• 2 Post By LaRaider2010
  • 6 Post By LINQ
  • 1 Post By fatjack
  • 1 Post By Raidermofojeff

Thread: Moon's Take on Flynn

Pro Bowler

Moon's Take on Flynn

Didn't see this posted yet. Interesting

http://justblogbaby.com/2013/08/26/warren-moon-criticizes-matt-flynns-work-ethic-on-bay-area-radio/

Hall of Famer
    When a guy like Moon who has played the race card more than once criticizes a QB such as Flynn when he's in competition with a black quarterback I kind of have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

xTHESEUSx is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    This is pretty well known around the league. When we traded for Flynn there were numerous stories about how Russell Wilson not only outplayed Flynn, but more importantly he outworked him. The truth is McKenzie never wanted Flynn in the first place, he would have rather kept Palmer. However Palmer did not want to be here and rather than drag Palmer through the mud about how he quit on another team Reggie helped him save face by telling the media he did not want to take a pay cut so they both decided a move is what was best for the organization. Reggie also did not want to just hand Pryor the keys, he wanted him to work hard and show improvement before deciding to go with him. People in the know, know that Reggie was impressed by Pryor since arriving in Oakland, he just wanted him to get better in his weak areas. Bringing in Flynn and naming him the "Number 1 QB" was the great motivational tool he though it would be to fast track Pryor's development.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by xTHESEUSx View Post
    This is pretty well known around the league. When we traded for Flynn there were numerous stories about how Russell Wilson not only outplayed Flynn, but more importantly he outworked him. The truth is McKenzie never wanted Flynn in the first place, he would have rather kept Palmer. However Palmer did not want to be here and rather than drag Palmer through the mud about how he quit on another team Reggie helped him save face by telling the media he did not want to take a pay cut so they both decided a move is what was best for the organization. Reggie also did not want to just hand Pryor the keys, he wanted him to work hard and show improvement before deciding to go with him. People in the know, know that Reggie was impressed by Pryor since arriving in Oakland, he just wanted him to get better in his weak areas. Bringing in Flynn and naming him the "Number 1 QB" was the great motivational tool he though it would be to fast track Pryor's development.
    If this was Reggies plan all along and he really believed that TP could take a step up this year well I will be most impressed. I mean that would be pure genius. To use Flynn and follow the map that Seattle laid down already. To boost TPs confidence and guide him to believe that he either outworked Flynn earning the starting position out right or that Flynn is just "tired" and so now TP can go into the season and just play ball without the added pressure of starting the off season as a presumed starter.
    AyYoBrah likes this.

rhumbob is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    That scenario seems pretty far fetched. My guess is that RM took a flyer on a guy who could maybe do the job in Flynn, and had another guy who could maybe do the job in Pryor. He was hoping that one could step up and get us through this year.

I certainly didn't see Pryor being this good. The floaters he was throwing in the SD game last year were not impressive. He must have really busted his a$$ in the offseason as the improvement is striking. It is a good story...the kid who nobody thought could do it perseveres and proves the naysayers wrong (at least that is the hoped for ending)>

It could end up that all our QBs suck.

Hall of Famer
    With the amount of dedication that Pryor seems to show, I doubt that he needs any more motivation other than what he feeds himself.
    NEO and bleed4raiders like this.

AnDroiDRaider64 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Hey I want Pryor to start, but people need to take it easy on Flynn, the offensive line is awful, the talent around him is awful, he is getting crushed back there but he doesn't complain. I mean the guy seems laid back but people are going overboard on the guy.

Hall of Famer
    None of us fans know if this opinion is biased or not but all I know is there is plenty of time to be laid back after the short NFL career is over.
    If people dont understand the urgency and the dedication it takes to be good and to deserve the amount of money they are getting then they deserve everything they get.
    F**k em. after sitting behind Rogers for years and then after getting beat out last year He better be putting in overtime to reach his potential and beat out anyone that should be less developed at this point than him. He deserves whatever he gets, its all on him. Im not impressed from a leadership standpoint or on field performance at this point in preseason.
    Dark Gable and Rainman56 like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by AnDroiDRaider64 View Post
    Hey I want Pryor to start, but people need to take it easy on Flynn, the offensive line is awful, the talent around him is awful, he is getting crushed back there but he doesn't complain. I mean the guy seems laid back but people are going overboard on the guy.
    Totally agree, no reason to trash Flynn. Maybe he's just not the guy for us, maybe he's just not a very good QB. It's hard to say. Treating him like crap because you like the other guy is kind of pointless though.

Pryor definitely looks like the better man for the job, and he's worked really hard to earn it. Leave it at that.
    Chiefhater, OTF, Lakim and 3 others like this.

fatjack is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    [QUOTE=heavyD;3946631]When a guy like Moon who has played the race card more than once criticizes a QB such as Flynn when he's in competition with a black quarterback I kind of have to take what he says with a grain of salt.[/QUOT

Almost every analyst and football QB expert criticizes Flynn and Moon's statement is consistent with others. He is a HOF QB with great football knowledge and insight, everything is not always about race. I heard Rich Gannon say something very similar on the radio today. Said Flynn was pulled aside by the Seattle coaches more than once last year and told him he needed to step up his game because Russell Wilson was really challenging him. Flynn did not meet the challenge and lost the starting job. He said the same thing is happening now and Flynn is out with an injury and Pryor can win the job with a good performance in the final pre-season game. He didn't say it but I got the vibe that he didn't think the injury was serious enough not to fight for the job.
    Dark Gable likes this.

Alesdennas is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    A lot of critics didn't like that Wilson was spending extra time in the film room and Flynn wasn't, which I think is more a function of Wilson's dedication than Flynn's apathy. I mean Wilson was a rookie last year he needed the extra time in the film room, Flynn being a veteran didn't need as much time. I think the same is true of Pryor this year. I think that Pryor just wants it more, and as thus is doing more work. Its not that Flynn has poor work ethic. Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first guy to point out Flynn's flaws, but work ethic isn't the guy's problem.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    When a guy like Moon who has played the race card more than once criticizes a QB such as Flynn when he's in competition with a black quarterback I kind of have to take what he says with a grain of salt.
    I agree - I loved Moon as a player, but once someone plays the race card I tend to tune them out.

I have, however, heard others say that Flynn's work ethic could have been better with the Seahawks. That's not to say that he was lazy, but it doesn't sound like he did everything he could to take the #1 job.

Hall of Famer
    I guess Flynn is destined to be the new cliche' punching bag.....and another scorned millionaires that I don't feel sorry for....
    and Pryor king mostly by default.....
    The question is the Pryor shelf life......
    I do however respect Warren Moon's work, opinion, and celebrate him as a UW great.....

I wonder what Kieth Moon thinks!
    Dark Gable likes this.

Thread Information