80sr8dr is offline Banned
    All-Pro

Bruce Arians accepts Cards HC offer

Per KFFL.com

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Report: Bruce Arians will be the Cardinals’ next head coach | ProFootballTalk

Bruce Arians appears to be close to becoming the next head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Arians was offered the Cardinals’ job and will accept, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. The Cardinals met with Arians today and Arians said he got a good feeling from the meeting, and now both sides look like they want to get the deal done.

After being named the offensive coordinator of the Colts last offseason, Arians spent most of the season as the interim head coach while Chuck Pagano was out being treated for leukemia. Arians did an excellent job, leading the Colts from a 2-14 record to the playoffs, and he may receive the NFL’s coach of the year award.

Now Arians will take over as head coach of another team — one that can use his offensive acumen, but one which lacks a quarterback as talented as Andrew Luck.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I really like Arians, I think this is a great hire for Arizona.

VEfreak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I remember Steelers fans HATING Bruce Arians and wanting him fired. Did good with the Colts and now he's going to be the head coach of the Cardinals.

Things aren't as simple as it seems with coaches. You can't look at a spread sheet to see which coaches are bad and good.

Fans don't listen to that though. Go get Norv! or Go get Wiz! Or blah blah blah...
    Panda Bear likes this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by VEfreak View Post
    I remember Steelers fans HATING Bruce Arians and wanting him fired. Did good with the Colts and now he's going to be the head coach of the Cardinals.

Things aren't as simple as it seems with coaches. You can't look at a spread sheet to see which coaches are bad and good.

Fans don't listen to that though. Go get Norv! or Go get Wiz! Or blah blah blah...
    Hopefully he wants a young QB like Smith to build with.
    TycoonRaider and Ghost Rider like this.

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VEfreak View Post

Wait.. I thought you can tell the quality of a coach after two games? At least that's what I read somewhere.
    foodisgood70 likes this.

All-Pro

Reggie had an awful lot to say about Pryor:

* McKenzie, on what he saw in Terrelle Pryor: "What I did see was Terrelle that I was pleased with, he protected the ball in the game when you have snapping issues, even with handing off, the ball slipping, protecting when you’re being rushed, he protected the ball. That was a plus for me. To see that and to see snap count, the offensive linemen getting used to his cadence and him getting the plays out and emotions and all the little things that he has to do to make sure there were no issues with penalties before the ball is snapped. Now, obviously, you can see the plays, and when things break down, where he can kind of create and do some things. But he had a chance to make some throws and he did pretty good. I was encouraged. Hopefully the new offensive coordinator will find a way to see what he can do best during this offseason and see what he looks like in preseason games."

Highlights of McKenzie's media meeting | CSN Bay Area

Also mentioned the Barnes had surgery on his holding arm Briesel had surgery on his offsides ankle.

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Bruce Arians accepts Cards HC offer

Good for him but to bad he doesn't have an Andrew luck in Arizona

Thread Information