Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree344Likes

Thread: Matt Flynn v. Tyler Wilson v. Terrelle Pryor

OWShaddock is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by mad stork 83 View Post
    I am not sure how he is viewed by other GMs.

Does anybody know the rules for practice squad players?
    To qualify for the PS, a player cannot have been on the active roster for more than eight games and cannot have been on a practice squad for more than two years.
    Before being re-signed to a practice squad, a player must clear waivers (this is where I think someone would grab Pryor ... low salary and no risk if it doesn't work out).
    Once on a practice squad, a player can be signed by another team at any time. He's essentially a full-time free agent. The only condition is that the team that signs a player off another team's practice squad must keep him on the 53-man roster for the remainder of that season.

Hope that helps.
    FROZEN and mad stork 83 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Live.B.A.Raida View Post
    Pryor was a *3rd ROUND SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT PICK* lmfao you dudes try too hard
    B/c the difference between a 3rd round pick in the supplemental draft is exponential compared to a 4th.....

Pryor is gone. Sorry to have to break it to ya. I'll only lurk in this thread now. The last few Pryor vs whomever threads hurt my head.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    B/c the difference between a 3rd round pick in the supplemental draft is exponential compared to a 4th.....

Pryor is gone. Sorry to have to break it to ya. I'll only lurk in this thread now. The last few Pryor vs whomever threads hurt my head.
    Yes it's different... If you're going to try and spit facts spit them correctly. Smh....

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    To qualify for the PS, a player cannot have been on the active roster for more than eight games and cannot have been on a practice squad for more than two years.
    Before being re-signed to a practice squad, a player must clear waivers (this is where I think someone would grab Pryor ... low salary and no risk if it doesn't work out).
    Once on a practice squad, a player can be signed by another team at any time. He's essentially a full-time free agent. The only condition is that the team that signs a player off another team's practice squad must keep him on the 53-man roster for the remainder of that season.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the breakdown! Admittedly, I was not up on the PS process/policy.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

mad stork 83 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Hope that helps.
    How many times has he been on the active roster? Not a necessarily a specific question for you but I am curious if he is eligible.

OWShaddock is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    How many times has he been on the active roster? Not a necessarily a specific question for you but I am curious if he is eligible.
    Not sure. He was inactive for most games last year.

Quatro_Quatro is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERS64 View Post
    Just seen this tweet , What?

No offense to Vic.

But I'd rather pay attention to what Corkran, Damien and Vic Tafur are saying..

Not that they arent saying the same things (Idk if they are)...but still.

All-Pro
    I am not sure how he is viewed by other GMs.

Does anybody know the rules for practice squad players?
    At first I was going to say he cant be on the practice squad...

but wasnt Chekwa on the practice squad last year (I cant remember if he played at all his rookie year)

Dennis Dixon started 3 NFL games and was on the Ravens practice squad this year. So it is possible.

Hall of Famer
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    How you know when you are taking this Terrelle Pryor thing too seriously.
    MileHighRaider likes this.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I absolutely stand corrected on this one. And dang, with that in mind, I think he'll lead us to a Super Bowl this year. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKiev View Post
    I hate to say it, but if Pryor is cut, it may be best for everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him running routes this training camp if he can't cut it as a QB, but he may be too much of a distraction, etc.

We shall see.
    John Elway thought so about Tebow. And he was right.

He's only a distraction here.
    I very much doubt anyone in the locker room is having endless debates over Terrelle Pryor.
    Ask any Donkey player or coach who sat through Tebowmania. It's a distraction.

All-Pro
    Like some have said.

We're the only ones debating it

I guess it would be peaceful here if Pryor just bowed out and said he wants to play WR/TE.

But I'd wait to see how camp reports are first before I give up on. He's earned a right to show if he's improved in mini camp/OTA's. Lets see what happens. He's been classy about everything so if he truly cant improve or beat out Wilson. Then I think he'd make the switch to another position and play instead of spending another year as 3rd string with a guy his age in front of him.

Time will tell.
    mad stork 83 likes this.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatro_Quatro View Post
    Like some have said.

We're the only ones debating it

I guess it would be peaceful here if Pryor just bowed out and said he wants to play WR/TE.

But I'd wait to see how camp reports are first before I give up on. He's earned a right to show if he's improved in mini camp/OTA's. Lets see what happens. He's been classy about everything so if he truly cant improve or beat out Wilson. Then I think he'd make the switch to another position and play instead of spending another year as 3rd string with a guy his age in front of him.

Time will tell.
    No doubt he's a classy guy. On that we can agree.

mad stork 83 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatro_Quatro View Post
    At first I was going to say he cant be on the practice squad...

but wasnt Chekwa on the practice squad last year (I cant remember if he played at all his rookie year)

Dennis Dixon started 3 NFL games and was on the Ravens practice squad this year. So it is possible.
    Without looking it up, I think Chekwa played 8 games (0 starts) as a rookie and then was injured. I recall being surprised that he was eligible for the practice squad.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Without looking it up, I think Chekwa played 8 games (0 starts) as a rookie and then was injured. I recall being surprised that he was eligible for the practice squad.
    Sorry to quote a Squeeler page, but...

NFL Practice Squad Eligibility Rules Ľ Steeler Addicts - Pittsburgh Steelers News, Forum, Blog, & Fan Site | Steeler Addicts - Pittsburgh Steelers News, Forum, Blog, & Fan Site

According to league policy, only certain types of players are allowed to sign to the practice squad. Players cannot have played more than nine regular season games or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same teamís squad unless that teamís active roster never dips below 53 players.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighRaider View Post
    I respect these media guys' opinions a hell of a lot more than some snot nosed kid with a boy crush on a message board.

I also trust the opinions of the scouts, coaches and GM that get to watch Pryor practice every day.

Finally, using your so-called logic, I trust my own eyes. I watched the one and only game he's started and it was far from impressive.

Note Tebow was released by the Jets. Don't be surprised if a similar fate falls on Pryor, or a trade if somebody is willing. The similarities in players and fans are remarkable. Except Tebow wasn't a 4th round supplemental draft pick. I lived through Tebowmania in Denver and the idjits of today are astonishingly similar to the idjits backing Tebow back then. They're both nice guys. You want to root for them. But neither one will start a game in the NFL again unless two guys ahead of them in the depth chart are hurt and the team doesn't want to invest in a last-second trade for real QB at that point.

And the sad thing is: you know it's coming but you won't admit it to yourself.

Pitiful.
    You're so disrespectful

and hateful

and bitter

simple as that.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information