Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 184
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Story: Coach Allen says they have a "clear plan" on roster moves

  1. #136
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    More then you ever will you punk! Where are your click butt buddies to your rescue?
    UNREAL how you get treated in this forum for calling out a crappy 4 win coaching staff!

    And to think I was going to pay for Premium!

    I'm out... have fun you LOSERS!
    Please don't go, they didn't really mean it, and people will be nicer to you from now on.

  2. #137
    sa_dick_steele's Avatar
    sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by grw80 View Post
    Sorry I have higher expectations than you do. Things will never change on this board with dip$hits like yourself who simply settle EVERY SINGLE YEAR with a garbage product. You don't demand more, you'll never get it.
    Cussing with dollar signs, you must be tough!!!!

    I'm a fan, Win, Lose, or Tie Raider Till I Die. If the front office starts listen to the fans they will soon be, just a fan.
    Idaraider! likes this.

  3. #138
    sa_dick_steele's Avatar
    sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    heaven forbid you present an argument with logic, because you'll get called a "fool" or "asshole" or "idiot" by the usual suspects who think their opinion presides over everyone else's

    but if you haven't noticed, more and more people are disagreeing with you and aren't delusional

    I like that. stay on the defensive and resort to name calling instead of logic.
    Who are you even talking to with this post?

  4. #139
    RunOvrByHubbard's Avatar
    RunOvrByHubbard is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    I started this thread, quite innocently. Now look at it. Come on guys, settle down. And please read your post for typos too (although I know a lot of younger folk cannot spell these days or use proper grammar, so I account for that...somewhat).

    My two cents: Again, Denver has more talent than the Raiders. Someone said Bailey and Miller on defense. How about Dumervill too! And how about LB Woodyard (117 tackles and 5.5 sacks). Unknown DE Wolfe had 40 tackles and 6 sacks. And they have one of the top LT's in the game - Clady. And, no question, their receiving corps is simply better than ours.

    Two: I am giving Allen and RM a chance to right this ship, even if it takes three years.

  5. #140
    HITMAN's Avatar
    HITMAN is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mount Sinai
    Posts
    35,917
    Quote Originally Posted by grw80 View Post
    How do you know I wasn't?
    You weren't vocal on this site...
    foodisgood70 likes this.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

    "Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

  6. #141
    Skvllz is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by RunOvrByHubbard View Post
    I started this thread, quite innocently. Now look at it. Come on guys, settle down. And please read your post for typos too (although I know a lot of younger folk cannot spell these days or use proper grammar, so I account for that...somewhat).

    My two cents: Again, Denver has more talent than the Raiders. Someone said Bailey and Miller on defense. How about Dumervill too! And how about LB Woodyard (117 tackles and 5.5 sacks). Unknown DE Wolfe had 40 tackles and 6 sacks. And they have one of the top LT's in the game - Clady. And, no question, their receiving corps is simply better than ours.

    Two: I am giving Allen and RM a chance to right this ship, even if it takes three years.
    Correction: Denver has better COACHING. and with the addition of Manning, they have their coach on the field too. Replace Palmer with Manning and we see their win record this year. We set records against that team less than 2 years ago.

    I'll be patient with this team as long as the moves they make warrant it. There isn't a time limit.

  7. #142
    JUSTWINBABY9111's Avatar
    JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by lix333 View Post
    I agree on defense. They are more talented then we are but a better offense makes a D better. So we will hopefully know more next year.

    Im gonna pour a little salt on the offense argument though.


    Without Manning

    D. Thomas - 551 yards
    E. Decker - 612 yards

    Also without Manning

    DHB - 975 yards
    Moore -741 yards

    So with Manning these Wrs are superior to our WRs. Without Manning our WRs are superior to their WRs. The stats back it up.

    If Manning came to the Raiders I have no doubt in my mind that <b> each receiver, DHB and Moore, would surpass 1400 yards </b>

    Elite QBs make a difference and makes any team an instant contender. Anyone that says different is fooling themselves.


    Id take DMAC over Dthomas any day by the way.
    Tebow threw for 1729. This type of logic leads to having expectations so high, nothing will ever make you happy. We have to take a step back, to get better.

  8. #143
    NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,114
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    Who are you even talking to with this post?
    the fact you dont know says it all.

  9. #144
    sa_dick_steele's Avatar
    sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by RunOvrByHubbard View Post
    My two cents: Again, Denver has more talent than the Raiders. Someone said Bailey and Miller on defense. How about Dumervill too! And how about LB Woodyard (117 tackles and 5.5 sacks). Unknown DE Wolfe had 40 tackles and 6 sacks. And they have one of the top LT's in the game - Clady. And, no question, their receiving corps is simply better than ours.
    I'm confused as to why this is even in question. Everyone outside of this fan base knows this. The Broncos were having good drafts while the Raiders.... well, we know.

    Sorry for your thread, I was reading too much crap that I couldn't keep from saying something.

