better than it is. We have some very talented players. We have super coaches. We just havenít put it all together.Ē

This is from Nov. 1st, but he even said there that they just haven't put it all together. There are 11 different starters on their defense with one being from last years team, well 2 if you count Ross, but he wasn't even supposed to start this year. I think that they are talented on D but have holes to fill, especially at DE opposite Houston and awaiting the return of Branch, not to mention better depth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information