Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: So whats the deal with the "new" stadium in Oakland?

Chairman of the Board

So whats the deal with the "new" stadium in Oakland?

So now they are reporting the NFL won't give the Raiders any money (not G4 loan) until they get more cooperate and fan support.

Listen dammit, I hate the 49ers with a black heart passion. Hate them. But you got to respect how they market their team. They got Yahoo, UCSF, Charles Schwab and whoever else in their back pocket. Dig this our director here at UCSF told us that UCSF has brought 2 suites at the new Santa Clara stadium at about $200,000 each (per year) for 5 years in return they 49ers will continue to do community/public relations work with our Childrens Hospital and Cancer Facility.

Im just saying where is the sh*t like this going down at in Oakland? Why not reach out to East Bay Big $$$ Cooperations. Pixar Studios is right in Emeryville. George Lucas is a die hard Raider Fan and he just sold Star Wars for 4 billion to Disney. Are the Raiders reaching out at all? Kaiser, Ask.com, Google, Facebook is in Palo Alto....

I know winning helps but sh-t...go out there and make a pitch. Call Tiger Woods is a extreme die hard Raider Fan. Call Tom Hanks (Skyline High) too. Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, MC Hammer, Oaktowns 357, MC Pooh, Too Short. Get us a new godamn stadium!

But seriously...any news from the meeting yesterday??

VEfreak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by POKE View Post
    So now they are reporting the NFL won't give the Raiders any money (not G4 loan) until they get more cooperate and fan support.

Listen dammit, I hate the 49ers with a black heart passion. Hate them. But you got to respect how they market their team. They got Yahoo, UCSF, Charles Schwab and whoever else in their back pocket. Dig this our director here at UCSF told us that UCSF has brought 2 suites at the new Santa Clara stadium at about $200,000 each (per year) for 5 years in return they 49ers will continue to do community/public relations work with our Childrens Hospital and Cancer Facility.

Im just saying where is the sh*t like this going down at in Oakland? Why not reach out to East Bay Big $$$ Cooperations. Pixar Studios is right in Emeryville. George Lucas is a die hard Raider Fan and he just sold Star Wars for 4 billion to Disney. Are the Raiders reaching out at all? Kaiser, Ask.com, Google, Facebook is in Palo Alto....

I know winning helps but sh-t...go out there and make a pitch. Call Tiger Woods is a extreme die hard Raider Fan. Call Tom Hanks (Skyline High) too. Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, MC Hammer, Oaktowns 357, MC Pooh, Too Short. Get us a new godamn stadium!

That's why we were looking into Ray Anderson and other candidates for team president. We need people who can operate the business side of things. The 49ers have been at it for years, we're just getting started with reaching out now that Al is gone.

I know the situation in Oakland is dire, but it is going to take more time to transition into the modern era of football

Hall of Famer

Yeah, Pixar could get involved with some "Emperor Zurg" angle.......Lucas could buy the rights to name the new stadium "The Death Star"........as far as MC Pooh......I'm not gonna pretend to know who he is, but I'd rather not have any more poo associated with Raiders than they already have.

raiderjohn622 is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Kidd actually owns a suite for Raider games. he got it when they first moved back. As for the others, don't know. Magic Johnson was also known to roam the sidelines, how much he owns don't know that either, but Magic alone is a walking company. MC Hammer went bankrupt.

You need corporate dollars and well companies think of it as an investment. They use suites/tickets as an incentive to contract with their company. Now do you want to send prospective clients to first, one of the worst stadiums in the NFL? 2nd do you want to sit them through a beat down? Sure you show them that we're building a solid program and it'd great if you'd already own a suite before the winning rush hits.

As for advertising, when only 50,000 is your average, you won't be plunking down the sponsorship money say.....the Cowboys are getting in Jones Stadium.
    Raider Ran and IERaiderFan like this.

Luca_Brasi is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    My opinion is we are never getting a stadium under current ownership.
    Any stadium deal would require a partnership of some sort, something the Raiders do not want. They want a new stadium just for them, they want it free and they will not share the pie with anyone.

