Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: raiders talking to holmgen

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

raiders talking to holmgen

About a leadership role. I don't like this. He has sucked in every leadership role he has been in

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

RaiderJ is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    @espn_afcwest: #Raiders They are looking for strong leader for organization. Reggie McKenzie would be safe.

He won't have gm powers. It's probably the same position the gruden rumors talked about or that Anderson person. He is well respected but I don't know how much he knows about the business side.

corleone is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersx127 View Post
    About a leadership role. I don't like this. He has sucked in every leadership role he has been in
    Taking two franchises to Super Bowls is sucking?

Wonder if RM is leaning on Holmgren for advice on Gino Smith.
    NEPA-RAIDER, Godinez84 and what22 like this.

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

raiders talking to holmgen

What did he do for the browns, Seahawks, etc in a leadership role? I never said coach. Not to mention, that was how many years ago. Holmgren sucks

MrWestGrand is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Man this would be great news. When people were crying over Gruden, I said back then give us Holmgren and we'll be on the track with Red.
    Godinez84 likes this.

Pro Bowler
    What did he do for the browns, Seahawks, etc in a leadership role? I never said coach. Not to mention, that was how many years ago. Holmgren sucks
    It all depends on how much power and authority he has. You can't blame one guy for all the troubles there. He has a relationship with Reggie already and the two can work togeather with mark in the background.

oaklandheat is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    just seen this..not sure how I feel..
    Raider Loyalist likes this.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    What he did for green bay and seattle was good.
    MikeD and Godinez84 like this.

OWShaddock is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Wait, what?
    You mean like when he led the Packers to two Super Bowls, three division titles and six playoff appearances?
    Or when he led the Seahawks to the Super Bowl, six playoff appearances and five division titles?

Yeah, that guy sux!
    Sometimes I wonder if some of the people here even watch football or just talk about it online.

Pro Bowler
    Two sources tell ESPN the Raiders are talking to former Seahawks and Packers coach Mike Holmgren about a "leadership position within the organization."
    According to reporter Bill Williamson, part of Holmgren's job would be assisting in Oakland's never-ending hunt for a new stadium. That means it's unlikely he'd be brought on in a coaching or football "czar"-like position. Holmgren worked alongside Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie in Green Bay, and would surely have a voice in personnel matters, even if it was limited. It's pretty clear Holmgren's ill-fated Cleveland stint won't be his final NFL job.

Per rotoworld...

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    The last thing the Raiders need now is another suit sucking off the Davis family tits.
    Let Mckenzie handle the football side. Let Amy Trask handle the office side. That's plenty of authority to get things done well.
    As for the stadium, o.Co is a great venue for football. If and when the A's move it will be an even better stadium for football. In the meantime, add a few concession stands here and there, put up a few t..v's in the corridors, maintain the bathrooms well, and it's all good.

tybiggums and JimmyJazz like this.

OWShaddock is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    The last thing the Raiders need now is another suit sucking off the Davis family tits.
    Let Mckenzie handle the football side. Let Amy Trask handle the office side. That's plenty of authority to get things done well.
    As for the stadium, o.Co is a great venue for football. If and when the A's move it will be an even better stadium for football. In the meantime, add a few concession stands here and there, put up a few t..v's in the corridors, maintain the bathrooms well, and it's all good.
    I find it hard to believe anyone who's actually been to a modern NFL stadium - or even a recently renovated one like the Superdome or Soldier Field - would call o.Co a great venue for football. It's a terrible venue for everything.

MrWestGrand is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    They have a pretty good foundation, and he left Lombardi in a good space with some solid pieces.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone who's actually been to a modern NFL stadium - or even a recently renovated one like the Superdome or Soldier Field - would call o.Co a great venue for football. It's a terrible venue for everything.
    Worst stadium I've ever been in. Maybe RFK would compete for that title. It's a dump none the less.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information