Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: tracy porter

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    Why are we so worried about what number they're wearing? It's not going to make them a better football player or anything. Put them out there in a tutu for all I care. I want someone out there who can play football regardless of what number they're wearing.
    We're not "Sooooo worried". It's just a sign of respect in my eyes, #24 in Silver & Black just means a lot to die hard Raider fans. It's only natural that Porter concede and hand it to Woodson (With all due compensation of course).
    Joe McCann
    Detroit, Michigan

Reggie McKenzie; repairing the bandwagon one flat tire at a time!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Raider View Post
    We're not "Sooooo worried". It's just a sign of respect in my eyes, #24 in Silver & Black just means a lot to die hard Raider fans. It's only natural that Porter concede and hand it to Woodson (With all due compensation of course).
    Woodson and Romo were my 2 favorite Raider defenseman from the last winning years. I couldn't give two ****s what number Woodson wears, I got his 24 jersey, if he got a new number I think that would be pretty sick. I'd probably buy that jersey.

Hall of Famer
    Maybe I'm old fashion. I don't care about jersey numbers, I care about production. Then again, I'm the type of person who doesn't sweat the small things in life so I guess this would coincide w/ my beliefs.

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityR8r View Post
    If Porter wont give up #24 then cut his ass
    Really??? You'd want to cut a potential starter because he won't give up a jersey number?

Besides, this wouldn't be the first time a Bay Area hero returns to his original team with a different number. Bonus points if you can guess who the other one was.

Hall of Famer
    There is really no numbers left to switch to, besides maybe a few in the 40s. I think when it is all said and done CWood will have 24, and Porter will have 22. Taiwan had a chance last year if he made the switch, but Hayden, Porter, Jenkins, Hansen, Adams...he is going to have his work cut out for him.

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityR8r View Post
    If Porter wont give up #24 then cut his ass
    Really??? You'd want to cut a potential starter because he won't give up a jersey number?

Besides, this wouldn't be the first time a Bay Area hero returns to his original team with a different number. Bonus points if you can guess who the other one was.
    Arggh I know it, but it keeps slipping my mind!!

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Since his name is "Porter" just give him #84 and be done with it already!
    "He's relentless, shoot him in the head is the only way to stop him. If Howie's alive and still kicking he's coming."

-HOF guard John Hannah

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Go bug him on Twitter: @TracyPorter
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDuck View Post

Ricky Henderson !!!

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by LongieR8er View Post
    Ricky Henderson !!!
    I was thinking of Reggie Jackson (originally wore #9, but when he returned to the A's in his final season he wore his Yankee #44).

However, as former Dodger great Rickey Henderson had multiple numbers with the A's, your answer is also correct.

Superbowl_XV is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Here's an absolutely ludicrous notion ... how about some respect for Tracy Porter? We have fans in here saying he should be cut and calling him names. It's ridiculous. Let the man play this out, he has every right to. If Woodson is willing to pay Porter for a number, I'm not going to hate on Porter.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quit treating Woodson like a special player. They're all on the same team and, no one, especially someone who will likely be here for 1 year, should stand out for anything other than 2013 game day performance.
    I would actually feel good if Woodson said right up front, "Hey, that's his number. I'm here to produce and win. Give me any number."
    If Porter wants to give it to him, great, and he probably will.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbowl_XV View Post
    Here's an absolutely ludicrous notion ... how about some respect for Tracy Porter? We have fans in here saying he should be cut and calling him names. It's ridiculous. Let the man play this out, he has every right to. If Woodson is willing to pay Porter for a number, I'm not going to hate on Porter.
    Tracy Porter= 0 pro bowls , was a donkey

Woodson= 8 Pro-bowls, plus Raiders history of 3 AFC west titles and an AFC Championship. Woodson had HUGE moments as a Raider.

No offense to Porter but when it comes to #24 FUK Porter, it BELONGS to Woodson. If Porter comes in goes to Pro-bowls and is a part of the reason we got to a SB then, if he comes back one day and there is some scrub wearing HIS number, then I will make the argument for him.
    Last edited by guydon; 05-30-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Midwest Raider likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Raidersabc123 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    Why are we so worried about what number they're wearing? It's not going to make them a better football player or anything. Put them out there in a tutu for all I care. I want someone out there who can play football regardless of what number they're wearing.
    It might not make him play better but it will make me feel better to throw on my old school 24 Woodson on
    Midwest Raider likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersabc123 View Post
    It might not make him play better but it will make me feel better to throw on my old school 24 Woodson on
    If that was the case, I'd still proudly rock it anyway. I do w/ my Bo jersey. He could come back wearing 821 and I'd still rock it LOL. To each their own though. I can get where you're coming from.
    Raidersabc123 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information