Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Pryor in Pistol

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaraider! View Post
    Anybody has the opportunity to improve, so your FACT is just straight common sense! You can make that case for any player, not just the ones you like.
    '
    Oh lawd.

Before you and others said he'll eventually switch positions (based on virtually nothing). I was simply saying he, in his third year, once again has a shot at being an NFL QB. Simple!

To say he has shown improvement since the preseason is funny to me.
    anybody not blinded by hate sees the improvement from his first preseason game up until his last regular season game. I would list the things he has improved on, but that would require an opposition that's rational, which you're lacking on your part.

The guy hardly played, or got any reps, and he looked good in his last preseason game, hard to say he did or didn't improve.
    okay, now you're starting to sound rational. I'll share with you what I've saw him improve in:
    -Pocket awareness (he only left the pocket when he felt the pressure)
    -Looked to throw first (every single snap, he looked to throw first, before it was one read, panic and run. watch the film)
    -Command of the huddle (Not one false start or ill-advised time out the entire game, players were lined up correctly)
    -Leadership (goes without saying)

things he needs to work on:
    -setting his feet into his throws, which should correct:
    • accuracy
    • ball trajectory
    • velocity

right now, he may be the most athletic QB in the league when you think of terms of speed, height, and strength. Just as strong as cam newton, just as fast as RG3. The way he shrugs off DE's with a stiff arm frightens me. It's a no brainer to do everything imaginable to get this guy up to speed, because there's nobody in the league like him

all the intangibles you want in a player are all there, I really don't see why more people arent getting behind him.

Pryor has a great work ethic, and attitude, I just don't think he is the future of this franchise, or any franchise for that matter, not at QB.
    But you have no substance to back up why you feel this way

let the guy get some reps, put a little investment in the guy and let him prove himself.

sitting back watching buckeye videos and repeating what other bitter old men on here say on a daily basis doesn't make that opinion any more valid.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    '
    Oh lawd.

Before you and others said he'll eventually switch positions (based on virtually nothing). I was simply saying he, in his third year, once again has a shot at being an NFL QB. Simple!

anybody not blinded by hate sees the improvement from his first preseason game up until his last regular season game. I would list the things he has improved on, but that would require an opposition that's rational, which you're lacking on your part.

okay, now you're starting to sound rational. I'll share with you what I've saw him improve in:
    -Pocket awareness (he only left the pocket when he felt the pressure)
    -Looked to throw first (every single snap, he looked to throw first, before it was one read, panic and run. watch the film)
    -Command of the huddle (Not one false start or ill-advised time out the entire game, players were lined up correctly)
    -Leadership (goes without saying)

things he needs to work on:
    -setting his feet into his throws, which should correct:
    • accuracy
    • ball trajectory
    • velocity

right now, he may be the most athletic QB in the league when you think of terms of speed, height, and strength. Just as strong as cam newton, just as fast as RG3. The way he shrugs off DE's with a stiff arm frightens me. It's a no brainer to do everything imaginable to get this guy up to speed, because there's nobody in the league like him

all the intangibles you want in a player are all there, I really don't see why more people arent getting behind him.

But you have no substance to back up why you feel this way

let the guy get some reps, put a little investment in the guy and let him prove himself.

sitting back watching buckeye videos and repeating what other bitter old men on here say on a daily basis doesn't make that opinion any more valid.
    How is it hate when I have stated many times I like the kid? You say I watch old Buckeye tapes, and repeat what other old men on the board say, shows you know sh!t about me. I have my opinion, you have yours, you do not like mine so naturally I am wrong. Wow arrogant much! Grow the fvck up and realize that just because somebody elses opinion differs from yours does not mean they are wrong. I do not think Pryor has what it takes to be a NFL QB, I hope he proves me wrong(as a Raider). You have nothing to prove your theory I have nothing to prove mine I guess as Cheap says Time will tell!
    stork44 likes this.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Wow somebody is reaching here. Kaep. is light years ahead of Pryor in everything that a QB needs to do, including anticipation! I am not a huge Kaep. fan, but Pryor isn't even close to being an NFL QB IMO.
    i'm not reaching at all bro, and I like Kaep. The announcers even stated it during the game. He can LEAD his receivers just fine, but that's not the same as anticipating throws which he does not do consistently or even most of the time right now. He waits until he thinks his receiver is either wide open, or open enough to where he can drill it in. He almost got picked one time doing that because instead of throwing it when his receiver came out of his break he hesitated, pumped it, then threw it and the db was able to close in on it and almost make the int if Kaep didn't have such a cannon...

