Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: We could easily trade down...

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

We could easily trade down...

Just gotta ask for less in return. I would LOVE to acquire more picks. And I'm sure RM would too. My perfect scenario is to trade back for that team's 1st and 2nd (or even 3rd) this year, and their 1st next year. Next year is supposed to be a much deeper draft and it would be great to have the firepower to either get a couple good players or package them and get a QB.

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    And what team is going to give us anywhere near that much to move up?
    jgrilldss and KEVIN WYNNE like this.

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Been playing Madden to much
    MileHighRaider and jgrilldss like this.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    It is well below the trade chart values. It's the equivalent of two seconds, or a third and a second to move up. I'm not seeing the problem.

Pro Bowler
    Two #1's and a #2 for a #1? Not going to happen in this draft.

Hall of Famer
    problem is there aren't any players really worth trading up that high for in this draft. There isn't a clear cut #1 guy everyone would like to have. It seems like this the most average class of draftees the NFL has had in a long time

If Clowney or Manziel were in this draft I could see teams wanting to trade up but Geno Smith and Star Lotulelei aren't those blue chip type of players every team wants
    KEVIN WYNNE likes this.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    problem is there aren't any players really worth trading up that high for in this draft. There isn't a clear cut #1 guy everyone would like to have. It seems like this the most average class of draftees the NFL has had in a long time

If Clowney or Manziel were in this draft I could see teams wanting to trade up but Geno Smith and Star Lotulelei aren't those blue chip type of players every team wants
    Exactly. Washington's king-sized deal for RG III last year has some people seeing stars. There are simply no RG III-level talents in this draft.

Hall of Famer

We could easily trade down...

Nothing easy about it in this draft. Every single draftnik saying you get the same level of player at no.5 than at no.20. Bad year to have a top 5 pick.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by rdr17 View Post
    It is well below the trade chart values. It's the equivalent of two seconds, or a third and a second to move up. I'm not seeing the problem.
    The problem is trade value chart or not (which is outdated and not used as much as it once was when it first came out anyway) teams arent going to give up picks just to move up if there isnt a player they really really want in the draft they feel they need to move up for. It comes down to supply and demand. The supply isnt top notch so the demand is not going to be very high. Teams will be content with sitting where they are and taking what falls to them in most cases.

Now you never know what GM, owner, HC gets that whim about a player and decides "I HAVE to have that guy no matter what" (Like the Falcons did with Julio Jones and Skins did with RGIII ) but its unlikely that happens with the top of this draft IMO.

corleone is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    The trade value chart is flawed.

For example, the number 1 pick is seen as having a value of 3000. Are you to tell me that Andrew Luck, has the same value as this year's number 1 pick? Luck could have fetched twice what KC could get this year. Different draft classes have different values. For mid-rounders it may be more accurate.
    JimmyJazz and Raiders Baby! like this.

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    You'd have to go KMart special on this year's top 5 picks if you want to move down.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    My point was not about the exact compensation, as you all seem to be hung up on. It was that we could easily trade back if we were to take less in return. You mean to tell me that you don't think we could trade back for a team's 1st this year and their 7th next year? Of course we could. I said my PERFECT scenario would be to pick up a 2nd or 3rd this year and a 1st next year.

Realistically, it is not absurd to trade back out of the top 10 and pick up a 1st rounder next year, or a second rounder this year.

DarkMysTique is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDuck View Post
    And what team is going to give us anywhere near that much to move up?
    Yea i doubt it honestly the most i see us getting is swaping 1st with a team and getting a 2nd rounder unless we trade way way down. But right now if we stay with pick 3 I'm guessing Reggie will go online or Draft Floyed. There is no DE worth taking in the top 10. We need to get a forsure probowl player in the draft im rooting for warmack. I wouldnt mind one of the tackles but i thing guard is more of a need. I also like the Jordan kid form Oregon but his sholder worries me he needs to put on wait. So ya to me if we stay at 3 u can count reggie is going to get a blue chip player and all the DE are not top 10 talent.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by rdr17 View Post
    My point was not about the exact compensation, as you all seem to be hung up on. It was that we could easily trade back if we were to take less in return. You mean to tell me that you don't think we could trade back for a team's 1st this year and their 7th next year? Of course we could. I said my PERFECT scenario would be to pick up a 2nd or 3rd this year and a 1st next year.

Realistically, it is not absurd to trade back out of the top 10 and pick up a 1st rounder next year, or a second rounder this year.
    As it stands right now nobody outside of the top 10 is going to trade up to #3. RG3, Julio Jones and Morris Clayborne were all really hyped coming into the draft and every team coveted them, cant say the same this year no way a team trades the farm for a player in this years draft..

Best case scenario is we trade down within the top 10 a few spots and even that is a longshot

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I predict many disputes will happen in this thread.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information