Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Akbar Gbaja-Biamila calls Raiders " You can just walk over them "

All-Pro

Akbar Gbaja-Biamila calls Raiders " You can just walk over them "

Akbar Gbaja-Biamila Blasts Raiders on NFL AM - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

I don’t pretend for one moment that the Raiders haven’t had their struggles over the past 10 years. However, it just gets me riled up when I hear a former Oakland Raider player blasting his team in the Newspaper, on Radio, or on Television. A player whose career was not stellar by any means, and one who never lived up to what his name is supposed to mean, “Great.”
    Akbar Gbaja-Biamila played Defensive End and Linebacker for the Oakland Raiders from 2003-2004. He mostly backed up the likes of Travian Smith and Tyler Brayton. After the short stint in Oakland, he played for the Chargers in 2006, Dolphins in 2007, and, in 2008, he was signed as a practice squad member only with the Oakland Raiders. With his football career not panning out, Gbaja-Biamila turned to a career in Sports Broadcasting. Currently, he is a member of NFL AM on NFL Network.
    This morning, he was asked to answer a question from NFL AM’s Double Coverage. The question was, “Which team will have the biggest win differential from last year?” Gbaja-Biamila stated the following, “Well that’s easy, it’s the Kansas City Chiefs. I think they go from two wins to about eight or nine, maybe even ten, when you look at what they have…” He goes on to talk about the dynamic players that the Chiefs have in his opinion, of course. Then, he makes the comment that just sent me through the roof. After running his mouth about the Chiefs some more, <b> Gbaja-Biamila states, “And of course, they’re (Chiefs) playing in the AFC West where, they’ve got the Chargers who haven’t yet stepped up, and then the Oakland Raiders who you can just walk over.” </b>
    Walk over? He said the Raiders are just a “Walk over team.” Last time I checked, the Oakland Raiders are a professional football team. They have had their struggles, but a walk over team. This is ridiculous. Gbaja-Biamila should be blasted on Twitter and Facebook. So, I am calling on Raider Nation to let him know how we feel about his comment. Absolutely absurd comment that comes from a has been and never was player. Nation, his Twitter account is @Akbar_Gbaja. He even has a picture of himself in a Raiders uniform on his profile page. Yet he openly blasts his former team. His phone should be blowing up with the Raider Nation’s comments on how we feel about his negativity toward our team.
    Our team is young and hungry. We are underestimated this year, but that will be the undoing for the teams playing us. Keep thinking that we won’t win more than two or four games this year NFL Network. Your surprise will be coming. We’ve been the under-dog before, and we won the Super Bowl that year. Go Raiders!

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    F him
    stork44 and raiderLUVjen like this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Veteran
    Win and this sh!t goes away. Simple.

Skullzlife is offline Banned
    Veteran
    I can't really hold it against him. He was here for Callahan and he saw the destruction occur at the ground level. 2003-2004 was literally the beginning of the void.

I don't think his comments are indicative of where the team is at now but hardly worth getting riled up over.

Let their play define them, not our opinions, especially not by some guy who really was nothing more than a distant observer no matter how on the team he was.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    It's really nice to see that the "consensus" opinion being that the Raiders are the worst team in the league has gotten to the point where "professionals" are making dumbass statements. What this means if you've ever analyzed trends is that it's time to buy.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallyn82 View Post
    Akbar Gbaja-Biamila Blasts Raiders on NFL AM - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

