Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: *video Tim Brown: Clarified comments on Dan Patrick show

  1. #1
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,164

    *video Tim Brown: Clarified comments on Dan Patrick show

    Tim Brown speaks to Dan Patrick on "Sabotage" comment
    Link:
    Home » The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

    Transcript: Tim Brown clarifies comments on former Raiders coach Bill Callahan » The Dan Patrick Show | Official Home

    Video: Tim Brown on The Dan Patrick Show 1/23/13 - YouTube

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L9f2Fk-GFW4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Jimi18; 01-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  2. #2
    Fabbulous's Avatar
    Fabbulous is offline

    2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    4,233
    Blog Entries
    17
    Should be good, I'll try to get some free time to listen.

  3. #3
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    Should be good, I'll try to get some free time to listen.
    Yeah.. dan Patrick don't pull any punches
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  4. #4
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,373
    It is my hope that Tim Brown is passed over for the HOF again. I have always had a strange feeling that he was a festering cancer in the locker room. That he was the bridge that turned the dissatisfaction from the Allen years into the soft, resentful, entitled, finger pointing locker rooms we have had for decades.

    Hall of Fame players should make those around them better. Tim was the leader of the raiders for almost two decades, two decades where we accomplished little with a lot. LeRoy Selmon and Ray Lewis and many many others are HOF players because they lifted the play of others. It is very hard to make a case that Tim did that.

    It is my hope Tim Brown does not get into the HOF because he doesn't deserve to be there. I think Gannon deserves to be there much more than Brown does. Brown caught balls, Brown didn't win. Brown is the opposite of a winner in pretty much every sense of the word.
    Boy of Destiny and Almaden like this.

  5. #5
    Skvllz is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    It is my hope that Tim Brown is passed over for the HOF again. I have always had a strange feeling that he was a festering cancer in the locker room. That he was the bridge that turned the dissatisfaction from the Allen years into the soft, resentful, entitled, finger pointing locker rooms we have had for decades.

    Hall of Fame players should make those around them better. Tim was the leader of the raiders for almost two decades, two decades where we accomplished little with a lot. LeRoy Selmon and Ray Lewis and many many others are HOF players because they lifted the play of others. It is very hard to make a case that Tim did that.

    It is my hope Tim Brown does not get into the HOF because he doesn't deserve to be there. I think Gannon deserves to be there much more than Brown does. Brown caught balls, Brown didn't win. Brown is the opposite of a winner in pretty much every sense of the word.
    Al wasn't a big fan of Timmy's as the years wound down. Something in reference to a statement he made about Notre dames recruiting practices.. I agree with you although I think bo Jackson's injury set us back a bit in the early 90s. Leon bender etc.. This team has been hit with a lot of tragic circumstance. Hard to put it on Tim or any one person.

    I think Al would of gotten a kick out of Timmy rah rahs recent statements. Although this is old news.
    Raider Ran likes this.

  6. #6
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvllz View Post
    Al wasn't a big fan of Timmy's as the years wound down. Something in reference to a statement he made about Notre dames recruiting practices.. I agree with you although I think bo Jackson's injury set us back a bit in the early 90s. Leon bender etc.. This team has been hit with a lot of tragic circumstance. Hard to put it on Tim or any one person.

    I think Al would of gotten a kick out of Timmy rah rahs recent statements. Although this is old news.
    You are certainly right about that. I would say that Tim Brown was much more part of the problem than part of the solution. His play on the field was always solid, but his overall contribution to building the team was not. I would rather have one LeRoy Selmon than 10 Tim Browns.

  7. #7
    trur8r's Avatar
    trur8r is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anaheim Ca
    Posts
    21,659
    So... what did he say? Recap??

  8. #8
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,164
    It should be on again www.danpatrickshow.com soon
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  9. #9
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,164
    added video link
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  10. #10
    Almaden is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    It is my hope that Tim Brown is passed over for the HOF again. I have always had a strange feeling that he was a festering cancer in the locker room. That he was the bridge that turned the dissatisfaction from the Allen years into the soft, resentful, entitled, finger pointing locker rooms we have had for decades.

    Hall of Fame players should make those around them better. Tim was the leader of the raiders for almost two decades, two decades where we accomplished little with a lot. LeRoy Selmon and Ray Lewis and many many others are HOF players because they lifted the play of others. It is very hard to make a case that Tim did that.