  10. #145
    sa_dick_steele's Avatar
    sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    the fact you dont know says it all.
    Actually I did, I just wanted you to say it.

    What's funny is that you have no desire to heed your own advice. Everyone knows your tired old act.

  11. #146
    hellbound's Avatar
    hellbound is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    6,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvllz View Post
    Correction: Denver has better COACHING. and with the addition of Manning, they have their coach on the field too. Replace Palmer with Manning and we see their win record this year. We set records against that team less than 2 years ago.

    I'll be patient with this team as long as the moves they make warrant it. There isn't a time limit.
    This team would not have 13 wins. Just going to throw soe things out here....first would the ridiculous amount of drops the receiver had all of a sudden stop? Does he automatically turn those drops into catches by himself?

    What about the o-line? It wasnt very good in either aspect. I remember posts from several years ago saying "it wouldnt matter if Peyton was behind this line".

    At this point in time Denver has better players & coaching. Also who are you to judge what moves RM and/or DA make? They might make questionable decisions to the fans but the fans also dont know whats going on in the locker room or anything else that warrants why a player or coach is drafted/hired/cut or fired.

    You're right about one thing & there isnt going to be a time limit on this. This team is going through a complete rebuild which should of happened years ago. IMO it's still going to get more worse before it gets better.
    Idaraider! likes this.

  12. #147
    Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tha Deep Side of East Oakland
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skvllz View Post
    Correction: Denver has better COACHING. and with the addition of Manning, they have their coach on the field too. Replace Palmer with Manning and we see their win record this year. We set records against that team less than 2 years ago.

    I'll be patient with this team as long as the moves they make warrant it. There isn't a time limit.
    This team would not have 13 wins. Just going to throw soe things out here....first would the ridiculous amount of drops the receiver had all of a sudden stop? Does he automatically turn those drops into catches by himself?

    What about the o-line? It wasnt very good in either aspect. I remember posts from several years ago saying "it wouldnt matter if Peyton was behind this line".

    At this point in time Denver has better players & coaching. Also who are you to judge what moves RM and/or DA make? They might make questionable decisions to the fans but the fans also dont know whats going on in the locker room or anything else that warrants why a player or coach is drafted/hired/cut or fired.

    You're right about one thing & there isnt going to be a time limit on this. This team is going through a complete rebuild which should of happened years ago. IMO it's still going to get more worse before it gets better.
    People were also saying that Denver's o-line wouldn't get Manning through the season based on their play last season. Just saying...
    lix333 and NoClapsPlease like this.

  13. #148
    Idaraider!'s Avatar
    Idaraider! is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In your skull!
    Posts
    2,797
    So many whiners so little time.

  14. #149
    lix333's Avatar
    lix333 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,350
    A few things.

    Too many people here are comparing this years Broncos to the Raiders.

    Last year the Broncos Oline was in shambles and many didn't think that the edition of Manning would even matter.

    Last year I never thought Decker was even close to a top 10 player or better then any of our WRs.

    Last year Demarius Thomas knew how to run deep and thats it because his route running and intelligence was always a question mark.



    Manning is the best general on the field on any game day. Think about it for just a second. The Oline, Decker, and Thomas have all improved their game. The dude is just not a passer but a coach on the field and in film room. When you someone like that the players around him are instantly better. On the field he is audiblizing for the Oline, WR and RB. Putting them in a position to best win the match ups. His quick release doesn't put pressure on the Oline. If Demarius Thomas didn't know what to do last year he does now cause he is being coached up. Making him feel more comfortable with his route running and where to be.

    Can anyone here honestly say that Palmer has that effect on his Oline or WR here in Oakland?

    And if anyone is telling me they always thought Eric Decker was close to a top 10 WR then they are lying. Because I have not once seen a post on here or myself felt threatened by him until Manning came to Denver. Let me repeat that to make it clear. No one ever talked about Decker. EVER. So no I dont believe he is better then our WRs. I believe the edition of an elite QB makes all the difference. Thomas is a stud. Not gonna deny that but thats 1 player besides manning himself who i believe has the potential to be a top 10 talent.

    About the Drops.

    Our WRs did have drops but part of that is the unfamiliarity of the offense and how to read defenses the way Carson is. Instead of concentrating on catching the ball our WR are worried about being in the right spot. Finding the right zone. being 10 yards off the ball instead of 13 yards etc.... Manning on your team fixes all of that. To prove my point even further one just needs to go back to last year and count how many balls our WRs dropped. not that many because they were comfortable. They knew the offense and they knew it well. It makes a difference.


    That said, we should all look forward. Screw the Broncos. I hope DA and RM and find a killer OC, fine tune our D and be contenders. Thats the only thing we should worry about. And by the way...anyone wonder why we have not interviewed any OCs yet? Just curious. Might the staff be looking at someone that is on a playoff team?
    raiderArt likes this.

  15. #150
    UptownXguy3's Avatar
    UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,294
    The first roster move should be trading Jacoby Ford for a 6th rounder.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •