• 5 Post By the_new_Jerry
  • 1 Post By MadBomber24
  • 1 Post By regret
  • 1 Post By x2RedReaper2x
  • 1 Post By BVJ
  • 4 Post By smucky
  • 2 Post By strongman
  • 1 Post By Ro_34

Thread: Audio-Guess What? Romanowski Discusses Raiders + Tyler Wilson Speaks Out + JRuss Pic

Hall of Famer

Talking Audio-Guess What? Romanowski Discusses Raiders + Tyler Wilson Speaks Out + JRuss Pic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Best trainers $“<a href="https://twitter.com/TEST_Football">@TEST_Football</a>: Current photo of Jamarcus Russell attached...down 51 pounds... Great job <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hard&amp;src=hash">#Hard</a> Work <a href="http://t.co/jhCVfkid52">pic.twitter.com/jhCVfkid52</a>”</p>&mdash; Dakari Humphrey (@360ally_oop) <a href="https://twitter.com/360ally_oop/statuses/347846459066028033">June 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bill Romanowski discusses the NFL off-season
    20 Jun 2013
    Bill Romanowski joined The Rise Guys to give his thoughts on the 49ers and Raiders.

<div class="ezEmbeddedPlayerDiv">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://media.957thegame.com/widgets/3768/frame.js?width=640&height=440&episode=76789632">&# a0;</script>
    <br/>
    <br/>
    <a id="ezEmbedSiteLink" href="http://media.957thegame.com/a/76789632/bill-romanowski-discusses-the-nfl-off-season.htm?q=oakland+raiders" target="_blank">Watch this at KGMZ</a>
    </div>

Raiders Rookie Tyler Wilson on Oakland's Wild Fans, Adjusting to NFL (2013 NFLPA Rookie Premiere)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/htfdWZyqviM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation and Adjusting to the NFL - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation and Adjusting to the NFL
    Jun 21st, 2013 by Shane Schilperoort
    I got off the plane and heard the ‘Raiders Call’ from the fans for the first time and that’s exciting,” said Tyler Wilson. Rookie Quarterback Tyler Wilson made this statement at the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) Rookie Premier. In an interview to SB Nation, he professed how Oakland Raiders fans are passionate about their team. “Oakland Raiders fans are adamant, wild, and crazy,” said Wilson. He went on to say it is a lot like the Arkansas Razorbacks fans, just on a larger scale.

Wilson said he is very excited to be a Oakland Raider, and he can’t wait for the season to get started. At the Senior Bowl, he was impressed by the Oakland Raiders Coaching Staff, and he was able to form a good rapport with Head Coach Dennis Allen and Offensive Coordinator Greg Olson. He was happy when he was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the 2013 NFL Draft.

The hardest part about adjusting to a new playbook is learning the language. He said, “It’s an adjustment period for me, but once you’re able to learn the lingo you play football.” He went on to explain how he is forming really good friendships with Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor. They bounce ideas and things off each other, and that is a way for all of them to improve. He said the biggest challenges facing him are learning the playbook, adjusting to life in Oakland, CA, and getting used to the pace of the game. Wilson said, “You have to acclimate quickly, adjust, and play your game.”

Tyler Wilson was asked about where he would spend his money once he had his house and car? Wilson stated, “I want to have everything done on the field first. That’s where my focus is.” Raider Nation should be happy to know that he is focused on becoming an NFL Quarterback and not a JaMarcus Russell.

After some coaxing, Wilson finally admitted that he loves to play the game of golf. He stated, “I can’t wait to try out some of the courses in Northern California.” If that is his only vice Raider Nation, then we don’t have to worry about him getting arrested in his home town (i.e., Rolando McClain).

Tyler Wilson is committed to becoming an NFL player. He wants to do great things on the field. He is a rookie, and there is going to be a learning curve, but I am confident in my opinion of this guy. He is going to be the quarterback of the future for the Oakland Raiders.
    Tyler Wilson Speaks Out About Raider Nation and Adjusting to the NFL - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Eight in the Box: Secondary status check - AFC West Blog - ESPN
    Eight in the Box: Secondary status check
    June, 21, 2013
    By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Oakland Raiders: Last season, Oakland had perhaps the worst secondary situation in the NFL, especially at cornerback. That is no longer the case: The rebuilding Raiders are significantly better there in 2013. Oakland added Mike Jenkins and Tracy Porter via free agency and D.J. Hayden with the No. 12 overall pick in the draft; they figure to be the Raiders' top three cornerbacks, with Hayden and Jenkins the starters. Hayden, though, must show he can stay healthy after a life-threatening heart surgery last November. He missed the past few weeks of the offseason program after undergoing a procedure to repair scar tissue in his stomach, a side effect of the heart surgery. The team expects him back for training camp in late July. Jenkins and Porter fell out of favor in recent seasons and are not upper-level cornerbacks -- but they are professionals and will help. The safeties have a chance to be strong. Tyvon Branch is a very solid player, and Oakland’s shining moment of the offseason was when it brought back Charles Woodson. Yes, he turns 37 in October, but he can still help this team. This unit may not be elite, but it will be competitive and not hamper Oakland’s defense.
    Eight in the Box: Secondary status check - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Chat wrap: Raiders' future - AFC West Blog - ESPN
    Chat wrap: Raiders' future
    June, 20, 2013
    By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Oakland

Robert from Berkeley, CA.: With all of the cap room the Raiders will have in 2014, what player do you see them targeting early in free agency?

