Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Arm Chair, Madden, come 1 come all!!!!

Chairman of the Board

Cool Arm Chair, Madden, come 1 come all!!!!

So, here's what this thread is about.I've been reading throughout this season & some of last year on how people are of the opinion RM was the wrong choice.DA was the wrong choice.This staff needed to be completely blown up today.SO, here's your chance.This is NOT a thread to start slamming others.We all will have different thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc.Explain in decent detail how YOU would solve the current issues of the Raiders.Given EXACT same scenario of cap problems, no picks & roster "cupboard" is next to bare.You can fill the shoes as R.McKenzie or say your team president, over McKenzie, whatever.Tell me how things would get resolved in a better fashion and in the same amount of time or faster.I will chime in on my ideas later & I, along w/ others will likely question your thoughts/suggestions.So, be prepared to back them w/ logic & sound reasoning for these ideas.
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

Chairman of the Board
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Fire DA and name Gruden VP, GM and HC. He alone, being the all mighty coach that drove the Bucs into the gound after losing all their vets, will single handedly get us to the playoffs. He is as passionate as Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines and like Jim, would with his angry looks be able to scare opponents and motivate his players to absolute greatness. Niners were in exact same postion before hiring Harbaugh.

As for the cap issues, this is the same team that won 8 games, two years in a row before last year and were on the brink of the super bowl, so we have the talent. Plus, being a high profile name, players would all take pay cuts to stay on the Raiders, not to mention a ton of free agents would take 1/2 of what they could get elsewhere to play for Jon.

As for assistant coaches, I know norv turner would want to leave cleveland to coach for Jon, so hire him as OC. Then hire Lovie Smith for DC. Did I mention Mark Davis said pay coaches whatever they want?

Boom! Superbowl Champs!

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by agular9 View Post
    Fire DA and name Gruden VP, GM and HC. He alone, being the all mighty coach that drove the Bucs into the gound after losing all their vets, will single handedly get us to the playoffs. He is as passionate as Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines and like Jim, would with his angry looks be able to scare opponents and motivate his players to absolute greatness. Niners were in exact same postion before hiring Harbaugh.

As for the cap issues, this is the same team that won 8 games, two years in a row before last year and were on the brink of the super bowl, so we have the talent. Plus, being a high profile name, players would all take pay cuts to stay on the Raiders, not to mention a ton of free agents would take 1/2 of what they could get elsewhere to play for Jon.

As for assistant coaches, I know norv turner would want to leave cleveland to coach for Jon, so hire him as OC. Then hire Lovie Smith for DC. Did I mention Mark Davis said pay coaches whatever they want?

Boom! Superbowl Champs!
    LOL!

Sadly enough some on here think it's just that simple.
    crizpynutz likes this.

OnTheeRize is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Sadly enough some here are fine watching the train wreck that is McKenzie and Allen. I dont really dislike Reggie except for his decision to fire Hue and not Fire Allen. All this team needs is a coach. Most of the players in the NFL are talented. We need a Coach to coach players up. Essentially Allen is doing what you all are doing...just sittin around waiting for something good to happen. Well you know what? Real leaders make things happen. I get paid for doing my job and Allen needs to do his job.

PS
    Do you think the Allen "haters" like myself just decided to dislike Allen for no reason? Why is it we like Cable and Hue Jackson? Maybe we are just racist againt skinny white guys. Or maybe Cable and Jackson showed fire and hope unlike Allen, Kiffin and Shell.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheeRize View Post
    Sadly enough some here are fine watching the train wreck that is McKenzie and Allen. I dont really dislike Reggie except for his decision to fire Hue and not Fire Allen. All this team needs is a coach. Most of the players in the NFL are talented. We need a Coach to coach players up. Essentially Allen is doing what you all are doing...just sittin around waiting for something good to happen. Well you know what? Real leaders make things happen. I get paid for doing my job and Allen needs to do his job.

PS
    Do you think the Allen "haters" like myself just decided to dislike Allen for no reason? Why is it we like Cable and Hue Jackson? Maybe we are just racist againt skinny white guys. Or maybe Cable and Jackson showed fire and hope unlike Allen, Kiffin and Shell.
    Allen could lead the team to a 0-16 record next season and it would be anyone's fault but his.
    Dirt Dog likes this.

SSRaiderJoz is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The first thing I would do is get a 12 pack. I haven't thought about what I would do after that.

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

PS
    I loved Cable and Jackson because they were leaders of men, f the world, follow me type guys....Jackson to a certain point. Cable even when times were lean, led men. He would have been a great coach 20-30 years ago, but nowadays, HCs were coordinators running one side of the ball. Cable is cut from the Madden of coaches, a players coach, he don't color it, he'll tell you like it is. He got a great coordinator in Jackson, but Jackson was power hungry and after one year of his offense, he knew he could wedge his way some where. Al didn't want to lose Jackson but Jackson interviewed for the Niners head job. Al dumps Cable and Hue's the new HC.

