Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Story: Coach Allen says they have a "clear plan" on roster moves

Hall of Famer

Story: Coach Allen says they have a "clear plan" on roster moves

Coach Dennis Allen, who just completed a 4-12 rookie season, said he and general manager Reggie McKenzie have met several times the past few weeks essentially crossing names out, writing them back in pencil, and crossing some more out. "We've identified those guys that we're trying to get back and we're in the process," Allen said. "How long that process takes, at the end of the day Reggie will handle that part of it. But we've met a lot (discussing) where we're going as an organization and what we're looking to do. We've got a clear plan of what we're trying to get done."

Link to full story, with a list of free agents:

Raiders' roster remodel will be severe - SFGate

raiderfan_1990 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Story: Coach Allen says they have a "clear plan" on roster moves

If they cut Palmer we will not go to the playoffs untill another 4 to 5 years.... Smh
    Darius, Godinez84 and AFdoom12 like this.

NEO
    NEO is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Hopefully that "clear path" involves winning a few more games.

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan_1990 View Post
    If they cut Palmer we will not go to the playoffs untill another 4 to 5 years.... Smh
    They are not cutting Palmer, he appears to be part of the core of what they want to do going forward. If Knapp had retained his spot, then I would think Palmer would be on the fence. Palmer will be back at a different cap number. Pryor will be the #2.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    They are not cutting Palmer, he appears to be part of the core of what they want to do going forward. If Knapp had retained his spot, then I would think Palmer would be on the fence. Palmer will be back at a different cap number. Pryor will be the #2.
    I agree. I would think a remote possibility is that they decide to "go young" and trade Palmer for a high pick. That would be a complete makeover and rolling the dice on Pryor. I doubt that course of action will be taken.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RunOvrByHubbard View Post
    I agree. I would think a remote possibility is that they decide to "go young" and trade Palmer for a high pick. That would be a complete makeover and rolling the dice on Pryor. I doubt that course of action will be taken.

I agree. If we did trade Palmer which is highly unlikely, I could see RM going after matt flynn to compete with pryor in camp
    Jermeh likes this.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    besides the commentators saying it during the game, i havent seen any indication stating with 100% certainty he will be back

something will need to be done about his 15 mil salary and i dont think a restructure is going to solve a problem when you're trying to clean up a mess, not push it into the future.

2014 is voidable

if he is back, its just for one more year.

Naphtali and Jermeh like this.

Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Cleeeeeaaaarrrrr assssss muuuuuuuddddddd...................

Pro Bowler

Clear Plan?

Great, then we should see results THIS coming Season. If not, saving face by selling out your Offensive Coaching Staff, will not save you. Realizing how bad we were last year, if DA Regresses in 2013, he should be thrown out the door.
    Dark Gable and NEO like this.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board

From the press conference:

Coach Allen's Season-Ending Press Conference

I thought yesterday’s game, I thought there was some good things in the game. I thought it was great to be able to see Terrelle Pryor. I thought he really did some nice things in the game, showed some improvement and showed that there’s some stuff that we can work with moving forward with Terrelle Pryor. So that was good to see.
    On if QB Carson Palmer was adaptable to the zone blocking scheme: “I think Carson was adaptable to the system. I think Carson can fit in any system you want to run.

On the long-term prognosis on Palmer’s health: “To my knowledge, there’s no long-term implications. To my knowledge, he’s going to make a full recovery and be fine.”

On if Palmer will be ready by mini-camps: “That’s my understanding.’
    On if the team was more dynamic on offense with Pryor yesterday: “Again, I think his athleticism gives us a unique element at the quarterback position. I thought you saw that in the game the other day. I thought his ability to get outside the pocket and make some things happen gave us a little bit of a spark.”

On Pryor’s passes yesterday: “There was some inconsistency there in the way that he threw the ball, but again, I thought he made some plays down the field because he was able to buy some time and move around and he was able to find open receivers down the field in doing that.”
    Trying not to read too much into this, and at the risk of being labelled a hypocritical hater (again) I'd venture a guess Palmer will be back and starting, and Pryor will be given the opportunity to vie for the #2 spot.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan_1990 View Post
    Then Palmer will have to do some serious restructuring...
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighRaider View Post

From the press conference:

Coach Allen's Season-Ending Press Conference

Trying not to read too much into this, and at the risk of being labelled a hypocritical hater (again) I'd venture a guess Palmer will be back and starting, and Pryor will be given the opportunity to vie for the #2 spot.

Im not here to say CP will or will not be back but what was DA suppose to say when asked if he would be ready by minicamp? He will be ready but not with this team cause we are cutting his ass?

This is why i dont care to listen to any coach or player interviews, they all say the same old politically correct sh1t. Once in a blue moon you get a guy who speaks his mind and the media tears him a new one for it.
    NEO and NoClapsPlease like this.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Then Palmer will have to do some serious restructuring...
    That would certainly be beneficial. And not unexpected, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    Im not here to say CP will or will not be back but what was DA suppose to say when asked if he would be ready by minicamp? He will be ready but not with this team cause we are cutting his ass?

This is why i dont care to listen to any coach or player interviews, they all say the same old politically correct sh1t. Once in a blue moon you get a guy who speaks his mind and the media tears him a new one for it.
    If that's the way you read it...

I guess I get a different message out of those comments... Pryor improved but has a further to go, and Palmer can work with any ole OC/system we bring in, while we're waiting for Pryor (or some other guy, yet to be determined) to become the QB Messiah. But that's just the way I read it. Your right to disagree.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighRaider View Post
    That would certainly be beneficial. And not unexpected, IMHO.

If that's the way you read it...

I guess I get a different message out of those comments... Pryor improved but has a further to go, and Palmer can work with any ole OC/system we bring in, while we're waiting for Pryor (or some other guy, yet to be determined) to become the QB Messiah. But that's just the way I read it. Your right to disagree.
    I just try not to put to much stock into what anyone says during a interview.....unless it was Al, he got straight to the point. I remember when he fired Cable he more or less said it was because he was a woman beater, what other GM/owner would have said that.

What do you think the Fatter Ryan would realy say about Sanchez off record or what any would say off the record that played with T.O?

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    [QUOTE=NoClapsPlease;3824986]besides the commentators saying it during the game, i havent seen any indication stating with 100% certainty he will be back

something will need to be done about his 15 mil salary and i dont think a restructure is going to solve a problem when you're trying to clean up a mess, not push it into the future.

2014 is voidable

if he is back, its just for one more year.[QUOTE]

Palmer is not going to take a pay cut to stay with the Raiders. Think about it would you??? Palmer has more leverage right now because there will be teams very interested in him if RM decides to cut him. Also cutting him only hurts the raiders more than it would help. They are gonna roll with Palmer for one more year. If we are losing next season, I suspect they would bench so that the contract can be voided in 2014 as you pointed out.
    Naphtali and truepirate1966 like this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information