BW: Way, way too early to even think about. McKenzie's MO is to keep his own people first. So expect extensions for key youngsters like Wisniewski, Veldheer, Houston, Maybe McFadden. There's no reason for the top talent in Oakland to leave anymore.
    Chat wrap: Raiders' future - AFC West Blog - ESPN
    John Madden:They've got a ways to go. He was playing the game without a full deck. To be honest, they don’t have enough players. The cupboard was pretty bare. It would have been tough to do much more than what they did. If he’s going to do well, they gotta get a lot more … some teams need a quarterback or a running back, or a pass rusher … . The Raiders need a whole barrel of guys!

Hall of Famer
    Russell put in work

Gmac is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Even though Russell set this organization back and essentially quit on the team, I never got the impression he was a punk. I do believe he hit a really rough patch and just went off the deep end. I would have no problem with him getting a second chance in the league.
    losdogdagreat and tonybobb1 like this.

Chairman of the Board
    getting in shape will not make him any more intelligent.
    Raider Ran, HBD, Artois and 2 others like this.
    Go Raiders.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Even though Russell set this organization back and essentially quit on the team, I never got the impression he was a punk. I do believe he hit a really rough patch and just went off the deep end. I would have no problem with him getting a second chance in the league.
    I am glad he is getting his life back together but I really really hope I never have to watch him throw another pass in the NFL. Of course if he were to go to someone in our division and set them back a few years by playing horrible then I could live with that. Otherwise I hope he never plays a down in the NFL again. Outside of football I wish him no ill will but in the game I hate his freaken guts.
    Black Sabbath80 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Someone's math is off. Losing 50 lbs would have brought him into the 300 lbs zone.
    Raider Ran likes this.

x2RedReaper2x is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I can't listen to Romanowski anymore after he tweeted that Tebow would lead the Patriots the a Super Bowl within 2 years.
    Artois likes this.

BVJ
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by x2RedReaper2x View Post
    I can't listen to Romanowski anymore after he tweeted that Tebow would lead the Patriots the a Super Bowl within 2 years.
    lol.. I can't take him serious either. I actually stopped last year, the dude is just a rah rah guy, and frankly the more he talks the bigger of a toolbag he becomes.
    foodisgood70 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Russell looking much better physically, but still, missing 3 straight season and horsing around has put him way behind mentally.
    Especially for a guy that never seemed that bright to begin with.

I am surprised someone hasn't signed him though, a team could bring him to camp and see if has really changed his work ethic.

Hall of Famer

Audio-Guess What? Romanowski Discusses Raiders + Tyler Wilson Speaks Out + JRuss Pic

Why must he be in front of an expensive vehicle and be wearing bling for every photo opportunity?
    Photographer- "Okay, Jamarcus, let's get a picture of you with your new look."
    Jamarcus - "Okay.....Wait, shouldn't I stand in front of my Escalade? And let me add more gold."

And one more thing......This is the first sports come-back story I've heard which only discusses the fact he's lost weight. Wait, can he throw a ball to a receiver? Can he read defenses? Can he lead a team? Has he ever done any of these things? Weight loss is all he's done.
    R.I.P. Stacey Toran, Marquise Cooper

strongman is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    +10

^

;)

Quote Originally Posted by smucky View Post
    Why must he be in front of an expensive vehicle and be wearing bling for every photo opportunity?
    Photographer- "Okay, Jamarcus, let's get a picture of you with your new look."
    Jamarcus - "Okay.....Wait, shouldn't I stand in front of my Escalade? And let me add more gold."

And one more thing......This is the first sports come-back story I've heard which only discusses the fact he's lost weight. Wait, can he throw a ball to a receiver? Can he read defenses? Can he lead a team? Has he ever done any of these things? Weight loss is all he's done.
    Artois and Black Sabbath80 like this.

Ro_34 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by x2RedReaper2x View Post
    I don't get his love affair with Tebow & I disagree with him, but the part where he said he's concerned with Hayden & that McKenzie can't afford to make mistakes after so many recent mistakes, plus when he was asked to "grade" the draft, he said, let me tell you after I watch them play. At least it's a level handed response.
    Artois likes this.

Thread Information