Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Philip Wheeler on “Movi’n the Chains”

Hall of Famer

Philip Wheeler on “Movin' the Chains”

Philip Wheeler was just on NFL Radio “Movin' the Chains” with Jason Horowitz and Pat Kirwan.
    He sounded like he was expecting to come back with the Raiders next year. Pat Kirwin says he doesn’t think there’s much chance Wheeler comes back next year. He claims our cap problems will keep us from offering a big contract and that it will be easy for some team to outbid us.
    They made mention about us being in a bad cap spot with 8 starters from last year being free agents.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I was just going to post this..
    He does seem optimistic to remain a Raider...
    Kirwin tried to pimp him off to KC.
    Hope we can get a deal done.
    Would really like to keep him!
    If we lose him, look for Raiders to depend on no name rookies, and another year or two of below. 500
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

tgautier13 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Its nice to hear Phillip Wheeler sounding like he wants to be in Oakland next season. Most of the time, free agents will try to remain as PC and neutral in off season interviews as possible. Here's to getting that deal done along with Desmond Bryant's!

Chef is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    anyone got a link to this interview for people who don't subscribe? would be appreciated.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    last time he said he chose oakland because fans blew up his twitter telling him to come..he loves fan support so blow it up if you want im back

raiderfan3184 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Hopefully he comes back along with bryant
    Raider Ran and DustInTheWind like this.

Rookie
    I hope to see him back he was my favorite Raider last season and one of the only ones who played like they gave a sh*t.
    Raider Ran and Samurai Raider like this.

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I think the Raider organization feels as many of us, that Wheeler and Bryant stood out (not even Bryant really stood out IMHO) on an extremely bad defense surrounded by sub par talent by NFL standards.

Think Wheeler is Raiders priority though, Reggie and DA always say how he embodies what a football player is. Although it did say something when DA was listing leaders and did not mention Wheelers name even though he had the mic'd helmet. Personally I think/hope a deal gets done.

As for Bryant. In a very small DT FA market, somehow he had managed to be one of the highest rated. This will cause someone to overspend for him and save us some money. Again just my opinion.

Refreshing knowing we no longer jump the gun and overspend for mediocre players.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

mad stork 83 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    Philip Wheeler was just on NFL Radio “Movin' the Chains” with Jason Horowitz and Pat Kirwan.
    He sounded like he was expecting to come back with the Raiders next year. Pat Kirwin says he doesn’t think there’s much chance Wheeler comes back next year. He claims our cap problems will keep us from offering a big contract and that it will be easy for some team to outbid us.
    They made mention about us being in a bad cap spot with 8 starters from last year being free agents.
    I think it is really a smart move for wheeler (and all players) to say this. By saying this, it shows the current team that he is loyal to them which increases his value to us. It also shows prospective teams that they are going to have to pay to get him out of our clutches which increases his value to the other teams.

I hope he stays as he out played his contract from last season but I am not willing to pay a king's ransom for him because he wasn't elite. He is a solid player that we need to bring back if the price is right.
    Ratim and JUSTWINBABY9111 like this.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I really hope we are able to bring him back.
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

UtahRaider78 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    It was nice combined with Burris to see some guys that gave a shyt. Slowlando not included. Hopefully we can get him locked up at a reasonable price.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by coogi View Post
    last time he said he chose oakland because fans blew up his twitter telling him to come..he loves fan support so blow it up if you want im back
    That was the last thing he said..
    "Can I tell all the listeners out there my twitter account "?
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    Yeah I heard it too, and it really sounds like he wants to stay in Oakland. I sure hope we can get something done with this kid. He is young, and cares! We need a lot more players like him, and we can contend!

Hall of Famer
    Just out of curiosity, when was the last time someone acted like they really wanted to stay in Oakland??
    huggeebear likes this.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when was the last time someone acted like they really wanted to stay in Oakland??
    That's one of the things I admire about Philip...
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information