Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Taiwan moving to CB

Dayg0stylz is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    We should have our offensive line play defensive line this year. They did an AMAZING job of shutting down the run last year. Just ask DMAC.

Hall of Famer
    What kind of sick bastard makes a decision like this?The kid gets blackballed by that moron Knapp and now they figure to move him to CB.Of course DA had to stand by Knapps decision as far as not playing him,it would be foolish to in the grand scheme of things.I,m not saying he doesn,t have some issues but there is no reason whatsoever that he couldn,t have gotten some experience late in games.He came out of college early and has been stuck behind some pretty good RB,s.And yes he has had trouble staying healthy.You mean to tell me late in the season while getting $ canned by the Saints,Bengals,etc we couldn,t give him at least a handful of plays?Why not try to develop him into a David wilson type role ala the Giants.By the sounds of it they vision he could become a decent nickle DB,why even bother?If he,s that bad just cut his @ss and move on while he,s young enough to have a legit shot at getting his career moving forward.I,m not saying he,ll make it if given the chance but he sure hasn,t been given a legit shot.With his athletisism and speed/shiftiness I,d think it would be in our best interest to get a bigger picture of what he can do.If he ****s it up or catches the injury bug the choice is obvious.I hope the move to CB works out and Reggie looks like a genius,Davis proved it can work wonders at times.Personally I just don,t see it working out.

Ok I,m done for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Maybe he could play CB and RB, in addition to covering on kicks, and maybe get his spot back returning kicks. It could be the all Taiwan all the time show here in Oakland.

True BEAST!
    Now thats what I,m talkin aboutJust give,em the rock!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayg0stylz View Post
    We should have our offensive line play defensive line this year. They did an AMAZING job of shutting down the run last year. Just ask DMAC.
    If thats the case Knapp should be our NT in a 3-4.

Hall of Famer

Bandito is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Taiwan is an exceptional athlete, but there's not many 6 ft 195 lb RB's in the NFL, let alone guys that size who can handle the bulk of the carries for an NFL team. Taiwan has also had his injury issues over the years.

The Raiders are very thin at CB...and 6 ft 195 with low 4.3 speed, 40 inch vert, and 13 reps at 225 is ideal for a CB. He's proven himself as a good tackler on special teams. If he can develop into a starting CB, that's worth a hell of a lot more than a backup RB.

I think this is a good move, giving Taiwan a better opportunity to win a starting job, and giving us an exciting young project at CB. Hope Taiwan can make a smooth transition and is a natural at CB.

Worth noting...I remember Taiwan saying he can/is willing to play CB, either before the Raiders drafted him (pro-day) or shortly thereafter...it was before he ever played in the NFL, I'm sure of that.

boston raider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Playing corner was how he got his scholarship to play college ball so lets roll with the "Beast" can't get any worse then it is now

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayg0stylz View Post
    Now that's funny!

Hall of Famer
    He may be the best corner on the team.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman56 View Post
    What kind of sick bastard makes a decision like this?The kid gets blackballed by that moron Knapp and now they figure to move him to CB.Of course DA had to stand by Knapps decision as far as not playing him,it would be foolish to in the grand scheme of things.I,m not saying he doesn,t have some issues but there is no reason whatsoever that he couldn,t have gotten some experience late in games.He came out of college early and has been stuck behind some pretty good RB,s.And yes he has had trouble staying healthy.You mean to tell me late in the season while getting $ canned by the Saints,Bengals,etc we couldn,t give him at least a handful of plays?Why not try to develop him into a David wilson type role ala the Giants.By the sounds of it they vision he could become a decent nickle DB,why even bother?If he,s that bad just cut his @ss and move on while he,s young enough to have a legit shot at getting his career moving forward.I,m not saying he,ll make it if given the chance but he sure hasn,t been given a legit shot.With his athletisism and speed/shiftiness I,d think it would be in our best interest to get a bigger picture of what he can do.If he ****s it up or catches the injury bug the choice is obvious.I hope the move to CB works out and Reggie looks like a genius,Davis proved it can work wonders at times.Personally I just don,t see it working out.

Ok I,m done for now.
    Rainman56 likes this.

StickShift is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Five-a-Side: Eastern Washington's Taiwan Jones | 9news.com

It's easy to forget that Taiwan Jones made 15 tackles in a game as a freshman cornerback at Eastern Washington.
    Towner13 likes this.

Pro Bowler
    Either CB or gunner on SP. He is just not built for a NFL RB play.
    I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
    If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine
    See the white light flashing as I split the night
    Cos if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right

Hells Bells - ACDC

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Ya had to know it was coming

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I have no problem with this move. He is too fragile to play RB.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    If it is even possible to pick attributes from a RB and project them on what that person would be like as a CB, I would say that Taiwan could be one of those quick/ "nagging" type corners who would drive wide outs nuts, because with his speed I would bet he could recover quickly if beat. He is so quick and can contort his body in so many different ways, I could see him making a good coverage corner. I'm a bit shocked they are seriously considering it, and I have to admit, I had always hoped he would break away from the injuries and become an explosive runner. Now, give Pryor some reps at wideout!
    Raider Ran likes this.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information