Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Eric Decker Free Agent next year?

  1. #1
    Jiu Jitsu Jon's Avatar
    Jiu Jitsu Jon is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,329

    Eric Decker Free Agent next year?

    Would love to see the guy in Silver & Black if we could afford him. I think there's just too many needs to be addressed next year, though.

  2. #2
    VEfreak's Avatar
    VEfreak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,362
    Could be possible, the Broncos are going to have some cap troubles next year, and I'm sure Thomas is priority number 1 for them.

  3. #3
    KrimzonR8R is online now
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,557
    It's a possibility but I think we need to address the QB situation first. Can't attract a great WR with the ones we have now. We're gonna need a legit QB for any offensive Tier 1 FAs to take us seriously

    Pryor is too raw, McG is at this point a question mark and a draft choice is gonna need time to adjust to the speed of the NFL. If we grab Freeman from the Vikes or Schaub becomes a FA it might work
    Naphtali likes this.

  4. #4
    SherwinRazmy's Avatar
    SherwinRazmy is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,895
    Blog Entries
    1
    ^^Good call on the QB assessment but right now we need to address our offensive and defensive line situation. If I were the GM of the Raiders, I would draft my first 2nd and 3rd on O and D linemen and only draft skill position players as needed.
    nor_cal_raider7 and jgrilldss like this.

  5. #5
    Jungemann07's Avatar
    Jungemann07 is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    988
    Blog Entries
    1
    In free agency, I don't think it is as much about winning as it is about pay day. It's about the team who can fork out the biggest contract. Good young players tend to care more about the one big contract that they can demand while they are young to set them up for life. Winning (while it is important) is more of a priority down the road when they are older and do not demand such a high contract. Look at Mike Wallace to Miami....
    "Iím going to make sure wherever I go and whoever Iím with, Iím going to outwork them.Ē -- Sio Moore

  6. #6
    N.O.RaiDaNation's Avatar
    N.O.RaiDaNation is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,225
    His value will be extremely inflated after playing with one of the best QBs of all time for the past two years. Its easy to be a WR with Manning. I don't think he's good enough to be a #1 WR on a team with an average QB and he's going to want #1WR money.

    "Just win, baby."

  7. #7
    KrimzonR8R is online now
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungemann07 View Post
    In free agency, I don't think it is as much about winning as it is about pay day. It's about the team who can fork out the biggest contract. Good young players tend to care more about the one big contract that they can demand while they are young to set them up for life. Winning (while it is important) is more of a priority down the road when they are older and do not demand such a high contract. Look at Mike Wallace to Miami....
    Yeah but if you're talking about someone like Eric Decker who is playing with a first ballot HOFer and expecting to win, he may want both and could get it if he wanted. He may take a cheaper payday for a chance to win a SB. Look at most of the FAs the Donkeys have, most of them could've signed for more somewhere else but took less to play with Manning

  8. #8
    regret's Avatar
    regret is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,506
    I would be a little wary of signing any receiver that looks good with Manning. While I'm sure they are decent (or Peyton would bench them himself), they really ought to be paying him royalties out of their next contract because he makes everyone around him look better than they are.
    kennyrat923, NEO and foodisgood70 like this.

  9. #9
    Jungemann07's Avatar
    Jungemann07 is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    988
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.RaiDaNation View Post
    His value will be extremely inflated after playing with one of the best QBs of all time for the past two years. Its easy to be a WR with Manning. I don't think he's good enough to be a #1 WR on a team with an average QB and he's going to want #1WR money.
    If you remember, Decker was solid with Tebow. He possesses all of the tools to be a solid no. 1 receiver for many years, with decent/good QB play.
    "Iím going to make sure wherever I go and whoever Iím with, Iím going to outwork them.Ē -- Sio Moore

  10. #10
    Jungemann07's Avatar
    Jungemann07 is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    988
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    Yeah but if you're talking about someone like Eric Decker who is playing with a first ballot HOFer and expecting to win, he may want both and could get it if he wanted. He may take a cheaper payday for a chance to win a SB. Look at most of the FAs the Donkeys have, most of them could've signed for more somewhere else but took less to play with Manning
    If that's the case, one would think he would take less to stay in Denver. None of the really "good" teams have all that much cap room. Also, making their own legacy is about branching away from the nest and doing your own thing. I would think that Legacy and money would way far more then staying to win. He's young and has a lot of time to do so.
    "Iím going to make sure wherever I go and whoever Iím with, Iím going to outwork them.Ē -- Sio Moore

  11. #11
    guydon's Avatar
    guydon is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Olympia, WA from Sactown, CA
    Posts
    7,612
    I would love to have him, we have SO many needs, but WR is one soooo, why not? I hope some miracle happens like what happened with Manning to the Broncos... and Brees falls in to our lap

    IMO our needs are ...

    1. Franchise QB (please, oh please, oh please in the name of all that is good, please let us find a REAL franchise QB)
    2. Oline depth (assuming the line gets healthy at some point, I think we have some solid pieces they just need good competition and time playing together)
    3.Dline (Need a monster end, I like Houston, not sure he is striking fear in hearts quite yet, not sure who DT's or other end will even be next year)
    4. DB's (Will Jenkins, Porter, Woodson even be with us next year? )
    5. WR's ( lots of potential, no real standouts. They drop WAY too many passes, in fact the majority of passes)


    Good news... I like/love our LBer core for the first time in years.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

  12. #12
    regret's Avatar
    regret is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,506
    Quote Originally Posted by guydon View Post
    I would love to have him, we have SO many needs, but WR is one soooo, why not? I hope some miracle happens like what happened with Manning to the Broncos... and Brees falls in to our lap
    McGloin spending a couple years behind Brees.... talk about a dream scenario.

    But seriously, I do think we need a legit receiver to push some of these guys. Ford is a lost cause but Moore, Holmes and whoever else we've got next year really need to step their game up. I understand some of their struggles is the fact our starting quarterback was god awful at executing plays as they were drawn up but next year is go time. No more excuses, run the routes and catch the ball or gtfo.

  13. #13
    BEEFLVDNIPPLES's Avatar
    BEEFLVDNIPPLES is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    936
    I would take him, as well. Denver's receivers were good before Manning arrived. I would also take James Jones from GB. He's been behind some good receivers there, and will get his chance to be a #1 with us, while our current #2 and #3's try to continue to develop.

  14. #14
    SLVR&BLK's Avatar
    SLVR&BLK is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,856
    He has a good all around game, he has size, is tough, even makes a big play down the field sometimes.
    Id like him, he will probably get some good offers though, he's the perfect age to hit free agency at 26, his prime years should be coming up.

  15. #15
    VEfreak's Avatar
    VEfreak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,362
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    It's a possibility but I think we need to address the QB situation first. Can't attract a great WR with the ones we have now. We're gonna need a legit QB for any offensive Tier 1 FAs to take us seriously

    Pryor is too raw, McG is at this point a question mark and a draft choice is gonna need time to adjust to the speed of the NFL. If we grab Freeman from the Vikes or Schaub becomes a FA it might work
    What? Team with crappy QB's sign really good wide receivers. The Dolphins signed Mike Wallace in the offseason, and their QB situation stinks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •