Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation And Adjusting To The NFL

Napo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Post Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation And Adjusting To The NFL

“I got off the plane and heard the ‘Raiders Call’ from the fans for the first time and that’s exciting,” said Tyler Wilson. Rookie Quarterback Tyler Wilson made this statement at the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) Rookie Premier. In an interview to SB Nation, he professed how Oakland Raiders fans are passionate about their team. “Oakland Raiders fans are adamant, wild, and crazy,” said Wilson. He went on to say it is a lot like the Arkansas Razorbacks fans, just on a larger scale.
    Wilson said he is very excited to be a Oakland Raider, and he can’t wait for the season to get started. At the Senior Bowl, he was impressed by the Oakland Raiders Coaching Staff, and he was able to form a good rapport with Head Coach Dennis Allen and Offensive Coordinator Greg Olson. He was happy when he was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the 2013 NFL Draft.
    The hardest part about adjusting to a new playbook is learning the language. He said, “It’s an adjustment period for me, but once you’re able to learn the lingo you play football.” He went on to explain how he is forming really good friendships with Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor. They bounce ideas and things off each other, and that is a way for all of them to improve. He said the biggest challenges facing him are learning the playbook, adjusting to life in Oakland, CA, and getting used to the pace of the game. Wilson said, “You have to acclimate quickly, adjust, and play your game.”

Tyler Wilson was asked about where he would spend his money once he had his house and car? Wilson stated, “I want to have everything done on the field first. That’s where my focus is.” Raider Nation should be happy to know that he is focused on becoming an NFL Quarterback and not a JaMarcus Russell.
    After some coaxing, Wilson finally admitted that he loves to play the game of golf. He stated, “I can’t wait to try out some of the courses in Northern California.” If that is his only vice Raider Nation, then we don’t have to worry about him getting arrested in his home town (i.e., Rolando McClain).
    Tyler Wilson is committed to becoming an NFL player. He wants to do great things on the field. He is a rookie, and there is going to be a learning curve, but I am confident in my opinion of this guy. He is going to be the quarterback of the future for the Oakland Raiders.
    Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation and Adjusting to the NFL - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

I have extremely high hopes for this kid

All-Pro
    Thanks Napo! Wilson has a great future ahead. I'm glad he's a Raider!

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Really hope he can come in and play a few games this year. Very very talented QB, definitely not 4th round worthy IMO. Going through that disastrous season in Arkansas set him back a lot. No real coaching staff, no O-Line, no running game, and barely any help at WR. Had he came out his Junior year, he definitely would have gone in the first round. Just needs to get comfortable with the offense, then I think we can start talking about him competing for starting job.
    R8RFOX and truepirate1966 like this.

2006, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Yes, I have high hopes for Tyler. He was a great college QB and tough as nails. I hope he can adjust to the NFL game and lead this team to some winning seasons in the years to come. He definitely has the tools. We shall see. We may have gotten a steal for this guy...
    Don't let what you can't do, stop you from doing what you can do!

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation And Adjusting To The NFL

I'm rooting for Wilson to become the starting qb for us how special would that be under the new regime .

Withwhatsmine is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    I have high hopes also and they aren't delusional, if his college coach wasn't an idiot, Wilson would have easily went in the 2nd. He's very likable.

RaiderHawg is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    the complete college experience he went through was the perfect prep for the NFL.

Running a pro style system against the speed and toughness of SEC defenses, under
    a very hard nosed, offensive genius in Petrino.

waited behind a future NFL star in Ryan Mallett his soph year.
    had tremendous success as a junior.
    dealt admirably with adverse situation beyond his control his senior year, didn't wilt and still posted
    very good numbers. showed his metal.

That's as good a prep for the NFL as a college qb can have, IMO.

The tools he posses are there too. Rating both "head for the game" and physical ability on a scale from one to 10, he is a solid 8, possibly a 9 on both counts.

Wilson was absolutely not 4th round talent.

I agree with the comment that at some point, Wilson is the long term QB for the Raiders.

Skullzlife is offline Banned
    Veteran
    He actually reminds me of a better version of Carson Palmer. Definitely more affable and stronger from a leadership standpoint. Their skillsets are similar.

The bad comparison is that he's turnover prone too and underthrows the ball sometimes. I don't know the underlying reasons but if he can fix that he has great upside.

Hope he does well.

Hall of Famer
    Bring it, brother. Flynn doesn't work out, you're next man up.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullzlife View Post
    He actually reminds me of a better version of Carson Palmer. Definitely more affable and stronger from a leadership standpoint.
    This 4th round pick that's done nothing in the NFL reminds you of a better version of a Heisman trophy winning, 2x Pro Bowl, Pro Bowl MVP, NFL Alumni QB of the Year winning, AFC Player of the Year winning, FedEx Air Player of the Year Award winning QB who holds the NFL record for most consecutive games with a 100+ passer rating, who broke nearly every meaingful passing record at USC and in Cincinnati, and who came out of college as a #1 overall pick with prototypical size, weight and arm strength? The same "turnover prone" Carson Palmer that has a far better TD-INT ratio than John Elway? The same Carson Palmer with the 19th highest career passer rating of all time, essentially tied with Dan Marino? The same Carson Palmer who Wilson looks and plays nothing like?

Cool story. Do I remind you of a better looking version of Denzel Washington?
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

ThirtyFour is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    This 4th round pick that's done nothing in the NFL reminds you of a better version of a Heisman trophy winning, 2x Pro Bowl, Pro Bowl MVP, NFL Alumni QB of the Year winning, AFC Player of the Year winning, FedEx Air Player of the Year Award winning QB who holds the NFL record for most consecutive games with a 100+ passer rating, who broke nearly every meaingful passing record at USC and in Cincinnati, and who came out of college as a #1 overall pick with prototypical size, weight and arm strength? The same "turnover prone" Carson Palmer that has a far better TD-INT ratio than John Elway? The same Carson Palmer with the 19th highest career passer rating of all time, essentially tied with Dan Marino? The same Carson Palmer who Wilson looks and plays nothing like?

Cool story. Do I remind you of a better looking version of Denzel Washington?
    To be fair, Carson Palmer has been an overrated POS for most of his career. Carson's career started out with the 1# overall pick have a bleh, but expected, rookie year. A great second year. And very good 3rd year that ended poorly. And then he's been **** to average every year since.

Carson has never lived up to the Carson Palmer name. So while to a point you are right in that a crap 4th Rnd pick without a NFL snap to his name shouldn't be compared to Palmer, Palmer isn't that great himself. 4000 yards last year and we all know he was average at best here.
    Lakim likes this.

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    This board needs a gif

delitax likes this.

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    This kid has a good head on his shoulders. I am looking forward to his development the more he gets acclimated to the playbook, players, speed of the game etc..

Kings2Raiders is offline Banned
    Rookie

Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation And Adjusting To The NFL

Refreshing to hear a player who cares about business first instead of cash money, cars, jewelry, drugs and partying.......if only they all were like this.

bleachkit is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    The only thing I worry about is the small hands. That is going to be a problem in cold weather. Oakland always has moderate weather, so it should not be an issue at home. Didn't fumble that much in college either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information