It's the new NFL, just like how Cable lost his job being that he wasn't bred as a coordinator, Hue got the job because he was a commodity around the league and held Al at ransom. Now, with the new regime, RM wanted "his" guy. He wanted to limit Al's problems to just personnel that is controlled by the cap, he didn't want Hue around being another voice. Could RM have made it work, sure, man to man, he could have kept Hue around, and give Hue the ground rules. But Hue I felt opened his trap one too many times, during the slump leading into the GM search.

Agreed, Allen needs to be in the ears of his players, at least the returning ones, asking them to work on certain things, like a backup long snapper, Houston rushing from a stand up position, or dropping into coverage.

If I had my choice, Cable would be the HC and Hue would still be the OC.

Hall of Famer

PS
    How does this answer the question in the OP in any way shape or form??

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    great opinions guys, but blackness asked for arm chair GM's to layout their plans. I just did a mock plan of what I have heard others say since I am under the impression that Reggie is doing the right thing (all that he can) by having us take a GIANT step backwards in order to EXCEL forward in the future. If "Raider" fans cant back the organization, they should jump ship and stop... nevermind.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    great opinions guys, but blackness asked for arm chair GM's to layout their plans. I just did a mock plan of what I have heard others say since I am under the impression that Reggie is doing the right thing (all that he can) by having us take a GIANT step backwards in order to EXCEL forward in the future. If "Raider" fans cant back the organization, they should jump ship and stop... nevermind.
    So fans should agree and go along with things they don't feel is for the better or go find a new time... That's dumb. It's like saying no one should think for themselves.... But never mind.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    How does this answer the question in the OP in any way shape or form??
    It doesn't. It's just an opinion based on nothing but assumptions made up in his own head. I know it's been said many of times, but the only people that say anything about DA and RM not doing thier jobs are the message board know-it-alls.

Hall of Famer

Boom! Superbowl Champs!
    I do not understand why some on here carry a torch for Gruden. Sure he did a decent job with the Raiders but really? To see how "great" he is just look at the job he did dismantling the Dungy's Buccaneers after the Superbowl win. And they still not have recovered. His success with the Raiders was due to the inluence of Al Davis. When he went to the Bucs he tore the franchise down.

As for the 2012 team being the same team that went 8-8 in 2010 and 2011, well it was not. People tend to forget that the 2011 Raiders went 1-4 down the stretch. The signs were there for everyone to see. The team quit on Hue Jackson. A team with a lot worse record in 2012 did not quit on Dennis Allen. Add to that there was more than 30 new players on the 2012 roster, how is it "the same team"?

Finally, players do not take "pay cuts". If they restructure it only frees up cap space for the current season moving he problem to following years. For players it about the money. Do you really think droves of players would play for half of their worth just to play under Gruden? They did not in Tampa, why would the with the Raiders?
    Palehorse likes this.
    My Raiders 2014 Mock:
    Round 1 - Trade #5 to Buffalo Bills for #9, #41, and #149
    #9 - WR, Mike Evans
    #36 - DE, Kony Ealy
    Round 2 trade #41 to Chicago Bears for #51 and #183
    #51 - QB, Jimmy Garappolo
    #67 - S, Ed Reynolds
    #107 - DT, Will Sutton
    #149 - RB, Lache Seastrunk
    #183 - G, Chris Watt
    #219 - DT, Beau Allen
    #235 - WR, Jeff Janis

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Boom! Superbowl Champs!
    Agree 100%, this will work.
    agular9 likes this.

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    I do not understand why some on here carry a torch for Gruden. Sure he did a decent job with the Raiders but really? To see how "great" he is just look at the job he did dismantling the Dungy's Buccaneers after the Superbowl win. And they still not have recovered. His success with the Raiders was due to the inluence of Al Davis. When he went to the Bucs he tore the franchise down.

As for the 2012 team being the same team that went 8-8 in 2010 and 2011, well it was not. People tend to forget that the 2011 Raiders went 1-4 down the stretch. The signs were there for everyone to see. The team quit on Hue Jackson. A team with a lot worse record in 2012 did not quit on Dennis Allen. Add to that there was more than 30 new players on the 2012 roster, how is it "the same team"?

Finally, players do not take "pay cuts". If they restructure it only frees up cap space for the current season moving he problem to following years. For players it about the money. Do you really think droves of players would play for half of their worth just to play under Gruden? They did not in Tampa, why would the with the Raiders?
    @DJH_raider, the poster was being sarcastic, have a little sense of humor, he was mocking the handful of posters on this site that will come to this thread and basically believe it or not say exactly what he said. Pretty funny stuff.
    agular9 and LaRaider2010 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information