    It is my hope Tim Brown does not get into the HOF because he doesn't deserve to be there. I think Gannon deserves to be there much more than Brown does. Brown caught balls, Brown didn't win. Brown is the opposite of a winner in pretty much every sense of the word.
    Totally agree. Well said.

  11. #11
    kultan's Avatar
    kultan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,588

    Get outta here with that!! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    It is my hope that Tim Brown is passed over for the HOF again. I have always had a strange feeling that he was a festering cancer in the locker room. That he was the bridge that turned the dissatisfaction from the Allen years into the soft, resentful, entitled, finger pointing locker rooms we have had for decades.

    Hall of Fame players should make those around them better. Tim was the leader of the raiders for almost two decades, two decades where we accomplished little with a lot. LeRoy Selmon and Ray Lewis and many many others are HOF players because they lifted the play of others. It is very hard to make a case that Tim did that.

    It is my hope Tim Brown does not get into the HOF because he doesn't deserve to be there. I think Gannon deserves to be there much more than Brown does. Brown caught balls, Brown didn't win. Brown is the opposite of a winner in pretty much every sense of the word.
    So Tim Brown should be passed over because you had a "Strange Feeling" he was a cancer? You're serious?

    Tim was a player who was a part of an organization who saw across from them EVERY SUNDAY a BETTER GM, COACH, and OWNER!! You do get that right? Ray Lewis lifted the play of players DRAFTED BY A BETTER GM than we had. Ray Lewis played for a Better owner and he played for better position and head coaches HIS WHOLE CAREER!! Tim Brown made Gannon better by the way and I'm sure he feels comfortable saying that even if you don't give Brown credit. Blaming Brown for this era is silly to me. Our GM didn't draft Ngahta who is in front of Ray Lewis in the Superbowl.

    Gannon over Brown? This is exhibit A of what's wrong with people who vote. Gannon is my favorite Raider QB even with the debacle at the Superbowl but I'm not CLOSE to saying he needs needs to be in there before Brown. Why? Leadership? So how many wins did first ballot HOF Barry Sanders get them in the palyoffs? Did Barry make Ford more of a wise owner or Wayne Fontes a better coach?

    Sounds like justifying your position based on a grudge to me. Tons of HOF players don't fit the same requirements you put on Brown.

  12. #12
    RunOvrByHubbard's Avatar
    RunOvrByHubbard is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Link to this:
    Brown backtracks on comments about Callahan | Raiders Silver and Black Blog | an SFGate.com blog

    Raiders Silver and Black Blog

    Turns out that Bill Callahan did not throw the Super Bowl 10 years ago.

    Former Raiders receiver Tim Brown, who made numerous radio appearances this week saying just that, backtracked quickly after Callahan, the former Raiders coach, called Brown’s comments “defamatory” on Tuesday night.

    “I never called it sabotage,” Brown told the Dan Patrick Show Wednesday morning. “I think in my statement last Saturday night I said that’s something that we can’t prove. But it’s something that was brought up.”

    Jerry Rice backed up Brown’s claims that Callahan wanted good friend and Bucs coach Jon Gruden to win the Super Bowl, while other teammates called the theory “crazy” and “impossible.”

    “I didn’t say Bill sabotaged the game. I wouldn’t say that because that’s not something I would ever have knowledge about,” Brown said Wednesday. “But I have to say the word was thrown around, not just by myself, not just by myself, right after the game.”

    Callahan changed the game plan at the last minute, and Brown finally acknowledged that late owner Al Davis may have had a hand in that.

    “Maybe (Callahan) wouldn’t have said ‘Al wanted me to change the game plan.’ That’s something we’ll never know obviously,” Brown said of Davis changing the game plan. “It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Mr. Davis could’ve said ‘Scratch this and we’re going to do what we did to get here.’ I think that’s something that’s not only plausible but likely because I know in my 16 years there that’s something that happened once or twice.”

    So, close the book on the greatest scandal in Super Bowl history. Callahan did not take a dive. No movie with Bill Paxton staring as Callahan.

    Wait … one more thing. Former Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon said on Sirius XM Radio Wednesday that Davis wasn’t involved and that the game plan didn’t even change in the first place.

    It’s a miracle Oakland even got to the Super Bowl that year.