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    How is it hate when I have stated many times I like the kid? You say I watch old Buckeye tapes, and repeat what other old men on the board say, shows you know sh!t about me. I have my opinion, you have yours, you do not like mine so naturally I am wrong. Wow arrogant much! Grow the fvck up and realize that just because somebody elses opinion differs from yours does not mean they are wrong. I do not think Pryor has what it takes to be a NFL QB, I hope he proves me wrong(as a Raider). You have nothing to prove your theory I have nothing to prove mine I guess as Cheap says Time will tell!
    I guess when you tell the truth about Pryor, some throw out the hater label.. At least he hasn't called you a racist, or has he? lol
    stork44 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderman123 View Post
    Did anyone really like how the 49ers run their pistol? How could Pryor, McFadden, Reece, and either Taiwan Jones/FA RB or 2013 draftee not succeed in that style of offense? Would you like to see us running the pistol?
    Wow, I can't breathe. Just the thought. I mean,
    EmeraldCityR8r likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Live.B.A.Raida View Post
    i'm not reaching at all bro, and I like Kaep. The announcers even stated it during the game. He can LEAD his receivers just fine, but that's not the same as anticipating throws which he does not do consistently or even most of the time right now. He waits until he thinks his receiver is either wide open, or open enough to where he can drill it in. He almost got picked one time doing that because instead of throwing it when his receiver came out of his break he hesitated, pumped it, then threw it and the db was able to close in on it and almost make the int if Kaep didn't have such a cannon...
    O.k. Not disagreeing, but how can you say Pryor is any better when he played one game with a bunch of lob passes? One game can not tell you that he can anticipate throws. All his throws were lobs so not so sure it was anticipation, and not just throwing to a spot.

Dirt Dog is offline Banned
    Pro Bowler
    O.k. Not disagreeing, but how can you say Pryor is any better when he played one game with a bunch of lob passes? One game can not tell you that he can anticipate throws. All his throws were lobs so not so sure it was anticipation, and not just throwing to a spot.
    This is not even close to accurate. Pryor had some dang good throws.

Nobody knows what Pryor is gonna do or be in the NFL.

What I want is for the Raiders to give him a shot before we invest in another qb. We are rebuilding so the time is right.

Going 4-12 with Palmer is worse in my eyes then going "whatever record" rebuilding a team around a new young qb, Pryor or a rookie like G Smith.

chiefsandkiefs is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblood View Post
    The piston is just like the wildcat was. A gimick play that the college ranks ran. They installed it into the NFL, it lasted a while and then faded away. The pistol will do that same.
    shows how much you know. there is a huge difference between the pistol and the wildcat. one is a formation that can threaten a defense through the ground OR air. the wildcat is mainly a running formation and much more of a gimmick because no true wildcat qb can actually throw. the most unstoppable wildcat player from a few years ago was ronnie brown. he had the ability to throw once in a while when the defense is caught off guard, but nobody was really scared of him as a passer. in the pistol the threat to run or pass is both equally dangerous.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Same guy
    You da man ecnirp!

B-E-A-S-T!!!
    ecnirp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The only reason I can't see a true pistol lasting more than 2-3 years, is the brutality, the physicality and abuse the QB will take for it. Baltimore was already sending a scout to shove Kaep on almost every run play. Some thoughts in the league circle is that they need to make .......drum roll...... new rules to protect the QB out of the pocket on an option. Either way, I don't like it for Pryor at this point, now if you bring in Tebow and let him do it, fine. But Pryor is just trying to get command of being an NFL QB, throwing another wrinkle, too much for the kid.

Eventually you'll see maybe half of the designed QB runs next year, I mean RG3 took a hell of a beating and can a franchise afford that a blind side hit, a hit low, sure you get 15 yards, but if that means 4-8 weeks without your franchise player, OC's will think twice.
    TheWis76 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Excellent point that I failed to mention... your back ups will need to have similar skill sets... and on this level, they aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Injury will surely be a factor going forward with these offenses.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Found this interesting

SBreport ‏@SBreport
    Think Raiders should bail on Terrelle Pryor? Colin Kaepernick had 0 TD's, 5 INT's, took 8 sacks, fumbled twice in first 4 preseason games.

Also..Looks like Streeter/Pryor are back in Oakland in the playbook or maybe this is something else.

Photo by kicksquad7 • Instagram

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Found this interesting

SBreport ‏@SBreport
    Think Raiders should bail on Terrelle Pryor? Colin Kaepernick had 0 TD's, 5 INT's, took 8 sacks, fumbled twice in first 4 preseason games.

Also..Looks like Streeter/Pryor are back in Oakland in the playbook or maybe this is something else.

Photo by kicksquad7 • Instagram
    share your thoughts...

the haters will pretend they never saw that post

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityR8r View Post
    Pryor and Kapernick are similar but Kap has a elite level arm, I think Pryor can still be effective but Pryor would never be in kap's league IMO
    Kap has a freakin rocket for an arm. Pryor has the polar opposite. That doesn't mean he can't succeed, it just means he's not in Kap's league. That, and Kap's team doesn't suck, nor does his HC.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LINQ View Post
    Kap has a freakin rocket for an arm. Pryor has the polar opposite. That doesn't mean he can't succeed, it just means he's not in Kap's league. That, and Kap's team doesn't suck, nor does his HC.
    I always felt people viewed the Kaep/Pryor thing wrong. They are so different as passers. Its like comparing Brett Favre to Chad Pennington. Same as comparing Joe Flacco to Matt Ryan. Different skillset. They play two different games, mostly because of the difference in arm strength. Kaepernick is probably in the top 3 or 4 in the league in terms of arm strength.

Pryor needs to get to an Alex Smith level of consistency/accuracy/zip. If he at least gets to that level...combined with his athleticism...we might have something.

There is no shame in saying Pryor isnt in Kaep's league as a passer.....few guys are (I'm talking arm strength, zip, etc.)

Pryor has got to improve to adequate (for the NFL..) level of consistency in terms of zip/accuracy......will he? We'll find out in due time.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information