Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Napo
  • 2 Post By Xanman
  • 2 Post By DarkLordAlDavis
  • 1 Post By regret

Thread: Sio Moore Contract Update: Moore Signs Four Year, $3.05 Million Dollar Contract With

Napo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Sio Moore Contract Update: Moore Signs Four Year, $3.05 Million Dollar Contract With

Yesterday reports surfaced that the Raiders locked down their third round pick (66th overall) Sio Moore to a rookie contract. Well today the details were confirmed and the Connecticut linebacker will be holding it down in the Bay Area for at least the next four years.
    Mooreís Four Year, $3.054 million dollar contract was hammered out on the final day of minicamp as Moore concluded a month and a half spent at the Raiders facility after rookie minicamp, OTAs and this weeks three day minicamp. The All-Big East and All-American Sleeper Team selected Moore has been tapped to be the future of the Raiders at outside linebacker and was one of the best steals of the third round at the 2013 NFL Draft.
    The 6-1, 240 pound linebacker was the 66th overall selection in Aprilís. In 31 starts at Connecticut, Moore garnered first-team All-Big East Conference honors twice as a junior and a senior this past season as well as being named to the All American Sleeper Team this year. In 2012, Moore ranked fourth on the team with 72 tackles (45 solo) and was named to the watch list for the Butkus Award, presented annually to the nationís top linebacker and was one of the better sleeper picks in the third round of this yearís draft.
    He has been lining up as the teamís starting weakside linebacker thus far at Raiders minicamp and is expected to start there right away as a rookie as McKenzie has him tapped as one of the Raiders defensive players of the future. Locking him up for four years only further confirms that as the Raiders are high on a player that might have been drafted much higher if he didnít play in the weak Big East during his college career.
    The Raiders now are left with three picks yet to be signed-First round pick D.J. Hayden at cornerback, second round pick OT Menelik Watson, and fourth round pick QB Tyler Wilson.
    Sio Moore Contract Update: Moore signs Four Year, $3.05 Million Dollar Contract With the Raiders - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.
    TDraiders likes this.

Xanman is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I LOVE the new rookie wage scale.

Even first rounders won't be getting $40m guarenteed for not playing a single down in the NFL
    raiderroo and Mr Terrific like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanman View Post
    I LOVE the new rookie wage scale.

Even first rounders won't be getting $40m guarenteed for not playing a single down in the NFL

I have mixed feelings about it. I think they should be tweaked from the way they are. How about keep it the way it is but build in escalators incentives so someone on his rookie contract has the ability to get paid if they really outplay their contract. Good-great players especially RBs get screwed because they can't renegotiate. A perfect example is Redskins Alfred Morris making league min. By the time he can get a contract he earned his best years might be gone because of wear and tear. Another one is QB Russel Wilson of Seattle. The career spans of players in the NFL are the shortest. Yet they have the worst contracts/union compared to the other sports.....

(edit) But on the other hand. By the time Goodell gets done the NFL will be a played under flag football rules.....
    TDraiders and Donaldray510 like this.
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

Diesis is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordAlDavis View Post
    I have mixed feelings about it. I think they should be tweaked from the way they are. How about keep it the way it is but build in escalators incentives so someone on his rookie contract has the ability to get paid if they really outplay their contract. Good-great players especially RBs get screwed because they can't renegotiate. A perfect example is Redskins Alfred Morris making league min. By the time he can get a contract he earned his best years might be gone because of wear and tear. Another one is QB Russel Wilson of Seattle. The career spans of players in the NFL are the shortest. Yet they have the worst contracts/union compared to the other sports.....

(edit) But on the other hand. By the time Goodell gets done the NFL will be a played under flag football rules.....
    Totally agree, the NFL contract situation at times seems so biased towards the teams for players who have performed above their contracts. For example, Jared Velheer is a good starting LT yet is still on his rookie contract. I am not an expert so would appreciate other members comments on why JV has not been offered an improved contract before now as this would prevent him running down his contract and entering free agency - is this standard NFL practice to pay the minimum for as long as possible and then take your chances with resigning the player. Surely you would want to get these players signed up long term early to avoid the free agency lottery.

32asasin is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    3rd round picks such as JV or Sio Moore would never made an insane number of money under the old collective bargaining agreement.

the top 10 picks and the yearly wage increase was what made those outrages contracts,

Hall of Famer
    Yeah, I love the new rookie wage scale but I would also like to see some sort of incentives in there, too. While it was imperative that the JaMarcus Fiasco never be repeated, there will be hundreds of athletes over the course of this CBA earning far less than they really should be. It's not impossible to fix this so both sides are happy.
    DarkLordAlDavis likes this.

Thread Information