Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: The TRUTH behind what happened with the Raiders at Super Bowl XXXVII.

RAIDERS64 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

The TRUTH behind what happened with the Raiders at Super Bowl XXXVII.

JT The Brick pod cast The truth !

01/22 JT's Opening Monologue - Fox Sports Radio

Tim Brown
    Edit 1/12/13 11:230pm
    Video Added
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tATko6otFwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/pcPFDC/cjUkU8H8GQs9/embed/select/f8YgyI7_sP_n?autoPlay=true&params=zone%3Dhome" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Jerry Rice

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PY7BsJxtLWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    HBD, Rebellion, Rainman56 and 3 others like this.

Hall of Famer
    thanks for posting.

imthedan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    While I don't know if I believe Tim Brown or not, I find it ironic that people that are on the outside (forum users, broadcasters, reporters, ect...) are saying "No, take your loss like a man. When some of the players, and some notable players like Tim Brown and Jerry Rice, are saying otherwise.

The players, that played the game and would probably know best if the coach sabotaged the game, are labeled as liars but these broadcasters and reporters are said to be telling the truth.

Just find it ironic.

All-Pro
    Bill Callahan sabotaged the Super Bowl for the Raiders no doubt about it. He may have not intended to sabotage our Super Bowl but he did. How someone cannot disguise and game plan against someone who knew the plays, formations, and signals is beyond me. He set his team up for failure.

Someone should of stepped up and said: " Hey Coach? Doesn't Gruden still know our plays, formations, and signals?"

That someone should've been Tim Brown. Instead of b*tching about it now he should've b*tched about it then when it mattered.

So many should've would've could'ves
    Brazy, Chewy316, diggler08 and 3 others like this.
    “People who shut their eyes to reality simply invite their own destruction”
    -James Baldwin

"Every time you stay out late; every time you sleep in; every time you miss a workout; every time you don't give 100% - You make it that much easier for me to beat you."
    -Unknown

Hard work without talent is a shame but talent without hard work is a tragedy!

KingzCoRaiderz is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    It's not the fact he is lying or not, because he is not. They are tell their side of the story. Brown and rice arn't the type of players to make shi up.

16 to 88 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    15 minutes of name dropping, resume enlightenment and according to him, supposed intimate knowledge of the situation and NOT ONCE did he dispute Tim's assertion that the playbook was changed 2 days before the game.

Not once.

He's certainly not denying it. Which leads me to believe that is what actually transpired.

As for Callahan purposely sabotaging the game? Doubtful.

I guess when Callahan called us the stupidest team in football he was really talking about himself.
    trur8r, Raidermofojeff and danax like this.

vtraider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Just listened to Jon Ritchie on espn radio. Some new show with Tiki barber. According to him the players weren't ever really told about the change in game plan. Take that got what its worth. I personally took it as how can brown really say that is what happened on Friday night a and made Barrett go awol if they weren't told

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Hall of Famer
    Listening to both interviews I tried to listen for Timmy or Jerry saying that Callahan sabotaged the game. Timmy says that "players in the locker room" were saying that Callahan sabotaged the game, he also says that Callahans actions resulted in what appear to be a sabotage of the game. Jerry Rice on the other hand comes right out and says he thinks Callahan sabotaged the game.

Tim has a history of shooting his mouth off sometimes, but I've never known him to completely lie, he just has a different perspective than the rest of us sometimes. Jerry on the other hand has always been the model of sportsmanship. I can't remember him ever coming out and bad mouthing anyone for the sake of his own career or to elevate himself personally. I tend to believe Jerry.

I haven't seen what Charlie G said, but if he agrees, then I'm going to have to lean with the players on this one. It also puts the Robbins fiasco in a whole new light. I figured the pressure of the superbowl drove him off the deep end. I had no idea that he begged the coach not to change the game plan that late in the process. That is enough to drive a manic-depressive over the edge. And where was Gannon during this whole thing. I wonder if he went to Callahan and voiced his displeasure. I heard him on the radio the other day saying that he knew of the change in plans, but I never heard if he went to the coach to argue the change.