  13. #13
    LaRaider2010's Avatar
    LaRaider2010 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Venice Beach, Ca
    Posts
    5,087
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    So... what did he say? Recap??
    he said he never said the word sabotage because you cannot prove that Callahan d. id it intentionally to help his friend John good and win. he said it was definitely possible that the game plan change could of come from Al davis because in his 16 years with raiders Al has been known to do that in past. he said that our Oline averaged 350 pounds their defensive line average 280 or 2e90 so that's why the run heavy plan would have been better and was the plan monday and also when asked why wasnt the audibles changed Tim said well you can't change them on Friday you can do that on Monday. so when game plan was changed on Friday to the passing game plan it was too late to change all the audibles and signals. regarding Barret Robbins when the game plan changed like that for his position at center it puts way too much pressure on him for all the calls and changes on the field that he would make . players speculated that that was the reason he disappeared and went awol to get away from the pressure. But nobody will ever know unless Robbins tells us, and he said he probably will never speak of that

  14. #14
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by RunOvrByHubbard View Post
    Link to this:
    Brown backtracks on comments about Callahan | Raiders Silver and Black Blog | an SFGate.com blog

    Raiders Silver and Black Blog

    Turns out that Bill Callahan did not throw the Super Bowl 10 years ago.

    Former Raiders receiver Tim Brown, who made numerous radio appearances this week saying just that, backtracked quickly after Callahan, the former Raiders coach, called Brown’s comments “defamatory” on Tuesday night.

    “I never called it sabotage,” Brown told the Dan Patrick Show Wednesday morning. “I think in my statement last Saturday night I said that’s something that we can’t prove. But it’s something that was brought up.”

    Jerry Rice backed up Brown’s claims that Callahan wanted good friend and Bucs coach Jon Gruden to win the Super Bowl, while other teammates called the theory “crazy” and “impossible.”

    “I didn’t say Bill sabotaged the game. I wouldn’t say that because that’s not something I would ever have knowledge about,” Brown said Wednesday. “But I have to say the word was thrown around, not just by myself, not just by myself, right after the game.”

    Callahan changed the game plan at the last minute, and Brown finally acknowledged that late owner Al Davis may have had a hand in that.

    “Maybe (Callahan) wouldn’t have said ‘Al wanted me to change the game plan.’ That’s something we’ll never know obviously,” Brown said of Davis changing the game plan. “It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Mr. Davis could’ve said ‘Scratch this and we’re going to do what we did to get here.’ I think that’s something that’s not only plausible but likely because I know in my 16 years there that’s something that happened once or twice.”

    So, close the book on the greatest scandal in Super Bowl history. Callahan did not take a dive. No movie with Bill Paxton staring as Callahan.

    Wait … one more thing. Former Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon said on Sirius XM Radio Wednesday that Davis wasn’t involved and that the game plan didn’t even change in the first place.

    It’s a miracle Oakland even got to the Super Bowl that year.
    So now it comes. When pushed back, Timmy backtracks like a little bitch, and comes out with his hidden agenda to smear the dead owner Al. What a piece of sh*t this guy is. If he goes into the HOF I hope to god it is in a Bucs uniform. I've come to realize that one of Al's biggest faults was being a terrible judge of character. He should have rid of of this puke years before he left.

  15. #15
    Hungary87's Avatar
    Hungary87 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    he said he never said the word sabotage because you cannot prove that Callahan d. id it intentionally to help his friend John good and win. he said it was definitely possible that the game plan change could of come from Al davis because in his 16 years with raiders Al has been known to do that in past. he said that our Oline averaged 350 pounds their defensive line average 280 or 2e90 so that's why the run heavy plan would have been better and was the plan monday and also when asked why wasnt the audibles changed Tim said well you can't change them on Friday you can do that on Monday. so when game plan was changed on Friday to the passing game plan it was too late to change all the audibles and signals. regarding Barret Robbins when the game plan changed like that for his position at center it puts way too much pressure on him for all the calls and changes on the field that he would make . players speculated that that was the reason he disappeared and went awol to get away from the pressure. But nobody will ever know unless Robbins tells us, and he said he probably will never speak of that
    Right but then Patrik pointed out that the new plan was actually the old plan. Instead of going run heavy, they would go pass happy as the did all year. He also pointed out that audibles and line calls were not changed due to lack of prep time.

    So, Tim, why would BRob go nuts if the plan was the same as what he did all year?

    Brown is off his rocker.
    HorrorSCope likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •