Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: per rotoworld, Allen may be one and done.

raidersx127 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

per rotoworld, Allen may be one and done.

Reggie and mark are discussing with "confidants" what to go with Allen. Cut your losses and bring back Gruden. Those rumors were not b.s

Hall of Famer
    I didn't see anything there about Gruden.

What did I miss?

Edit: mis-read OP lol

Chairman of the Board
    One source told Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole that Raiders owner Mark Davis and GM Reggie McKenzie spoke to "confidants" this week about what to do with first-year head coach Dennis Allen.

Allen has done "little or nothing to inspire confidence" as a rookie coach, as his offensive coordinator hiring of Greg Knapp has proved an ill fit for Oakland's personnel, and Allen's defensive side of the ball has been the Raiders' biggest problem area. Cole seems to hint that Allen could be one-and-done in Oakland, although McKenzie and Davis are still weighing their options.
    per Rotoworld
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

Veteran

I never said the article said anything about gruden. That's my thoughts and hopes lol

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersx127 View Post
    I never said the article said anything about gruden. That's my thoughts and hopes lol
    Then it's still speculation and the rumors are just that rumors... To lure Gruden back will hinge on his ability to have the type of input that is left for General Managers and I don't see McKenzie rubber stamping that type of deal... If Allen is one and done we are going to see the same thing that happened under Davis and this franchise will never get out from under this funk mark my words. Not many potential coaches, assistants or whomever are going to want to operate under a one and done mentality.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Hall of Famer
    Yeah,exactly, that's why I edited....I re-read what you wrote

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

everything is playing out like i said it would
    Dirt Dog likes this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I assume "confidants" means old Raider legends like Willie Brown, Atkinson, Flores, Madden. Those guys will have Mckenzie's back, but they have no reason to support Allen.
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderArt View Post
    per Rotoworld

Veteran

If Allen I'd one and done, it doesn't mean it's the same as the dl Davis era . It means they made a right decision in cutting their losses after making the wrong decision. Allen is not the answer. Why have continuity just for the sake of continuity? If he's not the right guy, then get rid of him. Again, I believe gruden will be back next year. They're not going to get rid of Allen for another unproven guy. They need to get it right this time and it's gruden

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Then it's still speculation and the rumors are just that rumors... To lure Gruden back will hinge on his ability to have the type of input that is left for General Managers and I don't see McKenzie rubber stamping that type of deal... If Allen is one and done we are going to see the same thing that happened under Davis and this franchise will never get out from under this funk mark my words. Not many potential coaches, assistants or whomever are going to want to operate under a one and done mentality.
    Anyone with a brain would look at us firing Dennis Allen as a result in his poor ability to coach, not as a result in being a one and done franchise. Come on man.

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Let's all hope Rotoworld is just blowing smoke. We don't need to be looking for a head coach AGAIN, and we definitely don't need Gruden coming back.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Getting a new HC will be tricky... There hasn't been any stability with the Raiders for some time.
    I hope they keep Tarver. He did the best he can with what the Raiders had. Basically with no CB, a MLB who rather be off of the team, aging DTs, inconsistent DEs.. at least he got them to play with some passion towards the end.

Gruden would be all of the fans' dream... but I just don't see him coming back to a situation where he will have to completely rebuild.. Personally, would LOVE the idea... I think he could even turn Pryor into a average/good QB.

Realistically, I think Reggie will convince Mark to bring in HIS guy. One of them that comes to mind is Moss. Winston Moss might finally get his shot... Personally, I wouldn't mind it. I would love to see them bring in Kevin Greene with him but I doubt Greene will want to leave the Packers. Knapp needs to be fired ASAP. weather or not they keep Pryor, I would like Reggie to bring in an OC who can mold his offense to what the Raiders have, not trying to force the Raiders to play his offense when we don't have the players.

Either way, I have lost all confidence in Allen as a HC. He got put into the HC role way too quick.

I say go after Moss again. Win or lose, he will bring some balls and fire to this team.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    rotoworld is pretty damn reliable.

if you're reading it on there, theres some truth to it.

and lets not act like its out of the realm of possibilities bc its not like DA did a good job this year at ANYTHING.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Well when u state those rumors were not bs ur sort of implying that Gruden might come back...Reggie already said that was bs

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Anyone with a brain would look at us firing Dennis Allen as a result in his poor ability to coach, not as a result in being a one and done franchise. Come on man.
    Not true. We're already known in the national media as "The franchise that changes coaches like most people change underwear." Firing DA after one season with this awful roster would merely reinforce that.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information