One thing I find remarkable is that I was unaware that Callahan hated the Raiders so much. I had never heard of Callahan before he came to Oakland. Wonder what the hatred was all about. In my opinion he has no lawsuit, Tim and Jerry have a right to their own opinions and their points of view. Just because they differ from Callahans isn't lawsuit worthy.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever...

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider View Post
    Listening to both interviews I tried to listen for Timmy or Jerry saying that Callahan sabotaged the game. Timmy says that "players in the locker room" were saying that Callahan sabotaged the game, he also says that Callahans actions resulted in what appear to be a sabotage of the game. Jerry Rice on the other hand comes right out and says he thinks Callahan sabotaged the game.

Tim has a history of shooting his mouth off sometimes, but I've never known him to completely lie, he just has a different perspective than the rest of us sometimes. Jerry on the other hand has always been the model of sportsmanship. I can't remember him ever coming out and bad mouthing anyone for the sake of his own career or to elevate himself personally. I tend to believe Jerry.

I haven't seen what Charlie G said, but if he agrees, then I'm going to have to lean with the players on this one. It also puts the Robbins fiasco in a whole new light. I figured the pressure of the superbowl drove him off the deep end. I had no idea that he begged the coach not to change the game plan that late in the process. That is enough to drive a manic-depressive over the edge. And where was Gannon during this whole thing. I wonder if he went to Callahan and voiced his displeasure. I heard him on the radio the other day saying that he knew of the change in plans, but I never heard if he went to the coach to argue the change.

One thing I find remarkable is that I was unaware that Callahan hated the Raiders so much. I had never heard of Callahan before he came to Oakland. Wonder what the hatred was all about. In my opinion he has no lawsuit, Tim and Jerry have a right to their own opinions and their points of view. Just because they differ from Callahans isn't lawsuit worthy.
    Great post!
    CTEX likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    WOW!! That whole changing the game plan thing was stupid and i'm very surprised Al Davis was not aware of the way Callahan was being with his players. I'm sure Al would have fired his ass.
    Raidermofojeff and RaiderFunk like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider View Post

It's not unusual for employees to dislike their employers and given all we know about Al's meddling was this maybe Callahan's opportunity to give his boss the big FU in front of the world? Knowing how many high ranking company officials in big business have practiced unethically I have to wonder why couldn't it happen in the business of the NFL? The fact that the Bucs knew what plays the Raiders were running on offense never sat well with me because if I'm Callahan under those circumstances my main goal the entire week up to the game is to disguise plays and introduce wrinkles. Its not like its the first time a team has faced its ex-head coach but its the first and only time all the plays were blatantly telegraphed. It's like he went into the game using Gruden's play book. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I'm starting to get the feeling that there was something going on behind the scenes.

That game and the Robbins stuff before the game never sat right with me but as an outsider there's not much you can do but accept it but now that two of the most prominent players on the team have spoken up I'm starting to become a believer that Callahan was not a model employee.
    Last edited by heavyD; 01-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I'm siding with the great Jerry Rice on this, that man don't lie.

Hall of Famer
    Callahan was an idiot, and his actions may have sabotaged us, but knowingly throwing the game away is hard to buy.

It seems like there is plenty of resentment between Callahan and some of the players.
    RaiderFunk likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Callahan's a loser....never returned to a superbowl and never will.

Why doesn't Bill give his side of the story as to why he changed the game plan?
    Raidermofojeff likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    Callahan's a loser....never returned to a superbowl and never will.

Why doesn't Bill give his side of the story as to why he changed the game plan?
    Seems like Callahan is going to give his side of the story just the way he should ... in court. He is going to treat that nasty bitch bitch Brown just like he should, either prove him a liar in court and take his money, or force him to publicly take take back his words. You don't play with trash like this on their own level, society has ways to deal with them, and that is what you will see.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information