Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Tim Brown suggesting Bill Callahan sabotaged superbowl.

BVJ
    Hall of Famer

Tim Brown suggesting Bill Callahan sabotaged superbowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/tim-brown-suggests-sabotage-by-bill-callahan-in-super-bowl-xxxvi/

Crazy and I have listened to Tim Brown a lot.. he is extremely smart and I dont think he would lie about this.

RaiderJ is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I guess just our luck that the weirdest, most bizarre stuff only happens to the raiders? Can't think of anything worse that could have happened if this is true

pop8181 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    The same Callahan that called us the @@@@@@@ the team in america

Veteran
    If this is true - the change to the gameplan at the 11th hour - I have to believe (as Florio states) that the change came from the big man, not Callahan.

As far as Callahan 'hating the Raiders' and this seemingly being known - how did he get the HC job? I don't know about that part of it.

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I loved Tim as a player, but maybe he took a few too many shots to the head. "Super Bowl Champion" is one title every football coach in the world would KILL to have on his resume. No matter how much you might hate the owner, you're not going to deliberately nuke that. Much more likely the big game change plan came from Al.

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I ****in Knew it.
    UptownXguy3 and Jackson45 like this.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

raidertilldeath is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Angry

I believe it without a doubt! I also bet ol' Al was the one pushing him to do it!

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    When did Barret Robbins have his melt down and quit the Raiders, before this change of game plan or after?

All-Pro
    Even if it was Al, wouldn't you just say F*** it.. and go win the game? Everything after that would be gravy.. They shoulda ran Charlie Garner down Sapp's freakin throat!
    RaiderDuck likes this.

raidertilldeath is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrific View Post
    When did Barret Robbins have his melt down and quit the Raiders, before this change of game plan or after?
    Well they changed the plan on a Friday....he freaked on Sat. next day was the Super Bowl. So it was after they changed it.

mramirez is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Wow, lol

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    It's a shame that Robbins flaked on the Raiders. They could had used him to run the ball lol, and keep Simion Rice off Gannon's ass.

I remember Jerry Porter mic up on the sidelines and saying they needed to run the ball.

Wheatly didn't even get a carry in that game?

The Bucs had potent pass rush and were a fast team, and Raiders never established the run in the 1st half.

I would of thought they pound them in the middle, but with Robbins out, then I guess they were pretty much done from that point.

Chairman of the Board
    Wow that's a lot to take in. One thing I will say about Timmie, he always was one to speak his mind. And it speaks volumes to why he lost the team the next year when they were struggling.

I had heard that the game plan changed right before the game but the story I heard was it was in response to Robbins going AWOL since he was such a great run blocker for a C and our backup was more of a pass blocker and not good in the run. So this is a different take on an already known story for me.

It does seen more plausible to me that Al would change the plan then it is that Callahan sabotaged the game but really who the hell knows for sure other than Callahan? Either way it confirms what we all know.... We have been one Fd up dusfunctional franchise for a LONG time. Even when we were winning things were Fd up.
    r8derd and EmeraldCityR8r like this.

Pro Bowler
    I went to that Super Bowl, it was a disgusting, sickening day. It was so weird, and unexplainable, that It bothers me to this day. I constantly wonder, what the hell happened? We all know about the Gruden "plays Gannon" in practice, we all know about Al's meddling in the Defense (especially), but this? WOW. I don't even have words. Can this be in half true? The ORIGINAL game plan was to pound the ball? That would have fixed a lot of our mistakes (in hind sight).Well, I am staying tuned, we have not heard the last of this crap.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I blame RM and DA

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information