I don’t pretend for one moment that the Raiders haven’t had their struggles over the past 10 years. However, it just gets me riled up when I hear a former Oakland Raider player blasting his team in the Newspaper, on Radio, or on Television. A player whose career was not stellar by any means, and one who never lived up to what his name is supposed to mean, “Great.”
    Akbar Gbaja-Biamila played Defensive End and Linebacker for the Oakland Raiders from 2003-2004. He mostly backed up the likes of Travian Smith and Tyler Brayton. After the short stint in Oakland, he played for the Chargers in 2006, Dolphins in 2007, and, in 2008, he was signed as a practice squad member only with the Oakland Raiders. With his football career not panning out, Gbaja-Biamila turned to a career in Sports Broadcasting. Currently, he is a member of NFL AM on NFL Network.
    This morning, he was asked to answer a question from NFL AM’s Double Coverage. The question was, “Which team will have the biggest win differential from last year?” Gbaja-Biamila stated the following, “Well that’s easy, it’s the Kansas City Chiefs. I think they go from two wins to about eight or nine, maybe even ten, when you look at what they have…” He goes on to talk about the dynamic players that the Chiefs have in his opinion, of course. Then, he makes the comment that just sent me through the roof. After running his mouth about the Chiefs some more, Gbaja-Biamila states, “And of course, they’re (Chiefs) playing in the AFC West where, they’ve got the Chargers who haven’t yet stepped up, and then the Oakland Raiders who you can just walk over.”
    Walk over? He said the Raiders are just a “Walk over team.” Last time I checked, the Oakland Raiders are a professional football team. They have had their struggles, but a walk over team. This is ridiculous. Gbaja-Biamila should be blasted on Twitter and Facebook. So, I am calling on Raider Nation to let him know how we feel about his comment. Absolutely absurd comment that comes from a has been and never was player. Nation, his Twitter account is @Akbar_Gbaja. He even has a picture of himself in a Raiders uniform on his profile page. Yet he openly blasts his former team. His phone should be blowing up with the Raider Nation’s comments on how we feel about his negativity toward our team.
    Our team is young and hungry. We are underestimated this year, but that will be the undoing for the teams playing us. Keep thinking that we won’t win more than two or four games this year NFL Network. Your surprise will be coming. We’ve been the under-dog before, and we won the Super Bowl that year. Go Raiders!
    Classless thing to say. I cant believe NFL network cant hire somebody with a better resume than Gbaja-Biamila

All-Pro

Akbar Gbaja-Biamila calls Raiders &quot; You can just walk over them &quot;

F*ck his a*s, if this scrub even followed football he would know in the last 3 years we're 5-1 against the chiefs.

All-Pro
    Just passing it along, I didn't write up that it was a quote from the guy that does JBB

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by danax View Post
    It's really nice to see that the "consensus" opinion being that the Raiders are the worst team in the league has gotten to the point where "professionals" are making dumbass statements. What this means if you've ever analyzed trends is that it's time to buy.
    Your 100% right... when a team like us are projected and viewed as bottom of the bucket as we are now.. Betting on the Raiders is a good bet. Not kidding, there is money to be made this season.

Locdog is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Honestly I dont see the fuss. Teams will prob walk over us....our d line has only houston as a full time starter and he hasnt done anything....you got two supposed run stuffers at the tackles and we all hope carter goes nuts and gets 15 sacks cuz there isnt anyone who can consitantly get to the qb. Oh yea im also high on sio but im not high...rookie kids gotta a lot to learn n prove. We need studs....i dont see em.

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    A walk over team ha

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Locdog View Post
    Honestly I dont see the fuss. Teams will prob walk over us....our d line has only houston as a full time starter and he hasnt done anything....you got two supposed run stuffers at the tackles and we all hope carter goes nuts and gets 15 sacks cuz there isnt anyone who can consitantly get to the qb. Oh yea im also high on sio but im not high...rookie kids gotta a lot to learn n prove. We need studs....i dont see em.
    I think the point is now days there are no such things are walk over teams on the NFL... It was a direct slap in the face by a bitter person. I can't find the clip but he also did a impression of Al Davis that would have some of the old guard die hards on here pretty angry.

Hall of Famer
    This time last year the so-called "experts" were sying the Chiefs were the most talented team in the AFC West, will win the division, and make the SuperBowl. Now they are saying they will be the "most improved team".

So when they go 2-14 again and the Raiders sweep them, what then?

The team to beat is the Broncos at the moment but they are a Manning injury away from crashing. The Chargers are on the decline. They are sayng the Raiders are "talentless". Yet, this "talentless" team will surprise many in 2013 including a number of people on here.
    OTF and Chef like this.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

HC Raider Fan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Everyone knows who the Raiders are.

Nobody knows who the heck Akbar Gbaja-BiaMAMA is.

Chairman of the Board
    He's entitled to his opinion, but what does it say about him as a player if he considers them a walk over team? He wasn't that good apparently! Who cares meh...
    IERaiderFan likes this.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information