Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By RaiderNationNY
  • 1 Post By raiderjohn622

Thread: 2015, The Year the Winning Begins...

RaiderNationNY is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer

2015, The Year the Winning Begins...

First post on here in nearly five years, glad to be back on. I've been reading through countless posts about the dire state of our beloved Raiders. Some I agree with, some I disagree with, but what I can see are Raider fans that just want to see direction, and I'm here to hopefully help show you some. I was/am a huge Al Davis fan, and I read a post where someone said that Al was an icon, and legend, and regardless of whether or not his decisions were good or bad he earned that right, and I couldn't put it any better. The guy had one thing in mind, and that was to win, and in a way it blinded his judgement, but his passion for winning might possibly never be seen again. So here comes a new regime, Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen. Reggie McKenzie is a proven NFL Candidate who had vital roles in the drafting of Aaron Rodgers and building that roster up from top to bottom. Sometimes that can be done by refurbishing a current roster, and other times it -has- to be done by leveling a roster. Unfortunately we're in the second selection, and not by choice. You think Reggie wanted to let go of Huff? Most likely not. You think he sat by and just twiddled his thumbs while D. Bryant left for Cleveland and P. Wheeler left for Miami? Not a chance. At those prices those guys left for, not only could we not compete, but those 5 year $30 mil dollar players played on a Defense that was horrid at best last season. They had their moments, but overall you can't win with that kind of D. We could've built around those guys w/o a doubt, they were solid players. However, we're digging ourselves out of a hole. Many think next year is our year, but it'll take one more season. Next year in the 2014 offseason you'll see the Raiders do the biggest things successful teams such as the Pats, Packers, Giants, etc. do and that is retain your -own- players. Signing flashy players will bring your team to end up like the Jets and Eagles "dream teams" of the past few seasons. See: The Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens have let go of numerous key players, but they've done it before and look where they're at now. They're the same team who passed up on resigning countless starts, because it's the system more so than the players. McKenzie's system has worked, and it will again. This is going to be the year where we level out. Next season will be the real rebuilding year, and 2015 will be the year I expect us to start winning as a legitimate, sustainable NFL organization. Sorry for the long post, but it's been a half a decade, and I've waited so eagerly for this moment. Much love from Buffalo, NY.
    Brazy, CTEX, June510 and 1 others like this.

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Great points.

And for those crying about Wheeler and Bryant leaving, then I hope you're not the same one's crying about us cutting Huff, and DHB, nor fighting against the possible cut of Palmer. We don't have the cap space because we are sitting on Seymour, Palmer, Kelly, DHB, Huff's cap numbers. We couldn't afford Wheeler and Bryant given our limited cap space. RM is cleaning it up.
    @Raiders! likes this.

RaiderNationNY is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if DMC is traded. He won't be cut because he still has potential value but even thought it's unlikely, McKenzie has made the point that if you're getting paid more than what you're producing on the field, you're gone. McFadden is just under $10 mil if I'm not mistaken, so it wouldn't be too big a shocker. Palmer could be a great asset as far as guiding these young players through these times, but you don't pay $13 mil for a mentor. I think they need to keep him if and only if he restructures and takes quite a bit less. Our main priority as we stand should be Brandon Meyers. However, even though I think re-signing this guy is a big priority he's not worth anything near the contract J. Cook received which is way too much as it is. Keep him if the price is right. We have a solid young set of offensive lineman in Wiz and Veldheer, an all around outstanding player in Reece (who we really need to give a long extension too i.m.o.), and DMac if he can prove this year that he can be durable. On defense we have Shaghnessy, Houston, M. Burris, and Tyvon Branch to build around. The foundation is in place, but a lot of work is to be done over the next couple of offseasons/drafts.

@Raiders! is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer

Agreed!

Reggie needs a strong draft class this season. Cutting away the "career losers" from the roster is absolutely the right move. I hope Kelly is next and Palmer needs to take a pay cut (not a re structure) or he is gone too. The money given to Wheeler and Bryant was WAY too much. If we survived last season as fans we can survive anything.

All-Pro
    Love it!!! 2015 or bust, the right way!

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by @Raiders! View Post
    Reggie needs a strong draft class this season. Cutting away the "career losers" from the roster is absolutely the right move. I hope Kelly is next and Palmer needs to take a pay cut (not a re structure) or he is gone too. The money given to Wheeler and Bryant was WAY too much. If we survived last season as fans we can survive anything.
    Haahaa, last year, thinking the same thing.....but about the past 10 seasons, what's happening now....this is a piece of cake.

ChandlerM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

2015, The Year the Winning Begins...

I completely agree. In the 2014 offseason, we'll be looking at over 25-30 Million in Cap space, and a full draft, including Comp picks. Not to mention the spectacular talent that will be available in the 2014 Draft. Clowney or Bridgewater could be the new face of our franchise for a new era. We should be able to build a well rounded team after next year's Draft and Free Agency. I'm really excited for the future.

Thread Information