Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Carson Palmer

Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    All I see in this thread are people riding on the Pryor bandwagon and degrading Palmer for every single thing he does wrong but block out everything he does good.

I'm not saying Palmer is the guy who can lead us back to glory, but give the guy some support at least...RM has said the best player will play. If Pryor, who has great determination and a great work ethic, fixes his QB mechanics and shows that he is good enough to lead this team by being a leader(which we saw against the Chargers..), can read and break down defenses...He might get a chance to play...

I'm looking at this positively, at least we finally have some competition at QB..This is what builds depth and you get the best out of both QB's...

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    You know its funny...

Palmer believes in Pryor's QB abilities more than most of the "Palmer fans"

Pryor believes in Carson's need to be here more than the "Pryor fans"

I'm not sold on both....but I do think I'm the most fair/balanced.

Palmer needs another year for cap purposes, gives us the best shot, etc.

Pryor needs another year of development, Carson's mentorship, refine his skills.

FWIW. Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson didnt get a shot till they were 24/25. Not saying he's the same...but he's just 23....There is no rush.

We're cap strapped with Carson. He IS better than Pryor right now. Nothing we can do but roll with them two.

I'm not going to overrate Carson and I'm not going to pump up Pryor like he's a guaranteed QBOTF.

One is a vet and the other is our developmental project. We'll see where it goes from there.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    You know its funny...

Pryor needs another year of development, Carson's mentorship, refine his skills.

FWIW. Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson didnt get a shot till they were 24/25. Not saying he's the same...but he's just 23....There is no rush.

We're cap strapped with Carson. He IS better than Pryor right now. Nothing we can do but roll with them two.

I'm not going to overrate Carson and I'm not going to pump up Pryor like he's a guaranteed QBOTF.

One is a vet and the other is our developmental project. We'll see where it goes from there.
    I've said the same thing. For some reason, people can't believe that it's possible to back both QB's.
    ecnirp likes this.

Hall of Famer

Carson Palmer

Palmer without a doubt gives the Oakland Raiders the best shot at winning !
    He is a cap casualty !!!
    He has great leadership , charisma , fire , ETC ETC !!
    Not to mention, he is quicker than a Reindeer !!!
    Not to mention , the greatest clutch QB in history !!!

Hall of Famer
    You know its funny...

In my view this is the definitive post on the Raiders' QB situation.

Dirt Dog is offline Banned
    Pro Bowler
    Tebow is the only run first QB in the NFL.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    Whose fault is that when teams deferred regularly and we had opening possession 12 times last year...maybe even more. Coincidence?

I say if Palmer goes right back to playing uninspiring football in the meanful moments of the game, u sit his ass down and put in Pryor for a "spark" and move the hell on
    i'll blame knappy on that one. No one feared his predictable game planning.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    You know its funny...

I don't really like Carson Palmer but he is unfairly judged. Knapp screwed the whole offense over, and DMC truly looked like he did not even belong in the NFL. Dude, seriously, he didn't even look like a professional, yet it was just the scheme for him. Seeing so much support for TP by obvious racists makes it easy to hate him. Truth is the truth, and TP has like 10% of ever being more than serviceable QB on the way to us finally getting there. SO f*ck it and f*ck Pryor.

inphinity is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    At this point I don't give a **** who's throwing the ball, I just want this team to win.

However I'm willing to be patient.

raiders_fan67 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    look at Vick he was the one that started the mobile thing and look at him now.Vince Young is another example and look at him now. Defense will shut the mobile quarterback down but, the pocket passer will always be effective.We have a mobile quarterback in Superbowl and a pocket passer so let's just see who comes thru. Give me a pocket passer anyday and how many Superbowls have pocket passers won. I think it is 46 and correct me if i am wrong. Pryor will be back up in 2013 and correct me if I am wrong. Be looking for you in September

Meninblack is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raiders_fan67 View Post
    look at Vick he was the one that started the mobile thing and look at him now.Vince Young is another example and look at him now. Defense will shut the mobile quarterback down but, the pocket passer will always be effective.We have a mobile quarterback in Superbowl and a pocket passer so let's just see who comes thru. Give me a pocket passer anyday and how many Superbowls have pocket passers won. I think it is 46 and correct me if i am wrong. Pryor will be back up in 2013 and correct me if I am wrong. Be looking for you in September
    The mobile passers today can throw the ball as good as they can run (rg3,russell wilson)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information