Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I predict Wheeler will leave and what that means

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF_Sgt View Post
    Raiders were the only team that gave him a chance...hence the one year contract. I think he stays.
    Not true it was reported that he had a few offers but chose Raiders because our gan base recruited him hard on twitter and he loved that.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    Whether he wants to leave and sign with a more competitive team is up to him, but Reggie knows we need him back.
    Simple and direct. This is really the point. He's the number one priority for RM. If he loses Wheeler and Desmond Bryan in his first full off season, I might just give up... Sh1t aint worth the sorrow.
    --------------------------------

"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out”

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby Ford View Post
    Not true it was reported that he had a few offers but chose Raiders because our gan base recruited him hard on twitter and he loved that.
    To twitter we go then!
    R8RRICK and raider95nation like this.

Hall of Famer
    People like to be part of building something, which is why startups can be so cool. And, more importantly, he's darn near guaranteed to land a starting gig here in Oakland.

Hall of Famer
    I doubt he goes anywhere. He signed with the Raiders because he likes the fans and also likes the D scheme and how he's used in it. He never would have had 100+ tackles and the chance to make plays somewhere else like he did this year. He was mostly under utilized by the Colts in the Tampa 2 scheme. He's able to come off the line and pass rush along with chase down runners. His coverage skills are a little lacking but I say he stays with a 3 year deal from RM and takes more of a leadership role this season

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    People like to be part of building something, which is why startups can be so cool. And, more importantly, he's darn near guaranteed to land a starting gig here in Oakland.
    Darn near is an understatement. He is one of the lone bright spots on that D. The peanut in the turd. The good part of a horrible movie (Think Jennifer Anniston river swimming scene in "Just go with it")... He is like one kid on Disney Kids Incorporated that wasn't hooked on coke by age 13. To the Raiders what Justin Timberlake is to the backstreet boys (Or whatever boy band that was... the one that made it is the point). He is "nap time" to a mom that has 4 kids.

If Reggie knew what was good for him, he should be offering his own personal office plus handies from his choice of Raiderette as a sign on bonus.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Towner13 View Post
    Simple and direct. This is really the point. He's the number one priority for RM. If he loses Wheeler and Desmond Bryant in his first full off season, I might just give up... Sh1t aint worth the sorrow.
    Very true. These are two best free agents were have. Losing both will be just a terrible day for Raiders fans. Losing just one will sting like hell. But, put yourselves in their shoes. You are in your prime. That means you should be able to get a multi-year deal. Loyalty to Raiders fans will mean little when multi-millions are being put before you. Very few players make their decisions based on good will.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RunOvrByHubbard View Post
    Very true. These are two best free agents were have. Losing both will be just a terrible day for Raiders fans. Losing just one will sting like hell. But, put yourselves in their shoes. You are in your prime. That means you should be able to get a multi-year deal. Loyalty to Raiders fans will mean little when multi-millions are being put before you. Very few players make their decisions based on good will.
    I agree that the cases, even outside of Fan Loyalty, are not strong with regard to reasoning to stay with the Raiders. (Neither Desmond nor Wheeler are West Coast dudes, they barely know Allen and RM{1 yr}, The direction of the ship is TEAM ADMITTEDLY not up and away, They're likely losing their veteran leaders in Seymour and Kelly and as a capstone... Raiders are not a team with cap to spare to pony up anyway... )

It does not look promising if people thought they were going to give some super team friendly discount to stay. Although, The feel of loyalty can come from a numbmer of places. You pay them well now and in the future and tell them they are going to be known as "the Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs of the West, bringing the Raiders back to prominance" . These guys have been getting hard sold on bull sh1t gimmicks like that since they chose where to sign out of High School... Ok, Maybe not Harvard boy Desmond, but you know what I mean

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

I predict Wheeler will leave and what that means

Unfortunately, I think anyone who has a chance to get out of Oakland at this point, will.

Veteran
    Wasn't it a week or two ago that 95.7 The Game reported Philip Wheeler was close to signing a 2-3 year extension. Whatever happened to that?

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Towner13 View Post
    My Brother threw a major hissy fit ont he Huff pick and walked out of the room, left our draft party and said.... I can't believe they left Matt Leinert on the board

Now, Huff aint Ed Reed. But Leinert is not even Tim Couch!
    Thats funny stuff. Its a perfect example about why you cant get too emotional about the draft. Guys you would sell your left nut to have on your team go somewhere else and you never hear about again in the following seasons. So it turned out they weren't the game changing icon phenomenons you thought they were. Draftees are a product that really good salesman are trying to get fan bases to buy,and thats about it.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

FLORIDARAYDAH is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I like the guy and the energy he brings.I hope we keep him.But lets be real he is a fringe starter on 75% of the teams in the NFL,I dont see people opening the vault for him.He is a guaranteed starter in Oakland.We cant sign anyone until we get under the cap,for all we know a deal could be worked out already.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    100+ tackles and the best player on our defense.....100+ tackles sticks out,there will be outside interest.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    100+ tackles and the best player on our defense.....100+ tackles sticks out,there will be outside interest.....
    Wheeler's name is getting thrown around as a potential FA acquisition by Bills and Bears fans.

MrRaider509 is offline Banned
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    Whether he wants to leave and sign with a more competitive team is up to him, but Reggie knows we need him back.

I disagree, i think wheeler as an avarage LB on a horrable "D" Squad. Let em walk !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information