The ONLY way (this is a longshot) I can see us getting a new stadium is to build this team into a POWERHOUSE, kick everyone's butt on the field that companies will fight each other to be involved with the Raiders.

Chairman of the Board
    Hey yall the MC Pooh and MC Hammer thang was a joke.

We all know Hammer ain't balling like he used to. I saw him perform last year at the Oakland Art and Soul Festival and this boy had on a Felix Tuxedo and a wave cap still doing the type writer....lol

2 Legit 2 Quit
    Raider Ran likes this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Yesterday Raider_Ran posted some info about the meeting, which apparently included discussion about Warriors, A's and Raiders. Sadly ,the fools (who want to see the Raiders move to Los Angeles) stepped all over the thread, and it was closed.

Chairman of the Board

You have to remember previous ownership/management wasn't all that great at harboring and developing relationships with those that could help with some funding. Mark Davis, Amy Trask et. al. have their work cut out for them to break down barriers. It's not going to be an easy process, but if they are being sincere about staying in the area I think they can build those relationships with those with money... it won't be an overnight thing!
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Hall of Famer
    On a tangent.....what happened to bay alarm?

They get sick of being associated with us or did they go under?

I used to work for them years and years ago, I'd be bummed if they went kaput.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    At this point, who the heck knows?
    POKE likes this.
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by FROZEN View Post
    On a tangent.....what happened to bay alarm?

They get sick of being associated with us or did they go under?

I used to work for them years and years ago, I'd be bummed if they went kaput.
    They still around. Were they sponsering the Raiders? I never knew. I have ADT but I hear Bay Alarm is decent.

Hall of Famer
    George Lucas could probably fund half the stadium cost with spare change laying around the house, dude is loaded.

Hall of Famer
    They still around. Were they sponsering the Raiders? I never knew. I have ADT but I hear Bay Alarm is decent.
    Cool.....yeah I don't know how much of a sponsor they were, but they had a huge sign inside the stadium.

Hall of Famer
    Here’s the deal:

The Raiders have not even submitted an application to the NFL for a G4 loan (the believed amount will be between $150-$200 million), so they HAVE NOT been turned down.

With that being said, when the NFL last met with the Raiders, City of Oakland, and County of Alameda, they told all parties that if they indeed sought a G4 loan from the league, then they would need to show increased corporate and business sponsorship and interest for the league to believe in loaning them that large amount of money.

The Raiders have done a great job of outreaching into the community over the past 2-3 years, but have done a terrible job of fostering new relationships in the corporate and business world of the East Bay. That is why suite sales are low, and they are not thriving even during down seasons.

The City of Oakland and the Raiders are working incredibly hard (behind the scenes) to foster these new corporate and business partnerships, because that G4 loan is going to be needed to build the Raiders that new facility in Oakland.
    Eastbay39 likes this.

raiderjohn622 is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider187 View Post
    Here’s the deal:

The Raiders have not even submitted an application to the NFL for a G4 loan (the believed amount will be between $150-$200 million), so they HAVE NOT been turned down.

With that being said, when the NFL last met with the Raiders, City of Oakland, and County of Alameda, they told all parties that if they indeed sought a G4 loan from the league, then they would need to show increased corporate and business sponsorship and interest for the league to believe in loaning them that large amount of money.

The Raiders have done a great job of outreaching into the community over the past 2-3 years, but have done a terrible job of fostering new relationships in the corporate and business world of the East Bay. That is why suite sales are low, and they are not thriving even during down seasons.

The City of Oakland and the Raiders are working incredibly hard (behind the scenes) to foster these new corporate and business partnerships, because that G4 loan is going to be needed to build the Raiders that new facility in Oakland.
    Yea, Al seems to have burned bridges and thrown the tools away to repair said bridge...and toss in the other team's new Stadium and Super Bowl appearance. Easy to understand where corporated dollar is going.
    RaiderFunk likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information