Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Norv Turner

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    Pep Hamilton, Tom Moore, Pat Shurmur, Joe Lombardi, Pete Carmichael, Clyde Christianson, Ken Whisenhunt... 7 pretty decent guys right off the top of my head, sky isn't falling just yet.
    And there you go! Also Saunders is still on the staff right now, so make it 8.
    sa_dick_steele likes this.

RAIDER415 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I've been looking everywhere for a legit source but there's nothing 100% conforming that Norv is the browns OC so as long as he's out there make it happen Reggie.

Rookie
    The Browns website still shows Childress as OC.

DAYFM is online now Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Isn't it funny that the leading candidate for the OC is a guy who EVERYONE can see is an absolutely horrendous fit for our players? Doesn't that sound a certain joke we just fired?

If Martz becomes our OC, there is no reason anymore to support RM or DA in any way, shape, or form. I really hope it's all just speculation, but hiring Martz right after hiring Knapp shows that these guys have absolutely no business leading a football team. Virtually all of us were able to predict the outcome of our offense after Knapp was hired....but these "professionals" weren't. It'll be the same thing if Martz is hired. Quite frankly, I don't want people leading our team who are unable to see things that members of an internet forum can see.
    mike taylor likes this.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYFM View Post
    Isn't it funny that the leading candidate for the OC is a guy who EVERYONE can see is an absolutely horrendous fit for our players? Doesn't that sound a certain joke we just fired?

If Martz becomes our OC, there is no reason anymore to support RM or DA in any way, shape, or form. I really hope it's all just speculation, but hiring Martz right after hiring Knapp shows that these guys have absolutely no business leading a football team. Virtually all of us were able to predict the outcome of our offense after Knapp was hired....but these "professionals" weren't. It'll be the same thing if Martz is hired. Quite frankly, I don't want people leading our team who are unable to see things that members of an internet forum can see.
    But but they're more experienced that us! WE have to stay on that Reggie-Allen Bandwagon, even if they do agree to sign some washed up old coordinator who usually gets canned within a 2 year window!

Meninblack is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Theres no where that says anything about martz being the leading candidate he was interviewd, the fans on this board just keep rehashing him over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by DAYFM View Post

ismail86 is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Come on Reggie! Bring in Dennis Allen! Make it happen!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Well when the OL coach George Warhop turns down the chance to go join a well establish Head coach in Andy Reid in KC in the same position and stays with the Browns because Chuds is said he is getting Norv then my guess is that he already knows that Norv is accepted the job and fills like they can pickup where they left off in San Fran before else more then likely George feels that he could have much more success and likely nice pay increase for going to KC then staying with a rookie head coach and total unknown in OC for him .
    Again, I just see this as an assumption until the Browns actually release to the press that Norv has officially been hired. Who knows what reasons the OL coach didn't accept a job from Andy Reid, maybe he thinks he's a jerk or a basketcase?

I'm not saying Norv would even accept the Raiders OC job, because God knows there's tons of better options out there but that small chance that he's still available and could accept the job has my very small hopes up for now. Who knows? Maybe RM and DA are working with him now to convince him to take the job and it's just not being reported? If not, hopefully the next OC is someone that has some credibility. I think that would go a long way with the players and fanbase
    SF_Raider_Fan likes this.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Remember everyone. We must be patient and wait, wait wait wait. Yea, everyone else is hiring, but hey, that's not how we do things in Oakland.
    The usual, some whine with your cheese??

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by stork44 View Post
    The usual, some whine with your cheese??
    So prove me wrong? Show me how Oakland aggressively pursues a coach, or coaching staff in a timely manner. Prove to me that Oakland interviews, and hires the best possible coaches before they are hired by other teams. Show me how Oakland has a history of being the frontrunner during coaching interviews. If I'm wrong, I will send you a pic of my whine with my cheese sir.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaraider! View Post
    And there you go! Also Saunders is still on the staff right now, so make it 8.
    Murlarkey, that would be 9.
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    So prove me wrong? Show me how Oakland aggressively pursues a coach, or coaching staff in a timely manner. Prove to me that Oakland interviews, and hires the best possible coaches before they are hired by other teams. Show me how Oakland has a history of being the frontrunner during coaching interviews. If I'm wrong, I will send you a pic of my whine with my cheese sir.
    Are you talking bout the AD years I assume..less than 3 weeks since we canned Knapp and what? Coaches are lining up for our OC job..lots of options for coaches right now... this is not taco bell..RM will find someone he likes and pull the trigger..then you can whine some more, because that is all you have done for the last year!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike taylor View Post
    But but they're more experienced that us! WE have to stay on that Reggie-Allen Bandwagon, even if they do agree to sign some washed up old coordinator who usually gets canned within a 2 year window!
    Who has said that?? I for one, have already expressed my displeasure with Martz.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbulous View Post
    Norvell and his son are in Cleveland now.
    This makes sense to me. Out of all the teams looking for an OC (Browns, Cardinals, Jets, Panthers, and Raiders), Cleveland is probably the best option in terms of young offensive talent. Turner's offenses are built around a strong running game and the Brownies have a young stud in Trent Richardson. Ryan Mathews being a bust doomed Turner in San Diego.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    I'm not going to get into cheeses and whines...but the "history" you are asking about is barely 1 year. This is not Al Davis' Raiders.

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information