Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Carson Palmer

raiders_fan67 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Carson Palmer

I support Carson 100% and Pryor will never lead us to a Superbowl. I am glad we have him for back up but, there is a lot more to being a quarterback than just running. You people wanting to cut Carson make no sense at all. You have no clue about football at all. Say we cut Carson and start Pryor and it doesn't work out. What do you do if Carson is gone and who backs up Pryor. Who will our 3 QB's be if Carson is gone. What a ****ing mess it would be. Carson has what it takes and sorry you guys have no clue. Glad Reggie and Dennis are running the Raiders

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Someone take this man's stick please, I don't think the dead horse can take anymore

Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Again:

[quote]
    Originally Posted by raiders_fan67:
    Pryor might be athletic but we would never win a Superbowl with him. The ones that want Carson gone sure don't know what it takes to win it all. They have no clue
    LMFAO. [\quote]

This post after a Super Bowl that will feature a QB who has similar skillets to Pryor and who was considered more "raw" coming out of college than Pryor.

This post after a playoff season that featured 3 running quarterbacks with similar skillets.

This post after this season when 4 young Quartbacks with nearly identical skillets coming out of college:

Went 32-20 win/loss record
    Lead 3 of their teams to the playoffs
    Averaged 63% completion percentage
    Threw for combined 12,000 yards (3,000 avg)
    Threw for 75 touchdowns
    Threw just 30 interceptions
    Averaged a 96.7 QB rating
    Rushed for a combined 2,460 yards
    Rushed for an additional 24 touchdowns

Yup, they have no clue! LMFAO.

It's a good thing that Harbaugh didn't buy into your theory.

For clarification I'm not saying Pryor will or even could be as good as RGIII, Kaepernick, Newton and Wilson. Just saying that coming our of college most of them fit the same category as Pryor with similar skillets.

The point is, of you take a kid with that skillet, build an offense around him and his strengths, there's no reason to believe you can't win a Super Bowl with him or that a guy like Palmer gives you any better chance.
    OAKLAND 89 likes this.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Put the o'douls down buddy, it ain't that serious.

Marlo Black is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Carson Palmer

We already a mess with his bum ass. Some leader.

He's making too much money to get garbage time yards and suck on this team. He's gotta go…
    AF1PIMPN likes this.

Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    I think on an overall "Good" team, Carson has all the tools to be a top flight QB. Unfortunately, this team cannot offer that. I think CP3 deserves to have the opportunity to win. At his age, he isn't leading this team anywhere.

raidernationbmw is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    In Carson i trust!!! But you guys have to admit that the Quarterback position in the NFL is transforming into mobile Qb's that also have cannons for a arm as you guys watched the RGIII's and Kapernicks starting the trend. Pockets Qb's days are over i tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
    Carson will start next year. I'm pretty confident he will beat out Pryor easily in a competition. Carson is the teacher and Pryor the student. People who think he is in the mold of RG3,Wilson, or Kap hopefully will grow to realize that Pryor will have to work hard to become more like them. If he keeps up his work ethic he might start for us some day but i think its several years down the road. Carson is a quality QB who can still make the throws necessary to win games he just can't carry the team. Get dmac rolling again and we will do better. Cutting DHB and bringing in a good wr wouldn't hurt either. Pryor would have a better shot at success in 2 years anyway if we can get our line somewhat rebuilt by then there really is no need to rush a young QB onto the field on a team that isn't competitve yet. There are just too many problems to be ironed out to think Pryor can be hugely successful next year even if he played well IMO. More of a chance he will just get hurt while playing for a losing ballclub.
    HurrikaneSensei likes this.

Hall of Famer

Carson Palmer

Raiders707 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I think everything that has been said in this thread has been reiterated by members repeatedly for the past 2 years.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raidernationbmw View Post
    In Carson i trust!!! But you guys have to admit that the Quarterback position in the NFL is transforming into mobile Qb's that also have cannons for a arm as you guys watched the RGIII's and Kapernicks starting the trend. Pockets Qb's days are over i tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disagree. Both kinds will flourish. The day will never come when a pocket QB with talent like Manning or Brady won't be elite in this game. Mobile QB's on the other hand tend to take a beating so it remains to be seen what kind of shelf life these guys really have but i do think the mobile QB is here to stay it's just a question of how many really good are really out there?

Cam was a sensation last year i am beginning to wonder with his attitude if he will become the next vince young? He seems to have trouble with discipline. RG3 and Wilson on the other hand are everything you want in a young QB i really think they have a bright future but then again so does Luck and he is a pocket passer for sure.

Raiderman123 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    For 13 million he can go. He wont take us to a super bowl either. Its a new era of quarterback and Pryor is a winner
    AF1PIMPN likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I like Carson and think he's a good QB, could even be great. But at some point we've got to look at his results. His W-L record stunk with the Bengals for his last years there. We blame it on Cincy dysfunction.
    His first year here his results were mixed. We blamed it on “getting off the couch” and “Bresnahan’s defense”
    This past year he had decent stats but couldn’t put up points and we’re gonna blame it on “Knapp” and “zone blocking”
    Palmer better come out firing on all cylinders this year, cause the excuses are piling up and at some point Quarterbacks are like coaches and presidents… “The buck stops here”.

Side note: unless your name is Barack Obama, then you and the press can continue to say the “The buck still stops with George bush”.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlo Black View Post
    We already a mess with his bum ass. Some leader.

He's making too much money to get garbage time yards and suck on this team. He's gotta go
    Well......he's not so....

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. -George Carlin-

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosttothepost View Post
    disagree. Both kinds will flourish. The day will never come when a pocket QB with talent like Manning or Brady won't be elite in this game. Mobile QB's on the other hand tend to take a beating so it remains to be seen what kind of shelf life these guys really have but i do think the mobile QB is here to stay it's just a question of how many really good are really out there?

Cam was a sensation last year i am beginning to wonder with his attitude if he will become the next vince young? He seems to have trouble with discipline. RG3 and Wilson on the other hand are everything you want in a young QB i really think they have a bright future but then again so does Luck and he is a pocket passer for sure.
    I'm not sure RG3 will last another year if he and Washington keep playing the same way.
    I heard Bill Parcells talking about how defenses will adjust to this read option stuff. He said if he was coaching against it he would have the d-end simply forget about the back, send the d-end straight at the QB and blow his arse up even if he hands it off. Hit the QB every time he runs read option. Teams will stop running it if their QB is getting blown up every time they run it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information