Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: RFN: School me on "Taiwan Jones = B-E-A-S-T" am I missing something?

jaehow is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

RFN: School me on "Taiwan Jones = B-E-A-S-T" am I missing something?

So I must ask a naive question...I didn't follow him in college, nor do I really follow college ball, but I've seen his highlights on youtube and he looked nice from what I gathered. When he got here I saw a few lightning-like cuts and a good burst but that's about it. I also saw him get rag-dolled trying to block lol. I'm asking, what's all of the talk in a lot of threads about him b-e-a-s-ting? Has to be sarcastic, right? Or did I miss something..

Chairman of the Board
    He is in the same beast category as..

Carlos Francis
    Johnnie Morant
    Teyo Johnson
    Doug Gabriel
    Grant Irons
    DeMarcus Van Dyke

and a some other list of practice and training camp hall of famers

jaehow is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Lol ok, thank you, sir.

inphinity is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    its all sarcasm. every season one new "beast" emerges during training camp, causing people to over-hype the player and get moist over them.

ive been one of those people who have over-hyped players, just to never see them ever play a down in the NFL or become a 3rd/4th stringer for life.

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    The most recent "beast" was Bruce Campbell. Everybody remember when we got Goodson and people were running around like extras from Chicken Run saying "OH NOES! REGGIE TRADED AWAY BEAST CAMPBELL! HE'S GOING TO BE A HALL-OF-FAMER FOR SURE!!!"

Cut to several months later. Goodson's been averaging 6 yards a carry, while I'm not sure Campbell's even seen 6 snaps this year in Carolina.

Chairman of the Board
    I withhold comment till Rainman posts his reply

Chiefhater is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He's a beast. But he's no Slade Norris.

weber_2 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefhater View Post
    He's a beast. But he's no Slade Norris.
    Slade Norris is good but he's no Nick Miller

weber_2 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDuck View Post
    The most recent "beast" was Bruce Campbell. Everybody remember when we got Goodson and people were running around like extras from Chicken Run saying "OH NOES! REGGIE TRADED AWAY BEAST CAMPBELL! HE'S GOING TO BE A HALL-OF-FAMER FOR SURE!!!"

Cut to several months later. Goodson's been averaging 6 yards a carry, while I'm not sure Campbell's even seen 6 snaps this year in Carolina.
    Bruce Campbell....Shop smart, shop S Mart!
    heitz75 likes this.

Almaden is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Calling him a beast is hyperbole, but he is extremely good on special teams, and is exceptionally fast. Because of his speed, he has the potential to be a great running back, but apparently the coaching staff feels he needs to improve his ball handling and ability to follow his blockers.
    Greasyjoe and JUSTWINBABY9111 like this.

RavenRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaden View Post
    Calling him a beast is hyperbole, but he is extremely good on special teams, and is exceptionally fast. Because of his speed, he has the potential to be a great running back, but apparently the coaching staff feels he needs to improve his ball handling and ability to follow his blockers.
    some people act like he has done nothing but he has been great on punt returns, be nice if they gave him the ball enough to see what he can do, LIKE TOMORROW
    Donaldray510 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    some people act like he has done nothing but he has been great on punt returns, be nice if they gave him the ball enough to see what he can do, LIKE TOMORROW
    Im torn on letting him get alot of reps tomorrow. I want to give Pryor the best chance to succeed. Saying that means that DMC has got to be on the field.

RavenRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    Im torn on letting him get alot of reps tomorrow. I want to give Pryor the best chance to succeed. Saying that means that DMC has got to be on the field.
    Really? it seems obvious if you want to give him the best chance to succeed, Goodson and Reece should be running the ball, but who knows, with the left is right, up is down forward is back, Knapp offense

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    Really? it seems obvious if you want to give him the best chance to succeed, Goodson and Reece should be running the ball, but who knows, with the left is right, up is down forward is back, Knapp offense
    The thing is if DMC is on the field and the game is even close to being close the D knows there is a high chance of him getting the ball, and will stack the box. Perhaps opening up everything else...if they have someone else in they may not respect the chance of a run as much. If Jones is in they will have a "make him prove he can beat us" mind set and stay balanced.

I guess what I'm saying is if TP were to get the last couple meaningless games to prove himself, but the man is getting 1 chance to make next years team.

Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The guy has a ton of potential, think Chris Johnson but bigger!

Like EVERY young runningback, he is struggling wit the two most important factors outside of running the ball, pass protection and ball security. Palmer gushes over the guy every time his name is brought up, camp reporters were in awe of him on a daily basis but somehow and yet our coaching staff has only allowed him to touch the ball 6 ****ing times this season. They see him every day, i dont but the guy averaged nearly 5 yards per carry in his rookie season, i understand if your making a playoff run or if your offense looked good but the bottom line is that our running game stinks and instead of giving a few reps to a potentially explosive player, we saw...........................whatever the **** his name was Stewart take the carries.

Some of us are joking but in his limited playing time you could really see beast potential there but we will never know.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information