Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Fisher LT with 1st pick???

picksix is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    veldheer is definitely solid and i'd say he's in the top half of LTs in the league but i wouldn't mind drafting a LT and moving him to RT, that could only help our o-line.

uglyorc is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Pick a player, not a position

We need to improve. We need the best players available period. That's how teams turnaround their franchise through the draft. Not by picking a position. You can fill any and all position needs in free agency. In the draft you normally get one player per round. Make it count. Pick the best player you can get. Take the top three players in the draft and whoever is there at number 3, that's who you take.

leafs43 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    We need a right guard and right tackle before we should even consider upgrading over Veldheer.
    mike taylor likes this.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I remember reading something that Veldheer only allowed like 5 or 6 sacks this year on 500+ passing attempts.

Hall of Famer
    Give me Star or another defensive player at #3. We have a solid LT. We can pick up a serviceable RT in free agency. If Luke Joeckle is there, chances are Star is gone. If that's the case, try to trade down.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by imthedan View Post
    Give me Star or another defensive player at #3. We have a solid LT. We can pick up a serviceable RT in free agency. If Luke Joeckle is there, chances are Star is gone. If that's the case, try to trade down.
    Yepper.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

Chairman of the Board
    I wouldn't mind Joeckel at all with pick 3. But if he's gone I think 3 is to high to take Fisher. Rather go D then at pick 3....
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

prolific is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Trade back for Warmack is what I'd love to see, as well.
    raiderluv likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    We need a right guard and right tackle before we should even consider upgrading over Veldheer.
    Where do you think Veldheer going if Raiders get a LT. To right tackle. Instant upgrade at both positions.
    Raiders Baby! likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by imthedan View Post
    raiders have a serviceable Rt in Khalif Barnes already. You want to have two bookend tackles that it doesn't matter who coming off either corner, you can protect C Palmer. C Palmer with time is going to shred any defense.

D Bree's is a small QB , You think it by accident their Interior Oline is so big and very good. the reason they have to give him a pocket so he can throw or so many of his passes would be batted down at line of scrimmage.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    raiders have a serviceable Rt in Khalif Barnes already. You want to have two bookend tackles that it doesn't matter who coming off either corner, you can protect C Palmer. C Palmer with time is going to shred any defense.

D Bree's is a small QB , You think it by accident their Interior Oline is so big and very good. the reason they have to give him a pocket so he can throw or so many of his passes would be batted down at line of scrimmage.
    I disagree. Barnes is pretty bad.
    Idaraider! likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by corleone View Post
    And then the next week Peppers destroyed him.
    Get a clue. JakE Long considered one of the best LT in the game got destroyed against the Colts. your not judged on one game but what you do over 16 games. you really should watch some Raider games or learn the game. Jared Veldheer is a top ten LT already and he has a chance to go a lot higher in the coming years. He's an ascending player.

Hall of Famer
    I like fisher but we need a impact player on Defense at 3.. Damontre Moore should be the pick if he's available

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    I disagree. Barnes is pretty bad.
    No Barnes isn't that bad. He played with a one arm all season(needed surgery to correct). You saw a big difference when he was out of the lineup. Barnes is a must re signing even if they draft Joeckel Or fisher. you still need a swing tackle that can play either RT or Lt if there is a injury. Unless anyone really wants to see Willie Smith out there again.

The point isn't putting a decent Oline out there but a great Oline. Last time Raiders went to the Super Bowl they had one of the best olines. That where great teams are built from both lines.
    Chewy316 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityR8r View Post
    I like fisher but we need a impact player on Defense at 3.. Damontre Moore should be the pick if he's available
    No you have to start adding players that can be impact players and cornerstones of your team. Raiders missed on so many first round picks and that can't happen if they want to turn this around. Fix the Oline first and than work on the defense. The defense is going to take more than one year to fix and that what you have to understand. By the time the draft rolls around Fisher could be a top five pick. He been that impressive at the senior bowl as his technique and his footwork look top notch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information