Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree328Likes

Thread: McKenzie says 'the culture will change' in Oakland

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Live.B.A.Raida View Post
    People aren't allowed to change their minds? He would probably still be saying the same thing had Knapp been retained and they were still trying to force a scheme that doesn't suit the players. Maybe he's getting on board because RM showed he's willing to recognize a mistake and try to correct it?
    Seriously. To be 100% clear though, I'm not totally on board with RM but like I said, the recent coaching changes and the last couple of interviews of his has me thinking I could very well be wrong about him.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    null
    Only u would come up with such a stupid interpretation of a quote. Smh.

RAIDERS64 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    "The greatness of the Raiders is in it's future." -Al Davis

Build it Reggie , They will come !
    I believe !

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Name 1 single poster here who thinks we have a SB team even with a great coach...
    I can name a few, one of them recently posted in this thread

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    I have to say this dude has slowly made me believe in what he's tryin to do. With all the rumors out there last season, I was terrified he was married to the whole "specific scheme" idea and wanted to scrap anything and everything related to Al Davis no matter what the cost. With the recent coaching changes, it seems that is not true at all. RM seems genuine and focused on the task at hand and I can get behind that 100%. As long as they recognize the problems and correct them as they go along, I am cool with it. I have to make myself believe that if Dennis Allen is indeed not the right guy for the job that Reggie McKenzie will make a change there. If this next season is anything as bad as last season, I hope the change is quick and painless. We put up with enough stubbornness from AD to last a lifetime. We don't need anymore of it.
    Wow someones tune has change very quickly, wonder if it has to do with trying to make a few bucks from then members here?

What you just posted is what i and alot of others here have said, sh1t will not change over night it will take some time to get this right. You may be right about DA and you may be wrong, we could have gone 0-16 last year and he would have kept his job. Im 100% sure that RM knows what kind of players he currently has and he will blame them before he blames DA for our sh1t seasons. Once the cancer are gone and RM/DA havbe THEIR guys DA will have zero excuses.

90% of this board pissed and moaned for Al to hire a GM, now we have one and anyone who thought or thinks that this would be a quick fix needs to be riding the short bus to work or school.

blackandblued is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    crickets...
    Name 1 single poster here who thinks we have a SB team even with a great coach...

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    Different take on Pryor than what has been reported/posted previously.

Per Reggie: "he’s competing for his job" and repeated it in the next sentence.

Reading between the lines, Pryor is NOT competing for the starting role. He IS competing to remain on this roster.
    The guys at NFL radio really ran with Reggies words of allowing TP to compete. When I saw them tweet that he said Pryor would be given opportunity to start I thought that was hilarious because RM never said that in the interview. He only said the exact same thing he said the previous year... that TP (everyone else too) will be given a chance to compete and see what they can do in the pre season.

A true play on words.
    djh_raider likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I love hearing from this guy. i love the attitude. RM is a fighter.

One thing that impresses me the most about RM and DA is that they are willing to learn from mistakes and make changes quickly. The off season moves so far are impressive and show that they aren't stubborn.

Excited for the season.

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    A quick fix over night and you have the J-E-T-S a cluster**** that started fast and will burnout soon while never REALLY doing anything. Hopefully by building a foundation and making moves fans cant see right away and probably know nothing about will turn us into the next dynasty everybody hates.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

WinLoseTie83 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Personally, I'm excited about this team. The beauty of this whole situation is that we can only grow from last year. Year 2 of this McKenzie experience can only go up. Unless it doesn't, which is a totally different thread.

raidertilldeath is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Not according to the RFN experts...
    These arm chair GM's on this board are too stupid for their own good! And YES it's 'refreshing' to see this change taking place! It's about 20 years over due!!
    foodisgood70 and xcraider37 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Just Do It!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    For the millionth time, I don't hate Reggie McKenzie or Dennis Allen. I still think Dennis Allen was a bad hire and I don't believe in him as our head coach. Does that make you happy?! Read my post again. I said Reggie has "slowly made me believe" in what he's doing. It's things like this recent interview with him along with the recent coaching changes/hires that give me some hope. Like another poster mentioned, had they kept Knapp around and continued trying to shove what wasn't working down our throats, I'd be speaking a very different tune. I am willing to give credit where credit is due. I'm not some blind hater like you're trying to make me out to be. btw my opinions about Dennis Allen or Reggie McKenzie have nothing to do with a t-shirt idea, but nice try in your sabotage efforts. I still don't hate you ;)
    Personally I think having the ability to change ones mind is a sign of intelligence.......It's those who never do that scare me.

P.S. I believe AL had an ongoing good relationship with Reggie McKenzie....Somebody correct me if I'm wrong....
    Al was friends with a lot of people who would never work for him.....
    crizpynutz and kinz like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayso View Post
    Straight forward and true. It takes time, cannot overturn a culture of a team in 1 year after having the decades of corruption we had. R.I.P. Al, but he really put the Raiders in a hole.

I believe and trust Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen. Rookies or not (which they aren't anymore), they're the right men for the job. We'll get rolling with our offense next year and hopefully be a little dangerous. If we can score in the red-zone and get our WR's actually catching balls then we can do some damage. Now that McFadden has his Power Scheme back (not only he was used to, but the Linemen, too) I feel we're going to be pretty dangerous.

Dennis Allen is doing good things with the defense and we need to give him more time to get players / coach the current ones up. We saw progress and improvement with the Defense with different players. We're not too far off from being competitive (When I say competitive I don't mean playoffs. I mean actually looking like a team and not getting blown out every game)

Time is what every coach needs. Not everyone is Jim Harbaugh (although I'd argue the fact that he got put into a situation with an obvious more amount of talent than the Raiders ever sniffed in the past 8 years) and can turn around a team in 1 year. Most coaches take 2 - 4 years if not longer. Time is what the Raiders need to change the culture and I believe it'll happen.
    i dont believe that. hes better than most #3 qb we are gonna get. Pryor can be an affective No.1 QB and lead a team to wins, heck hes a game changer and can probably win a game on his legs. well give him some more time to learn a 3rd system and see where it goes. the upside is too big to let him get away for another #3 that is just another learner.

RAIDERSUBEEZY is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I hope he really means the RAIDER WAY!!!.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information