• 1 Post By gil03
  • 5 Post By ghosttothepost
  • 1 Post By MadBomber24
  • 2 Post By Hawaiian Raider
  • 1 Post By defiance
  • 1 Post By HorrorSCope
  • 1 Post By Godinez84
  • 1 Post By Raidersman321

Thread: The Oakland Raiders: A Positional Breakdown and Where Oakland Stands in the NFL

defiance is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

The Oakland Raiders: A Positional Breakdown and Where Oakland Stands in the NFL

The Oakland Raiders have spent the last decade as a joke. From Chris Berman to Daniel Tosh its all laughs when the silver and black are being talked about. Even so-called NFL experts have bought into the idea that the Raiders are a toilet bowl team. NFL.comís Elliot Harrison ranks the Oakland Raiders at number 31 on his power rankingís list. That is right Raider Nation. Only able to out contend the Jacksonville Jaguars

SilverHaze81 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Until we prove otherwise, this is where we deserve to be placed...only gets better from here

Hall of Famer
    I got no problem with the ranking, I do however think if you're going to talk crap in regards to the last decade it should be about AD and not the team.
    Yogi likes this.

ChandlerM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

In 2 years, people will laugh at the Raiders of old as we become a top 15 team in the league. I'm really excited for this next season, and even more excited for next offseason. I dont think theres a better way to rebuild a franchise than with a full draft, a high pick, and 80 Million in cap room

Hall of Famer
    Right now I would rank us higher than the jets. They are a complete mess with no clear direction and a lame duck coach.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Until we are able to prove it on the field, I accept our ranking.
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosttothepost View Post
    Right now I would rank us higher than the jets. They are a complete mess with no clear direction and a lame duck coach.
    I agree. I think we will end up between 20-25 in the standings by the end of the season and draft somewhere between 5-12 most likely. I give a big discretion because there are still so many questions to be answered. I like all the players we have brought in but it's a lot of change so who knows how the pieces will fit ( or if they will).
    Hawaiian Raider likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Just a blog by a poster that uses terms such as "a joke" and "toilet bowl" in his presentation.

His post, not much different than what many members in here have composed, starts with a source that moves into pure speculation - "ifs", "ands" or "buts".

Some of the players he mentions as contributing to the cause, I question whether they'll even make the team.

Is this from the guy that grew "up in a town full of Detroit Li-down fans and a housefull of Stinksburgh Steeler fans"?

I'll go ahead and rank us at 16, and let us see at the end who was closer.
    RaiderBeanz and defiance like this.
    "Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

defiance is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Raider View Post
    Just a blog by a poster that uses terms such as "a joke" and "toilet bowl" in his presentation.

His post, not much different than what many members in here have composed, starts with a source that moves into pure speculation - "ifs", "ands" or "buts".

Some of the players he mentions as contributing to the cause, I question whether they'll even make the team.

Is this from the guy that grew "up in a town full of Detroit Li-down fans and a housefull of Stinksburgh Steeler fans"?

I'll go ahead and rank us at 16, and let us see at the end who was closer.
    Way to critique and hold our ground I'd have to agree with around 16-20

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by defiance View Post

The Oakland Raiders have spent the last decade as a joke. From Chris Berman to Daniel Tosh its all laughs when the silver and black are being talked about. Even so-called NFL experts have bought into the idea that the Raiders are a toilet bowl team. NFL.comís Elliot Harrison ranks the Oakland Raiders at number 31 on his power rankingís list. That is right Raider Nation. Only able to out contend the Jacksonville Jaguars
    Personally I am very excited to watch Sio Moore get out on the field. This kid could prove to be a huge draft steal and provide the Raiders with a pass rush that is more needed than a Mark Davis haircut.

Not so sure about that.

As for the article, I think it is right, no season is known until the games happen. We've made plenty of changes, that alone is good and bad. No one but no one expects huge things, but many expect really bad things. I think there is room for something in-between for this team and any uptick will just be used as a building block.

Godinez84 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosttothepost View Post
    Let's add KC, since we slapped them around twice last year and oh yea and we beat almost everyone's favorite Pitt...
    ghosttothepost likes this.

Godinez84 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    It's amazing, as of right now...the only original 1st rd Oak picks left on our team are Dmac & Jano....

With recently added DJ Hayden, FA CB Mike Jenkins & I don't remeber if Tracy Porter was a 1st for NO?

Not to shabby, and I felt we could have won a few more close games last year IMHO, especial that SD game when Condo went dwn.

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Not sure I agree with Oline being the weak point.

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Call me crazy, but I think the defense could be top 20. Solid line backing core, improved secondary. Only thing I really see missing is a big front in the defensive line to get after the QB. I would rank us (until proven otherwise) at maybe 25-20 and have us at 7-9. Jets, Jags, Cowboys, even the Chargers next year, could all have worse years than us
    raiderluv likes this.

RAIDERS64 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v4jGSvxCRp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Information