Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Palmer done?

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    I've never been good with how things affect the cap. So you're saying if Carson really is done, there is no cap hit whatsoever??
    not a cap guy either but its my understanding that when a player retires they are essentially walking away from their contract... meaning once he leaves hes off the cap without any penalties...dont take my word as gospel though..im sue there is someone more knowledgable who can chime in if they read this
    MileHighRaider likes this.

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Carson gave it a go.

He has millions in the bank, and is the best player on a poor team with no money. If he is around next year the upside is nil, breaking another few ribs a real possibility.

If it is worth that to keep your grill on TV, go for it Carson.

Dudeness is offline Banned
    Veteran

Marlo Black is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Palmer done?

So the offensive coordinator killed McFadden and Palmer by having them do stuff not suited to their strengths.

If Allen decides to keep him now after all of this

oaklandheat is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    i really hope not..

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    So the offensive coordinator killed McFadden and Palmer by having them do stuff not suited to their strengths.
    And the OL is porous, the receivers have dropitis, McFadden has no backup (and is crystal), and the defense makes sure the Raiders lose the field position side of things despite a great punter.

I hope I never hear Knapp's name again, because if I do it will probably be a result of his success with talent.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by coogi View Post
    not a cap guy either but its my understanding that when a player retires they are essentially walking away from their contract... meaning once he leaves hes off the cap without any penalties...dont take my word as gospel though..im sue there is someone more knowledgable who can chime in if they read this
    That was my uneducated assessment as well. ^^^

Godinez84 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Done for the season, hopefully not a career ending injury.
    But Palmer out of Oak? No way, we need to see this threw, we gave up a 1st and 2nd for him.
    But he has been more than descent at QB, with the OL not up to par, or Offensive that uses his strenghts.
    Who can we add at the moment that is better than Palmer? Or who will be willing to come over right now?
    I don't see any day 1 starters that wil be better than Palmer in College right now.

Need to see this threw With Palmer. He's not part of our problem for Losing.

raiderjohn622 is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Godinez84 View Post
    Done for the season, hopefully not a career ending injury.
    But Palmer out of Oak? No way, we need to see this threw, we gave up a 1st and 2nd for him.
    But he has been more than descent at QB, with the OL not up to par, or Offensive that uses his strenghts.
    Who can we add at the moment that is better than Palmer? Or who will be willing to come over right now?
    I don't see any day 1 starters that wil be better than Palmer in College right now.

Need to see this threw With Palmer. He's not part of our problem for Losing.
    GM's and Owners should never restrict themselves to the cost of players. If the player is not cutting it and will not cut it going forward, we and they should never hold onto the player due to the cost, in Palmers case a 1st and 2nd, is irrelevant at this point. Geez, if we went with that thought, Ro would probably still be our free safety on our prevent defense. That said, Palmer, if Palmer wants back, I take him back and he's my starting QB. He's proven himself enough to warrant the job going forward. He showed a lot in a new system. Now lets go back tothe old system and right the ship.

Heart of Oak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    If this is true, I would rather we go for a Kirk Cousins or even Matt Flynn - the QB class is really weak this year and I don't think Geno Smith is 'that' guy.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    . He showed a lot in a new system. Now lets go back tothe old system and right the ship.
    This^^^^
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

defiance is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Oak View Post
    If this is true, I would rather we go for a Kirk Cousins or even Matt Flynn - the QB class is really weak this year and I don't think Geno Smith is 'that' guy.
    Matt Flynn

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I don't know how credible this is...

Both RM and DA have said straight from their mouth that Palmer's the QB of the future for the franchise, although I don't know how long they speculate he can last in the NFL. If Palmer is done its because he says he's done. Palmer's an average qb at this point with questionable decision making... We definitely need to be making plans around his replacement, if it's grooming Pryor or finding our qb via draft or trade.

I'd welcome the cap relief, if we're sticking with Reggie's deconstruct and rebuild plan might as well put an end to the short Palmer era.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    You take from the world, the world takes back.

tough business

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He'll be fine. At least, if he wants to come back he will be. Never seen a rib injury take someone out for good.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information